PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:34:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 806816 times)
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1185 on: 2009 April 12, 22:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fangirls Bibi while digging thru old CD's to find pics off all her gorgeous Sims 1 stuff...

I really miss the old days on your forum, especially that wicked, wicked humor of yours!   Tongue

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
Pooki
ARR!

Still Alive!

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: 2009 April 12, 22:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember having your stuff in my game too Bibi.  I just lurked in the community way back then.  Loved your stuff though, I remember lurking on your forum too. Smiley

Snarky's mine despite obvious complications.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1187 on: 2009 April 12, 22:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to use your stuff alot in my game too, was always so lovely.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: 2009 April 13, 01:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Delphy
You can see that the same person with the same browser
string as the attacker on MTS2 and TSR (since they where
attacked too), logged into your account on at least 3
separate occasions. No doubt during one of these your
password was reset.
How can he be sure it was done during those logins? Also, how can he be sure the ip and browserstring wasn't just planted there, and the password reset afterwards? When is the last time Wedgewoodblues logged in? Could it be that they just picked a rather inactive account so the owner couldn't be sure when the password was actually reset? Or is it in the logs that the password was changed a certain date?

Inactive
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: 2009 April 13, 02:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Delphy
You can see that the same person with the same browser
string as the attacker on MTS2 and TSR (since they where
attacked too), logged into your account on at least 3
separate occasions. No doubt during one of these your
password was reset.
How can he be sure it was done during those logins? Also, how can he be sure the ip and browserstring wasn't just planted there, and the password reset afterwards? When is the last time Wedgewoodblues logged in? Could it be that they just picked a rather inactive account so the owner couldn't be sure when the password was actually reset? Or is it in the logs that the password was changed a certain date?

I pm'd Delphy for the information, if he could get it. I know my account was hacked because for a few days I could not log into it at all. Their response (TSR) to me was that my account did not exist, but I knew that was wrong. At no time did TSR ever inform me that my account had been hacked, not when it happened, nor when it was exposed.
They didn't pick an inactive account, which is how I know when this happened.  I checked Delphy's information against the time this happened to me, and the dates are exact.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: 2009 April 13, 03:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes TSR is lying again (as always) but do you know of anyone who would want to annoy/attack you? You have proven that it's not just 'a few FA and staff accounts' that have been compromised.
If TSR had all or alot of user's account details stolen and those were sold to criminals, then wow. And yes that does happen, alot. TSR is a goldmine for people like that.

Inactive
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: 2009 April 13, 04:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wedgewoodblue Send this info to Coconut.  Proof that TSR lied about just FA accounts being hacked would be good to have up there.

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: 2009 April 13, 05:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No matter how you look at it, this is strange,
assuming the information was not planted:
- There's no motive for a hacker that's simply out to get user's personal information to login to a random account and change the password. Why would they bother?
- There's no motive for a hacker that really hates TSR and is hacking communties to make TSR look bad, to pick random TSR accounts to login to and compromise, except if they wanted someone to find out that TSR's security is shit. Also, WedgewoodBlue's account shouldn't be the only random account logged into and changed, to have a bigger chance of people finding out and bringing it out into the open.To be able to use that fact to embarass TSR months later would need alot of anticipation and planning on their part.
- There's no motive for TSR to use an ip with the same browser string as the hacker of simsecret to login to a random account like that, unless they want to make TSR's security look like shit on purpose later on, to use as an excuse for things they want to do/have been doing. If this is the case, there should be more instances of this happening. They would have to had counted on some of these people to notice and complain. This would also need alot of anticipation and planning on their part.

So what is more likely? Either way you look at it, someone has done some very elaborate planning to get some henious shit done.

Inactive
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: 2009 April 13, 07:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How possible is it that the non FA accounts that were hacked were for people who wouldn't kick up a fuss ie suspected pirates?  Usually if they get a notice that their account does not exist they assume they have been banned.  Didn't it mention somewhere that they could keep track of people who went there by clicking links from here?  On 21st feb I followed two links from here one for windkeeper and I can't remember the other but both times a connection was attempted to my computer as soon as I got to TSR.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: 2009 April 13, 07:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, I'm betting Delphy offered way more information than he should have.
That is what the information I've seen indicates, yes. Delphy basically said too much, and TSR was able to take what he had given them and spit out some more things to play into that. Not to mention TSR already knew what he had to begin with. Because Delphy provided that much information to the public, it became clear as to how TSR could spin this and who they could pin the blame on.

What has ruled out the explanation that the same person at TSR who accessed Buggybooz and Thomas's accounts at MTS2 just used the same proxy whilst wandering about TSR's completely browseable, unencrypted userfiles
Or maybe that Thomas was the one who provided the information, which, frankly, is a far simpler explanation than postulating the existence of a nefarious third party.

Like one would put a coat on to go outside if it were cold regardless of the destination, they proxy up before doing shady shit, regardless of what site they're fucking with?
Well, I do that, because I know exactly what information sites can collect.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 13, 23:17:46 by Pescado » Logged

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Nietzsche
Landlubber

I'm a bad, bad, disillusioned miscreant~ ;)

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: 2009 April 13, 22:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As Nouk said, there's no reason for a hacker to go into WedgewoodBlue's account without an ulterior motive. TSR is using tactics that used to be considered appropriate at /i/ boards, which is just inappropriate for a business.

SHAKESHAFT IS A THIEF!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: 2009 April 13, 23:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As Nouk said, there's no reason for a hacker to go into WedgewoodBlue's account without an ulterior motive. TSR is using tactics that used to be considered appropriate at /i/ boards, which is just inappropriate for a business.
TSR is using these tactics ineptly, at that. That's the sad thing. I know they're guilty of it because I know these sorts of tactics. TSR's implementation of them is amateurish and inept, exactly the kind of thing you'd expect from people who have no idea what they're doing.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
nihil
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: 2009 April 14, 00:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if anyone has posted this, but I found it interesting - especially since Anoeska said it TWO YEARS AGO:

Nietzsche
Landlubber

I'm a bad, bad, disillusioned miscreant~ ;)

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: 2009 April 14, 01:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR is using these tactics ineptly, at that. That's the sad thing. I know they're guilty of it because I know these sorts of tactics. TSR's implementation of them is amateurish and inept, exactly the kind of thing you'd expect from people who have no idea what they're doing.

The first thing that you always learn is to use popular free proxies so then you're harder to find. Gawd, I'd think that Thoma$$ would do his research. Roll Eyes

SHAKESHAFT IS A THIEF!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: 2009 April 14, 02:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first thing that you always learn is to use popular free proxies so then you're harder to find. Gawd, I'd think that Thoma$$ would do his research. Roll Eyes
Popular free proxies tend to be cripplingly obnoxious. I just yank proxies off the Internet or use jackboxen.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: