PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:12:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 11 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 818163 times)
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1710 on: 2009 July 15, 13:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because they have EA in their pockets due to a variety of ass-kissing activities - and therefore are the first site listed on the fansite database on all three official Sims Sites (TS1, 2, and 3 as soon as their fansite list is up and running on the forum) - which results in the 12's who hang out at the official site assuming that A- all CC sites are pay, B- TSR is a cool place to get CC (NOT!!!), and C- Many people are to lazy to really look through their Google Search when looking for Sims Custom Content and amazingly what is the first one other than Mod the Sims to show up in the search list- Guess What Folks- TSR

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Alke
Landlubber

Misillusioned Discreant

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: 2009 July 15, 17:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mod The Sims IS first, though, for Sims 2. I'm in the process of checking out the number one result for Sims 3, which isn't TSR. It's called Sims3Port, and it appears to be free, but... kinda sketchy (i.e. Michael Jackson is classed as an automobile). Never did trust Google for finding CC sites, anyways.

To make this post more relevant, TSR IS CONSTRUCTED FROM PURE DOUCHE AND MUST BE DESTROYED.

How many zombies make up a horde?
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: 2009 July 15, 17:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got Vundo last fall from an ad advertising anti-spam services.  I did not click on it since I knew better, but I wasn't fast enough to ctrl/alt/delete to close the window.  It downloaded itself that fast. We spent most of Thanksgiving weekend trying to get rid of it, even FixVundo from McAfee didn't touch it.  We finally found something called HijackThis that cleaned it all out.

Personally I'm advocating the Death Penalty for virus designers.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: 2009 July 15, 17:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's how Code Injection works.
*scary stuff snipped*
*Cat hides under her bed with a shotgun full or rocksalt.*
WB, that was informative, but damn, now I'm totally paranoid.

scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: 2009 July 15, 18:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem is still with the attitude of the site when you know that is where you got it from.  I wouldn't be as pissed if a site had the attitude of "Wow, we are so sorry that that happened to you at our site!  We will check into it right away and until we know what happened we will suspend ads and get more info from our ad services about this. We certainly wouldn't want anyone else to go through this if we could prevent it."  But that is absolutely not their attitude.  They acted like I shouldn't be complaining to them about something that they were assuming had to be an ad on the site since they don't technically control the ads. (they do have the ability to disable them so they can do something about them but that would compromise their bottom line so that seemed to out of the question.)   It is the typical TSR behavior of blaming the customer instead of taking responsibity for thier site.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: 2009 July 15, 18:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and therefore are the first site listed on the fansite database on all three official Sims Sites (TS1, 2, and 3 as soon as their fansite list is up and running on the forum)

I'm not so sure there will be a fansite database for Sims 3 on the official site, just because of how EA seems to have tried to make CC other than ingame recolors, sims and lots not possible, but we see they are wrong.

Only time will tell if they actually do a fansite list.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1716 on: 2009 July 16, 01:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, MTS is NOT only a sims 2 site, nor primarily one - they had tools and patterns out before TSR did.  They already have tutorials as well.

Its natural there is -more- sims 2 stuff there, but that's the same for any site doing both, since Sims 2 is an older game.

Thought I'd clear that up.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: 2009 July 16, 08:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is the typical TSR behavior of blaming the customer instead of taking responsibity for thier site.

This kinda made me think.
Someone read me an excerpt from a book called "When I say no, I feel guilty" and the whole book is about assertiveness. It's from the 70s, but it's still relevant, and really insightful. Anyhow, there's a bit on how customer service representatives use certain techniques to make people feel bad or crazy or stupid for returning a product. It's classic manipulation, and it's oozing out of TSR by the assload. But I'd bet there are a good few people there that could use to read that book, or one like it. Because when one gets used to being walked on, it doesn't seem so bad when someone treads lightly. But that one just doesn't realize that someone shouldn't be treading at all. It kind of makes me sad to know that some of those TSR sheeple just don't seem to understand it.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
ScooterBabe
ARR!

Take that, Jack Sparrow!

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: 2009 July 16, 14:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's classic manipulation, and it's oozing out of TSR by the assload.

ROFL! I almost spewed coffee on my monitor when I read that, dusdeedawn. Wink

Being a former T$R cultist, I can now see what drivel they force feed everyone. Luckily for me, I've never received a virus from visiting their site. That could be due to my installing a Hosts File, thus blocking all of those insidious ads, and using SpywareBlaster to inoculate my browser.

Empress Paden's reaction to T$R: "I'll use my free will to spit in their eye and tell them to go take a flying fornication at a rapidly turning breakfast pastry before ever they see a dime outta me."
ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1719 on: 2009 July 17, 00:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also got a virus from TSR.  It's why I've been gone the past few weeks.  It totally borked my computer.  I'm pretty certain it happend when I went there to download their creation tool to compare to the Delphy's.  So I did download something.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: 2009 July 17, 03:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also got a virus from TSR.  It's why I've been gone the past few weeks.  It totally borked my computer.  I'm pretty certain it happend when I went there to download their creation tool to compare to the Delphy's.  So I did download something.
Have you read Coconut's blog about the TSR tool?  Coconut suspects it contains something that might set off anti-virus software.  Was the badness something that came along with the tool, or maybe coincidentally from an ad you happened to see at the time, or was it part of the tool?  How did you get rid of it?

Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1721 on: 2009 July 17, 05:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you read Coconut's blog about the TSR tool?  Coconut suspects it contains something that might set off anti-virus software.  Was the badness something that came along with the tool, or maybe coincidentally from an ad you happened to see at the time, or was it part of the tool?  How did you get rid of it?

I've downloaded the tool from TSR & scanned it with my Anti-virus & Malwarebytes both before install & after install. They both found nothing. It's also alot simpler to use then Delphys tool too. Its the ad's at TSR that have been injected with malicious script that are infecting people.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 17, 05:20:01 by WB » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

ValancySterling
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1722 on: 2009 July 17, 12:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you read Coconut's blog about the TSR tool?  Coconut suspects it contains something that might set off anti-virus software.  Was the badness something that came along with the tool, or maybe coincidentally from an ad you happened to see at the time, or was it part of the tool?  How did you get rid of it?

I'm thinking it was more likely an ad.   It was a few days after I downloaded it and I had gone back to read something on their site.  However, I didn't know my husband had removed my now expired virus protection.  In the end, he had to wipe my hard drive and reinstall everything.

Shameless plug warning:  Please go read my ongoing novel, Dusk Of Innocence here.  I promise, it doesn't suck too bad!
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1723 on: 2009 July 17, 12:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The TSR tool is available on other sites - it doesn't set off anything with my Virus software but - I am really leery about using it until Pescado or someone in the know here or at MATY takes it apart and looks at it to make sure that it doesn't have any happy little attachments like the rest of their downloads do- usually at TSR it is the ads- Thomass does not really care whether the ads are malware, or scams as long as they keep putting teh moneez in his greedy little pocketses - of course - he does not realize that if peoples computers are destroyed they cannot download anything from his craptastic site (despite having paid for the shit) and his number of subscriber downloads will go down-Why the fuck does he needs advertisers anyways- after all the sheeple have paid for his second home and expensive cars?

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: 2009 July 17, 14:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I Downloaded & checked the tool, it's clean. But I haven't checked what happens when you click 'Upload on T$R', so I don't know for that. You probably had yet another vicious ad attack Sad Watchout from these nasty things. Although there's nothing much you can do in prevention except having a lonnnnnnnng list of "Blocked sites" in your settings. Opera is cool for that. Advice: generalize the blocking: don't block http://www.megaclick.com/whatever/randomnumer.html, block that: *megaclick*.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: