PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:22:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 806965 times)
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #2220 on: 2009 November 30, 03:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with missangelica on this point, Darqstar. It does sound like your downplaying this (maybe for your own peace of mind?). Regardless, people are finding out that information about them is being circulated without their consent. They have every right to be PISSED and ANGRY and to act however the hell they want. And I seriously don't think they should blame themselves for this because they had a desire to change things for the better by signing a petition. 

I'm not saying people don't have the right to be pissed.  I'm pissed too.  My name is on the list and I'm totally against it. And if someone can tell me what legal action I can take to stop this, I'll do it.  However, I've also seen how effective we've been in the past when we've gone the route of the foaming lunatics.  We screamed and yelled about the leaking of information.  Thomas calmly posted how we were wrong and the information was lies.  Some folks joined our side.  Many stayed on TSR.  And some folks even went to TSR and said, "I can't believe how crazy those pirates are, thank god you folks are sane!" 

And I'm not questioning that this is a bad thing.  It is.  Even if nothing can happen as a results of this, you still have someone giving out information and lying. However, until I know what is happening with that information, I cannot take any action to stop it or have Atwa punished for it. So, what is the point now of yelling and screaming?  Will it take away the information?  Nope, it's still out there. 

How other people want to react is their own choice.  And I'm not going to be condemned, or patronized just because I choose not to fall into a panic over it.  It's a two way street, if everyone else has the right to run around screaming like a chicken with their heads cut off, (which they do) I have a right to take the, "Okay, let's see what they're going to do next." 

Coconut probably saved the day by posting this stuff.   Which is awesome, and I am totally grateful to him/her for that.  With the information being public, if TSR/Atwa did have huge plans, this rather throws a giant cog into them, doesn't it?

Missangelica, I'm not going to argue with you, it's becoming childish and stupid on both our parts. However, I was never in an abusive relationship with TSR.  I never had anything against TSR until I was well away from them and THEN found out they shared paypal information.  They never treated me poorly, to be honest.  Even when they did take away my status, it was at a time when I wasn't creating and the whole thing didn't strike me as mean, it struck me then how much of a business TSR was.  They didn't care about you, personally, they only cared about you as a producer of product for them.   I was fine with that. 

I think that people have taken my opinion of how I'm handling this and thought I was telling everyone, "It's no big deal."  No, that's not true. It IS a big deal.  It's sleazy, awful, and immoral. And of course people on the list have every right to be pissed off.    If there was something I could do to stop it, I would.  My whole entire point is that I'm not going to panic about it haunting me until it does.  The information leaking is rotten.  HOWEVER, the unintentional silver lining is that if it is the information from the petition, then we have more evidence that Thomas is not only capable of such activities, he regularly does them.  Any doubts I had about the whole Buggyboots thing is gone.  It was Thomas that hacked her. 

Again, if someone can tell me any steps I can take to punish Atwa for this, tell me and I'll do them as long as they're legal.  Until then, there is nothing I can really do until/unless she or someone who has the list strikes first.  I don't see the point in going into a fit of rage that blinds me from reason right now, because all it will do is keep me from sleeping and give me an ulcer. 

One last time, because I can't stress this enough, I am in no way, shape or form saying this was acceptable.  This was a horrible, mean, underhanded thing to do and I'm of the opinion that there is something deeper going on here, OR, Atwa hacked this herself (she's been known to do some hacking herself) and now she's passing it out because she's delusional.  Either way, everyone on that list has the right to be furious that it leaked.  Everyone should be grateful to Coconut for letting us know it leaked, so we can be prepared.  But I cannot afford to waste my energy in a panic. 

If you, or anyone, has advice on how to protect anyone on that list from any problems that might arise?  You should share it.  Even if you do it by PM.  I've already spoken to my IP about it, and their opinion is that they will not release any information on me without a court order, to anyone.  Other than that, I don't know what I can do, because I don't really know what they can do with that information.  To be honest, it's information that is already out there in the world. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
lorikay
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: 2009 November 30, 04:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as usual, I'm late to the party, but I'm on that list and I signed that petition.  I should have known better, but apparently my brain was taking a snooze last spring.

I've never pirated anything before, but hey, since I'm on that list maybe it's time to start.  Roll Eyes
ZariaMoon
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: 2009 November 30, 04:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then that is it,  it was that online petition because that is the only thing it could have been in my instance.  Coconut did verify that it was mine, but I already knew it was.

I'm extremely pissed they had the gall to post this list but I've read enough BS over the years about their antics to see this is par for the course, now it's just hit very close to home.  Right or wrong I just signed a petition, never shared files nor posted anti-TSR sentiments.  

Congrats TSR, you just made an anonymous lurker into a vocal enemy,  keep up the good work.  I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for advice on how to handle this. 

Thank you Coconut for your help.  I am sorry to all whose names were leaked.

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: 2009 November 30, 07:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit, my real name and email leaking out would not really bother me much, I'd just have to change emails. I don't use paypal or my credit card online, and I would genuinely like to see someone try to fly up here and egg my house! Cheesy
But this is quite disturbing. Though it doesn't hurt me personally, I know there are a lot out there that have more to lose from it. And even if there aren't - THIS IS WRONG.

To Atwa: There are a million things one could say. Die horribly, burn in hell, piss up a rope, etc. But really, nothing we will ever say can make you any more miserable a person than you so clearly already are. Find another hobby. Oh, and burn in hell. Tongue

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2224 on: 2009 November 30, 08:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR's activity is without a doubt dubious and wrong (and they should be punished for it) - But I think people have to step back and realize that what they have is unbelievably insignificant and there really isn't much they can do with it that you can't counter easily with the law. I know you think that this is downplaying the situation - I'm not. There is no reason why TSR should have this info but we also must see that on the internet, information is very easy to get. There are hundreds of way tech savvy people can learn about you so worrying about what a gaming fansite could do with your name and email is outwardly pointless. (Example: Pescado lives somewhere on this map... link.

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: 2009 November 30, 09:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To Atwa or her mole:

What goes around comes around and you'll get yours.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: 2009 November 30, 10:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, of course, ShanOw appears to pontificate.

First off, you say that having something as unimportant as a person's real identity is "insignificant", then, to prove your point, you imply that you've pinpointed where Pescado lives. Do you even realize how you just contradicted yourself? Maybe YOU don't care if people can pinpoint your exact location (or where you work , or the names of those close to you) but I'm pretty sure more than a few people on that list might. And yes, of fucking course, they'll have the law to turn to in case anyone is stupid enough to act on that information, but the point is that they shouldn't even have to be worrying about dealing with the authorities because some shady entity is passing out their names and telling people they need to "protect themselves".

Secondly,  this isn't about the "hundreds of ways tech savvy people can learn about you", this is about the ONE WAY a rather deranged woman, who is associated with TSR, apparently hacked into an e-petition and is now passing out the real identities of those people who signed it.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: 2009 November 30, 11:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR posted a news item about this

False accusations against TSR

Some of you may have seen yet more false accusations made against TSR on another so called community site claiming that our member database containing personal names and addresses has been leaked. We would like to assure all member of TSR that this list of usernames has not come from TSR. Many of the usernames published do not even exist in our database, and never have. For the usernames that do exist, in some cases we have more info than they claim, and in others, less.

This list is clearly not a list of TSR users. This latest folly only demonstrates further that the information posted on that site about TSR is false, dreamt up in an underhanded attempt to try and discredit our community. Because we are absolutely confident that we can prove this to be farce we have instructed a law firm to press for full legal recompense for libel.

If you have any concerns we would urge you to read our Privacy Policy which we believe demonstrates that we take our members' privacy very seriously.

Update: Some comments posted by users on that site who are listed, state that they never gave TSR that info, or that the username is actually used on another Sims site and not on TSR.

And you know what, they aren't lying this time, we know it didn't come from a TSR database. Oh and guess what, they are talking to lawyers about this.  Roll Eyes

And if you don't know, someone made a thread about this on MTS, so people there are finding out they are on the list too.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Fran
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: 2009 November 30, 11:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one real development of having my name on this list is to finally make me register properly for PMBD. I figure if they want to call me a pirate, might as well live up to my name.
Oh, btw, TSR-go to hell. Take your minions with you. May you all burn in the eternal fires of damnation in the circle for liars.

I feel better already!
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: 2009 November 30, 12:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we know that Thomas or TSR in its official capacity was involved with this leak?  It's so stupid, and so counterproductive to their interests, that I find it hard to believe it came from them. They have nothing to gain, and a lot to lose, from releasing the list.  It feels more like the act of one vindictive, idiotic, paranoid individual who thinks she's getting back at her "enemies."   Roll Eyes

And yes, she was 'sacked'. She'll be back tomorrow with a brand spanking new identity.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
novastar
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: 2009 November 30, 12:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm amusingly on that list, and yes I searched my email and I have a confirmation email that I signed BlueSoup's petition, so that theory about the hacking of her petition being related makes sense to me.

It seems I have something to keep my eye on... this is an email I use for my studies. If there's anything one can do about such a thing happening I'll be getting it done, we should get to doing some action about this instead of sitting around speculating too much.

Also, Atwa seems to have shot herself in the foot again. Way to go, Atwat!
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: 2009 November 30, 13:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oi StevevB, you might want to mention in one of your little updates that we actually discovered all by ourselves (that would have been yesterday) that the info didn't come from your database. So exactly who's making false accusations again?

BTW what happened with CarpeDiem's SA status?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
novastar
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: 2009 November 30, 13:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW what happened with CarpeDiem's SA status?

It would appear as if CarpeDiem has gotten the can after this atrocity.
JMZ
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: 2009 November 30, 13:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just searched my email to find my notification of signing that petition (thank you for reminding me to do that novastar) - and my number on the list corresponds with the number on the petition. So I think that's pretty cut and dried.

I didn't sign using my full name though - I never share my full surname on sites like that - so that's something at least.

At least I don't use the same passwords wherever I go - I use so many different ones that I keep a (paper) list - and I've also made sure that my TSR password does not correspond to any others on that list.   Angry
Fran
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: 2009 November 30, 14:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you don't know, someone made a thread about this on MTS, so people there are finding out they are on the list too.

Which was more or less promptly locked by HP on the basis of  "We know they're not lying, why should we go insane over it?".
In other words, Coconut is lying and TSR is not.

I sometimes wonder which side she's on.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: