PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:22:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 806931 times)
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1575 on: 2009 June 10, 05:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do I have a feeling that the only option on this texture tool will be floodfill?
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: 2009 June 10, 17:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do I have a feeling that the only option on this texture tool will be floodfill?

You know from experience, that's why.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: 2009 June 10, 18:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you can download the pattern tool now. I won't download it, but looking at the steps and all that, it is no different than Delphy's tool. So the people (like me) that don't have the patience to do this, or fail at working on the image in Photoshop, won't be making patterns.

And I was right. The tool has an upload to TSR button, along with an export button, but the first button is the upload to TSR.

And I looked at the EULA, didn't look like they were hiding anything there, but I do wonder how TSR interpts this line:

All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content which may be created through use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties.

I'm wondering if they mean like EA and sites you go to get textures to put in the game, or the person making a new texture (and later new meshes).

Link to the workshop if people want to read all the stuff their selves: http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: 2009 June 10, 18:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I was right. The tool has an upload to TSR button, along with an export button, but the first button is the upload to TSR.

In truth, as long as you don't have to use that button in order to share the creation, I can't really fault them for that.  If the one Delphy made had an "Upload to MtS" button, I'd think it was a nifty idea. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: 2009 June 10, 18:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh burn. Seriously what the hell is up with your attitude problem, I'm not the only one who's getting sick of it.

« Last Edit: 2009 June 10, 18:41:22 by Markus » Logged
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1580 on: 2009 June 10, 19:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Georgette
Landlubber

In the booty, treating my sims =)

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: 2009 June 10, 19:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PMSL  Grin

Because that shit ain't worth paying for
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: 2009 June 10, 19:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In truth, as long as you don't have to use that button in order to share the creation, I can't really fault them for that.  If the one Delphy made had an "Upload to MtS" button, I'd think it was a nifty idea. 

But the thing is Delphy knew people who got his tool wouldn't necessarily post what they make on MTS. TSR is probably just trying to get more creators, so they made it easier to upload to their site.

I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: 2009 June 10, 21:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh burn. Seriously what the hell is up with your attitude problem, I'm not the only one who's getting sick of it.

*blink blink*  Huh?  I meant that you know from seeing their stuff that all they do is flood fill and it will continue in their cc for ts3.  I wrote out my thought poorly.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

As for the "attitude problem", you must be thinking of someone else.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 10, 21:40:38 by missangelica » Logged

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: 2009 June 11, 01:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content which may be created through use of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties.

I'm wondering if they mean like EA and sites you go to get textures to put in the game, or the person making a new texture (and later new meshes).

I would imagine that TSR'sr EULA is overruled by EA's:

You hereby waive any moral rights of paternity, publication, reputation, or attribution under applicable law with respect to EA’s and other players’ use and enjoyment of such content contributions in connection with the Software."
(From a quote by rum nate. I don't have TS3, so I can't vouch for the accuracy of the quote.)

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: 2009 June 11, 03:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing about that line from the EULA is that it only is in the section talking about sharing content through the game launcher. We won't be sharing content through the launcher unless we upload to the exchange, so that is where it gets foggy. Does the EULA extend to all content created for the game, or just content shared through the launcher.

I foresee more fighting when it comes to what is against the EULA, stealing content from other creators, all that fun stuff.

Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1586 on: 2009 June 12, 17:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here was EA thinking that they had put this who silly paysite vs freesite debate to rest  Roll Eyes

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: 2009 June 12, 20:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing about that line from the EULA is that it only is in the section talking about sharing content through the game launcher. We won't be sharing content through the launcher unless we upload to the exchange, so that is where it gets foggy. Does the EULA extend to all content created for the game, or just content shared through the launcher.

I foresee more fighting when it comes to what is against the EULA, stealing content from other creators, all that fun stuff.
I would have thought EA would instruct their lawyers to write up something clear and unambiguous this time.  Maybe lawyers aren't capable of that?

falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: 2009 June 12, 22:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, I think they've been pretty clear about where they stand.

1) All our CC are belong to EA.
2) They're not going to stop CC creators from selling stuff because that would drive away fans.
3) They're not going to stop pirates from giving away pay CC because that would drive away fans.

If anything, their new EULA's just seem to make that clearer.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: 2009 June 13, 00:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I miss something? Where is the 2) and 3) said in the EULA?

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: