PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:35:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 817511 times)
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1665 on: 2009 June 18, 12:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never worked for TSR.  But I was an active member there for quite awhile.  And I think I can explain some of its appeal.  It was a supportive group.  If someone posted about a bad experience or an illness, there would soon be 10 replies.  There's an ongoing thread--it's been there forever--about members with disabilities.  It's a place where they can discuss issues that are serious to them without being put down. Some kid once directed a vicious ethnic slur at me. The admins pm'ed me to see if I was ok.  Things changed once Thomas came on the scene, of course.  But some of the feeling of community remains.  For you tough PMBD and MATY guys, I'm sure this sounds laughable.  But I can see why members--including SA's and FA's--were attracted to the place and why some stay there. (Money issues aside).

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1666 on: 2009 June 18, 15:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i agree with you dietofworms. At first the support does seem to be there but then you being realizing what is going on behind the scenes- the thing I quickly discovered however is that the same support exists at S2C, and many of the other forums in the free community without all of the bullshit that goes on at TSR. Even here at PMBD we do support each other- we can be mean, nasty and snarky to each other on a fairly frequent basis but you have to admit- when something happens in someones life- we generally do offer support - look at the ten pages of support we offered to Nouk when she decided to leave to community or the support for Moune when she had her baby- or the support for any of the others in what is going on in their real lives outside the community. I never felt the real friendship at TSR however because they were all to willing to smack you down when you were right or to turn around and stab you in the back( not that doesn't happen here- don't get me wrong I am no idealist) - Here for the most part when someone is smacked down it is usually deserved for something that was incredibly stupid.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: 2009 June 18, 16:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just hope that no one applies for FA's for Sims 3 and TSR crashes big time.

There will be Sims 3 FAs, because you don't apply by sending a Email or PM saying you would like to be on, no, submitting your content for Sims 3 is what gets you into the running for it. So if you where to go submit something on TSR right now for Sims 3, you would be in the running for a Sims 3 FA position.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: 2009 June 18, 16:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Steve approve of Thomas' "antics", tolerate them, just not care about them, or is he oblivious to them?  Is there evidence one way or another?

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1669 on: 2009 June 18, 18:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would hazard a guess and say he knows- and if he doesn't it is his job as CEO of TSR Inc to know and he is phail as a businessman (no matter how much he denys TSR is a business) - Quite probably he is laughing all the way to the bank

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: 2009 June 18, 21:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never worked for TSR.  But I was an active member there for quite awhile.  And I think I can explain some of its appeal.  It was a supportive group.  If someone posted about a bad experience or an illness, there would soon be 10 replies.  There's an ongoing thread--it's been there forever--about members with disabilities.  It's a place where they can discuss issues that are serious to them without being put down. Some kid once directed a vicious ethnic slur at me. The admins pm'ed me to see if I was ok.  Things changed once Thomas came on the scene, of course.  But some of the feeling of community remains.  For you tough PMBD and MATY guys, I'm sure this sounds laughable.  But I can see why members--including SA's and FA's--were attracted to the place and why some stay there. (Money issues aside).

I have to agree with dietofworms to some extent. I play Sims on a Mac and there has always been a large Mac presence at TSR in the forums. It's only been about a year/year and half ago that we Mac Users got our own spot on the BBS. I've made some good friends online through TSR and although we no longer hang out there anymore, we still keep in touch.

Now, thanks to many other sites (here, the BBS, S2C, Black Pearl, and many others too numerous to name) we have a great networking for Macs. So thanks to all for their support. And thanks to all my friends.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1671 on: 2009 June 19, 15:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't take a lot, but it does take some, to get even dumb people to believe your lies at first.

And actually, I think Thomass is a quite crappy liar. I could think of much better ways to lie than he does.

And no, I was not implying that anyone who believed Thomas was stupid. Trusting, perhaps naive.

Yes, you were.  You did not use the words trusting or naive.  You used the word dumb.  See where I quoted you? That is the word dumb. RIGHT THERE.  I even bolded and made it red for you. You are welcome.  And hell, that was not even an implication, that was a flat out statement.  Then, you said he was a crappy liar, therefore implying anyone that would believe a crappy lie must be less that intelligent. Besides, I am hardly naive.  Perhaps I give people the benefit of the doubt until they show me that they don't deserve it, much like I have done with you. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: 2009 June 19, 15:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact Thoma$$ doesn't even have to lie most of the time. See, 99% of their sheeplings are not aware of the thief activity of some theives FAs. It's waaaay easier to hide something by sweepin' it under the carpet than to explain why they allowed stolen CC to be uploaded. Very easy: delete everything related to that, including forum threads, posts and comments. The remaining 1% are either FAs that steal the CC anyway or sheeplings trying to open the others eyes. The latter case never work, as no other sheeplings willl believe them and the bad sheep is quickly ejected from the sect system. Frankly I don't believe they're "dumb" or "stupid" but indoctrinated. They get sucked in, attracted by the shinies and then their minds is washed everyday. Rinse and repeat. This system only works if you keep cleaning any 'abnormal' thing to keep an artificial glittering and shinies.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: 2009 June 19, 21:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I give people the benefit of the doubt until they show me that they don't deserve it, much like I have done with you. 

Oh, give it a rest. Like you've never put your foot in your mouth. Do you really think that her intentions were to offend you? I think you've taken this past the necessary point and are simply holding a grudge, which is fine, whatever, but it's just going to get dumb from here on in and you may as well just take it to PM already and save the rest of us the headache.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: 2009 June 19, 22:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok slightly off topic but concerning TSR so bear with me. Or not.

Did I miss a Monica is a thief thing? Who is this Monica? When did this happen? Is it old? How come I suck and have never heard of this? Should I stop skimming?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: 2009 June 19, 23:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I miss a Monica is a thief thing? Who is this Monica? When did this happen? Is it old? How come I suck and have never heard of this? Should I stop skimming?

It was talked about in the Paysite Macros thread of all places here.  It was posted on the 15th, so it's internet old, but not really old news.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1676 on: 2009 June 20, 00:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I give people the benefit of the doubt until they show me that they don't deserve it, much like I have done with you. 

Oh, give it a rest. Like you've never put your foot in your mouth. Do you really think that her intentions were to offend you? I think you've taken this past the necessary point and are simply holding a grudge, which is fine, whatever, but it's just going to get dumb from here on in and you may as well just take it to PM already and save the rest of us the headache.

How about you stay out of something that doesn't have anything to do with you? Your opinion of what is dumb and what is not is of little concern to me. 

SamanthaS
ARR!

Official #2 stalker of Ry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1677 on: 2009 June 20, 01:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I remember about Monica was the insane registration policies of her forum: "You must log in at least every third Thursday of every month that ends in the letter Y and you must also post in odd threads on the 2nd Tuesday of your choice and even threads on Saturdays after 10 p.m. EST but only during months that start with the letter J. Failure to do so will result in the deletion of your account." Said forum is now defunct, I think. Hmm.

Free Sims 2 Downloads, no waiting! | Free Sims Finds | Seriously, your post is straining my wtf organ. -Neriana
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1678 on: 2009 June 20, 02:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually sat down and read the Monica thing over at BPS today.  I, too, had missed it.  Really interesting read and I see she is still a SA at TSR.

Ashbashtus
ARR!

Join us! We haz cookies!

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: 2009 June 20, 04:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about you stay out of something that doesn't have anything to do with you? Your opinion of what is dumb and what is not is of little concern to me. 

Seeing as you're having this stupid bitchfest on the forum and not by pm basically means we can all get involved in it if we very well please. The fact that you were offended by a comment that really had nothing to do with you is of little concern to me and probably everyone else but you still felt the need to post about it. This special snowflake, "its all about me" behavior is irritating.

"Ook ook, eek eek, motherfucker" -Paden
ShakeShaft's a fucking thief and Thoma$$' little bitch.
TSR, the home of JesusDot
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: