PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:24:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 10 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 807095 times)
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #2265 on: 2009 December 01, 11:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am aware of that. But what proof does he have for those statements? Take a look at his quote from Sims Cave that you posted. Indications and speculations aren't proof.

I'm not sure what proof if any Pes has, but if he says they are responsible for the hacking (which i already believed anyway) i believe him wholeheartedly.

Quote from Igne at MATY
Thomas made it quite clear to me in a private MSN chat that TSR had authorised the passing of personal user details to TSR creators, and that he felt it was completely justified.  That is how they got to Dot, ATWA etc. I don't know whether he told them to publish them onwards, or if they made that decision for themselves.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17397.25.html

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

lorikay
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: 2009 December 01, 11:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would he tell that to Inge?

This is starting to sound like bad publicity is better than no publicity.  Huh
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2267 on: 2009 December 01, 12:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would he tell that to Inge?

This is starting to sound like bad publicity is better than no publicity.  Huh

I'm not sure what his motive was for telling Igne that. If Igne would explain it in more detail we might know the why & his reasoning for telling her so.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: 2009 December 01, 12:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So am I right to assume that Inge's statement pretty much backs up coconut's?
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2269 on: 2009 December 01, 12:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So am I right to assume that Inge's statement pretty much backs up coconut's?

Sure sounds like it to me. I would say it does completely.

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: 2009 December 01, 13:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok wait whoa, why would he say that to Inge?  Are they talking about this situation or the previous times that we already know about? This makes no sense to me.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: 2009 December 01, 14:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been following this for a couple of days now. Just for the record, as you are all already aware of where the list comes from, I am on the list and only on Bluesoup's petition do the email and name used appear together. If I was Thomas I wouldn't have passed that around, as what he has isn't a list of pirates, it's a list of people who totally dislike him and everything he stands for. I know that's why my name is there.  He must be so proud to have a list that long.  Is it coincidence that everyone he has used to pass information on is female? or is that just what Thomas is, a coward who hides behind women.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2272 on: 2009 December 01, 14:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok wait whoa, why would he say that to Inge?  Are they talking about this situation or the previous times that we already know about? This makes no sense to me.

I'm puzzled by this too and would also like to know when that chat happened.  Huh

Would somebody ask Inge to clarify. And also to tell us how Thomas supposedly justified this to her.

ETA:
Am I the only one who thinks this should be split into a separate thread? This is the only place that has so much information about this matter, but if anybody comes here to find out whats going on, they won't have a clue where to look.

ETA again, because I missed Lorikay’s post the first time around:
I think the sacking of Atwa only shows that she was the one who began passing the list around, and because her identity as CarpeDiem was exposed they had to let her fall. No doubt the list came from the petition and no doubt it was in TSR’s possession. All I’m saying is that we don’t know how they got it. Personally I’m not prepared to accuse anyone of hacking – no matter how many times Pes says he thinks they did it.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 01, 14:35:31 by Moune » Logged

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: 2009 December 01, 16:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for Bluesoup, I certainly don’t have any fondness for her at all, but I’ve got to say that if I were her I would stay far away from this discussion, too. To an extend she has already been branded as involved in this, although there is no actual proof of it, and I think a number of people would simply not listen to what she had to say about the matter. Yes, it was her petition, and yes, it is strange that her name is missing from the list.
Her name ISN'T missing from the list. It's on the list, just not as "BlueSoup". I know what it is, though, and it's there. As far as the Soup's involvement in the matter, I don't really believe there is any, other than that BlueSoup has a fat head.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Grimma
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: 2009 December 01, 18:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Cocunut post is up, examining (il)legalities of TSR's much-touted "privacy" policy. In the light of this, the following, which is taken from Steve-oh's "False Accusations" reply, is especially lulzy:
If you have any concerns we would urge you to read our Privacy Policy which we believe demonstrates that we take our members' privacy very seriously.

Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2275 on: 2009 December 01, 18:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for Bluesoup, I certainly don’t have any fondness for her at all, but I’ve got to say that if I were her I would stay far away from this discussion, too. To an extend she has already been branded as involved in this, although there is no actual proof of it, and I think a number of people would simply not listen to what she had to say about the matter. Yes, it was her petition, and yes, it is strange that her name is missing from the list.
Her name ISN'T missing from the list. It's on the list, just not as "BlueSoup". I know what it is, though, and it's there. As far as the Soup's involvement in the matter, I don't really believe there is any, other than that BlueSoup has a fat head.

Okay, that is one matter cleared up. I wonder who the missing petitioner on slot 1 was, then.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2276 on: 2009 December 02, 00:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would somebody ask Inge to clarify. And also to tell us how Thomas supposedly justified this to her.

Someone already has over at MATY & no reply as of yet. I doubt Igne will add anything new to her statement on what Thomas told her.

Okay, that is one matter cleared up. I wonder who the missing petitioner on slot 1 was, then.

Maybe the one who hacked the petition in the 1st place?

*dons tin foil hat*

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: 2009 December 02, 01:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the sacking of Atwa only shows that she was the one who began passing the list around, and because her identity as CarpeDiem was exposed they had to let her fall. No doubt the list came from the petition and no doubt it was in TSR’s possession. All I’m saying is that we don’t know how they got it. Personally I’m not prepared to accuse anyone of hacking – no matter how many times Pes says he thinks they did it.
If you don't think TSR was responsible, explain how, exactly, they managed to acquire something that could only have been obtained from a specific hacking? Yes, there are random hackings. Plenty of sites have been randomly hacked by the random riffraff that populates the Internet. When this happens, no one relevant ends up with anything useful. In the past, I have specifically ruled out incidents of hacking as NOT being related to TSR, so I am clearly not out to pin every single hacking on TSR. THIS, however, is CLEARLY a TSR hacking. There is simply no other logical explanation: If an independent hacker did it, then why does TSR have this information? Therefore, it was a TSR hacker.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2278 on: 2009 December 02, 02:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Therefore, it was a TSR hacker.

*cough~ATWAT~cough*

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*

sleegee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: 2009 December 02, 06:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just went over to TSR to read that "announcement" that Coconut mentioned and as soon as I logged in, their site tried to download a trojan to my computer.

Rotten fucking T$R.  Just implode already, will ya!
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: