PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:28:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 736348 times)
Captain Berg
ARR!

NOM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
Re: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #2535 on: 2008 May 03, 15:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is indeed the site, BlueBlood! Thanks, I'm bookmarking it this time  Smiley

devilsrope
ARR!

She's filled with secrets.

View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: 2008 May 04, 11:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

**Warning--Verbose Pirate Ahead**

So, hey everyone. I'd like some feedback on my little pet project here. I didn't make any of these things, these are all EAxis objects and textures stolen from Castaway Stories. As I'm sure most of you know, MATY (and Insim) have a bunch of the items, clothes, etc. ripped from the various 'Stories' games and converted for TS2. There were some things I wanted which are way down on the totem pole (no fancy animations or functions), so I decided to give it a go. The reason I'm posting here is cause, well,
A) I lurk here a ton and am relatively comfy with you all. I'm nervous about posting, but I know you guys to be honest and encouraging. (And I hope even our Pirate King won't hang me by my thumbs for too long if I screwed up).
B) These items aren't welcome at MTS2.
C) Three days ago I had no idea how to clone an object, and I only learned how to recolor about a week ago. So I've no reason to believe I've done any of this right. Huh
And, since this is a feedback thread, I decided here was best. Now, I don't expect anyone to tutor me if I've frakked up, just lemme know, so I can go from there. Of course any help is welcome, just not expected.

Of course, since I'm brand new to this I've gone for the easiest things. I've hemmed and hawed about whether I should post any of this, cause it's so simplistic anyone (who has CS) can do it, and it feels sorta over-easy if you know what I mean. But this is my first go, so what the hey. Plus, if these are ok, it will save others the work. Anyway, I converted about 20 objects and their recols, plus a whole slew of recolors for existing TS2 objects. The textures on all these things could be called...dingy...for anyone who hasn't seen CS. With a couple exceptions, I did un-native-y stuff cause I liked the industrial look the objects have. If these are ok though, I'll do some native stuff that hasn't been done yet (as far as I know). For the recols, a lot of the items are from the base game. The exceptions I know are: I recolored the worn fridge (from Uni?) rather than the BG one. If anyone wants tho, I can redo them for the cheap BG fridge. The communal shower is also Uni. The life preservers are from FFS, maybe one is from BV? The jukebox is from NL. I'm not sure about the "Dangling Daylight Ceiling Lamp" (the one that looks just like the garden hanging lamp), or the two cheap lamps (Pix-arm and Watt is it) which are both recolored by the same packages, but I think they are all BG. The atomic door is from Pets. The garden lamp is from Seasons. The holy smoke stair recol requires Numenor's replacement which is here.

As for the objects, I have no clue as to compatibility particulars. I tried to mess with the Base Game Starter and Any Game Starter, but to be honest, I didn't really didn't like them. What I have installed is all SP/EP up to BV/TSS, so I know that config works. I doubt many (if any) of these are Base Game compatible; I know nothing about how that works. Tongue If anything needs updating for FT, and someone is inclined, please do so. I believe everything is ok for pet interactions. The bookcase is ok for Uni. If I missed something, please let me know. It's quite possible I have overlooked something or just plain didn't know. One object, the dog bone, was already done by someone, at MATY I think, but I also did it, cause I wasn't happy with the package size of the one I downloaded. Hope that is okay. I have play-tested everything, (as has my bf--thanks hon Kiss), but far from exhaustively. Just some fair-warning there.

Known issues:
1. The package cs_militarydresser has a wonky recolor. I tried to fix it, but it's still acting funny. It works, but it's slow to load, and in debug, I can see the tooltip doesn't wordwrap properly. I had a few others that acted that way, but was able to redo them and they are okay now. If someone can tell me what causes that, I'd be grateful.

2. The package cs_militarydesk, looks like a desk, and is in the desk section of the catalog. Please note, however, that the game considers it to be a table, and thus it cannot function as the One Desk. Not wanting to create an entirely new object, I left it this way. All the GUIDs used (for all the objects here) are the ones they have in CS, with no conflicts in my game.

3. The barstools have a freaky shadow. I dunno if that's my fault or not...it's late early and I'm too lazy to boot CS to see. I usually play with shadows off, so it doesn't bother me, but I'll probably look into it in the next day or two. edit: This is a Maxis error.

4. Ugly, non-matchiness (thanks EAxis). A lot of this stuff isn't very pretty, even considering it supposed to be grungy, and I won't even be keeping it all. For the sake of completeness, however, I did every color I could find.

I think that's about it. If you read all that, here's some rum and cookies. And some pictures for your perusing pleasure. I took pictures of everything except maybe one light. (Not pictures of every color; I'm not insane, mind you). Hope it's ok to post this long freakin post and so many pics. Embarrassed I feel extremely self-conscious all of the sudden. Couple last notes: the cabinets are from WDS, and the first picture shows some crates, later ones show a bed and bedding, all extracted by JMP. And finally, don't believe the L&P - the lamps are on the dressers thanks to OMSP.

Here are TS2 recolor files: http://www.mediafire.com/?i9zvzmfzi8z

Here are the CS objects with their recolors packaged in (EAxis-style): http://www.mediafire.com/?ytzf6qxuamg

« Last Edit: 2008 May 06, 02:58:09 by devilsrope » Logged

deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: 2008 May 04, 13:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really love the posters! I would download them all in a jiffy Tongue

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: 2008 May 04, 18:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I snagged it all devilsrope. It will be perfect for bunkers and such.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: 2008 May 05, 16:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it that dilapidated silo is a neighborhood object? If so, yummy. If not, slightly less yummy. My current 'hood runs the gambit of extremely wealthy to shack-dwellers, so I'm always in need of some run-down looking objects, especially for the housing projects I'm going to be creating in a couple of generations.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
devilsrope
ARR!

She's filled with secrets.

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: 2008 May 05, 23:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys, please let me know if any (new) issues arise. Smiley And kariminger, you mean in the first picture, yes? I'm sorry, it's not a neighborhood object. It would be a good one, though, since it's only for looks. Maybe I'll look into that down the road, if someone else doesn't.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: 2008 May 06, 04:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neh, it's still great. I make use faux hood-objects all the time, like 1xX buffer zones of trees and plazas.

Jonze
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2542 on: 2008 May 06, 20:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all!
I made a really small site (cos I was bored!) It has a few avatars and stuff on it to promote pmbd. It's teh kind of thing I'd like for putting on other profiles so I thought someone else might like it too.
Anyway, it's nothing fancy it only took about 5 minutes but it was fun Tongue
http://www.freewebs.com/captain-jonze/index.html

And it's also in my sig down there. Smiley
If theres any really crap stuff about the site tell me, cos I'm learning web design and need all the criticism/compliments I can get to help me learn.
Thanks Cheesy

I just realised all the page titles are the same, so I'll have to change that.
Oh and If you don't fan all over my site, I'll be back in a month to tell you all how ur all lazy housewives.
For real.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 06, 21:03:19 by Jonze » Logged

tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: 2008 May 06, 20:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jonze, that bought a smile to my face.  I love it already.

ETA:  To edit a post, there is a modify button top right.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Jonze
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2544 on: 2008 May 06, 21:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much, twice!
I was using the little edit symbol in the lower right corner Tongue

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2545 on: 2008 May 06, 21:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neh, it's still great. I make use faux hood-objects all the time, like 1xX buffer zones of trees and plazas.

I use kariminger's buffer zones often...they're quite beautiful AND handy.

Cala, Skadi, and Saraswati - Kariminger's the one I mentioned who did Prospect University! Wink I knew I'd remember sooner or later! (Okay, so you had to put it in a post to remind me, but hey, I remembered, didn't I?  Grin )

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: 2008 May 07, 00:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm working on two more right now...well, sort of two. One has all buildings done, similar to PU in functionality but not in looks and with 'hood imposters for classroom buildings that I don't intend to actually use. It's kind of weird and mod and called Renwarr College. My other one is actually only three lots. Quad/park, huge classroom and bookstore lot (set to actually function and including career reward objects), and a dual-dorm lot. That's all she wrote. The whole thing takes up less than a 7x7 square. I'm using the SC4 sets to round out the spot, as Tou Laine Tech is supposed to be an urban community college. Neither have any signage or clothing done.

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2547 on: 2008 May 07, 00:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I can't wait! I love PU...the lots are creative and actually look like university lots (go figure). I also love your neghborhood object-cum-site directory, so you know where to place lots. Smart!

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Rose
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: 2008 May 07, 01:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally am learning how to recolor objects! Hooray.

I finished a set of framed vintage wallpapers (an attempt to complete the set Alleliua did at DLMuslow).

If you're interested, you can download 'em here
deelink
ARR!

patch it where it counts

View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: 2008 May 07, 01:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rose, thanks for these! My friend is going to love you! She loves this kind of things and we are currently building a house together where these kind of prints are needed as features! Tongue Thanks precious!  Kiss

"It's a pity closed minds don't come with closed mouths" - Strix
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: