PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 19:09:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 817504 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1170 on: 2009 April 11, 16:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I could make whack-a-12 into a minigame, so that 12s can be shot on sight by any user, not just an admin, and the game will keep track of how many 12s you've shot.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: 2009 April 11, 17:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we use the same point system that we use when we try to run over them with a car???

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1172 on: 2009 April 11, 17:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we dump giant stacks of Hannah Montana CD's on them?  Undecided (admittedly they are not all bad- my niece is twelve and she is a mature kid for her age- but she is a bit of a anime/scifi/computer nerd which balances out the 12'ness)

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: 2009 April 12, 01:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure just how helpful this is, but....I found out that my account at TSR was also hacked into, once on the 9th of January and twice on the 2nd of February.

From Delphy: 
You can see that the same person with the same browser
string as the attacker on MTS2 and TSR (since they where
attacked too), logged into your account on at least 3
separate occasions. No doubt during one of these your
password was reset.

He provided me with this information after I pm'd him with my concerns. I haven't included the info he sent me as I don't know if that could be used to identify me at TSR.
He showed me the login stuffs.
However at NO time was I ever contacted by TSR to say my account had been compromised. What Delpy provided me with is proof that TSR does indeed lie without thought as to how their subscriber base is affected. I am NOT a submitter, nor creator of anything Sims2 related. I am merely a player of the game. Yet TSR claims that only a handful of accounts were affected and that they were FA accounts, if I recall correctly.

I have gone in and changed my password, but I am wondering if my account can still be accessed to hackers to use to cause further damage???

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: 2009 April 12, 03:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the "hacking" didn't just happen to FA accounts. By the sounds of it all accounts were vulnerable, but I think we all knew that anyway.  How many lies can people stomach before they turn away from that site.  I am still not convinced that TSR was hacked. I guess that may be something we will never know.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1175 on: 2009 April 12, 03:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At this point I would simply assume that anything Thomas and TSR say about the safety and security of their site is a lie- or a cover up-
" Thomas Says a Security Breach Happened." " Thomas Says they are Encrypting Peoples Information" Everything he has said thus far has been untruthful- so unless he demonstrates proof that passwords and personal information are now encrypted I would simply assume that your personal information in your TSR account is not safe changed password or no changed password-

After all the arse couldn't be bothered to inform most TSR members that the security of the site had been breached why should he start being careful with private info now? (e.g when your site is hacked you don't just inform the holders of the accounts you " THINK" were hacked you inform everyone that their information may have been revealed so that passwords can be changed etc - like Delphy did when Buggybooz account was hacked- not ignore it and hope it will go way (if it really happened at all) and only tell the FA's cause you deem their credit card and paypal info more valuable than everyone elses personal info.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: 2009 April 12, 03:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately I do not understand all the technical stuff when it comes to computers and the internet. What bothers me about it is that I have no idea what this hacker did with my account while he/she had access.

The fact that I was never contacted by TSR infuriates me. Obviously they have been taking classes form EA on how to disregard your customer base. I worry about what the hacker got from my account.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1177 on: 2009 April 12, 06:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WedgewoodBlue, just out of curiosity, how did you find out that your TSR account had been compromised.

ETA:
Not because I'm suspicious of what you're saying. Just because I'd like to check my own account.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 12, 07:03:19 by Moune » Logged

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: 2009 April 12, 06:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From Delphy: 
You can see that the same person with the same browser
string as the attacker on MTS2 and TSR (since they where
attacked too), logged into your account on at least 3
separate occasions. No doubt during one of these your
password was reset.
This is obviously pure fabrication that TSR has fed Delphy to cover up what they really did there. After all, they already know all this, so it doesn't hurt at all to regurgitate it back at Delphy, and if they can implicate a few users they have already banned already, why not?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
GoddessByline
Landlubber

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: 2009 April 12, 14:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm late to arriwe to this discussion since I've been more or less MIA for the past 1½ year, but I've been waiting since late 2002 to say this... I TOLD YOU SO, TSR ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED CONSIDERING THE PEOPLE WHO're IN CHARGE THERE!!!
(People who've been as long as I have in the community knows to what I'm referring. As for the rest who don't know why I'm gloating, just ignor my post because I'm in no mood to reiterate.)

Also, congratulations to Buggybooz, because she and Delpy manged to to accomplish what I and other creators never could, to get their stuff taken down from TSR. They haven't gotten an appology though, but at least they've gotten a small victory. The most important thing though, is that the community start to realise what lengths the people behind TSR are willing to go to to destroy the free community so they can achieve monopoly, and that is indeed a victory.

Now I'll go back ro lurk mode.

Remember to always be yourself... Unless you suck.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: 2009 April 12, 14:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, I'm not saying I don't believe you, but could you please explain how you came to this conclusion?  (I want you to be right, I just need some more evidence to be satisfied.)

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: 2009 April 12, 15:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WEll I almost had enough koodies for a free day but my koodies are now gone. Not sure if it was because I was a bad girl and thomass stole them back or what. I changed all my passwords again to be sure.  Took me a long time to get koodies, a lot of thanking people for crap.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1182 on: 2009 April 12, 17:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure about Pescado's reasoning, but here's mine.  They've shared enough information to portray themselves as horribly incompetant victims.  Letting on that they have unencrypted passwords AND a security breach that they kept secret from their customers is such a bad light to put a supposedly professional business in, I believe it's got to be the best show they could make out of the evidence they knew Delphy had.  Even being utter moronic victims is better than being seen as utter moronic criminals.

If they could have spun it better than that, they would have.  As it is, I think it's a pretty good twist, if they've managed to get people to believe it.

Unfortunately, I'm betting Delphy offered way more information than he should have.  Probably there was more than enough offered here in this thread to get them started on this defense.  You generally do not let the accused participate in their investigations, for good reason!

What has ruled out the explanation that the same person at TSR who accessed Buggybooz and Thomas's accounts at MTS2 just used the same proxy whilst wandering about TSR's completely browseable, unencrypted userfiles?  Like one would put a coat on to go outside if it were cold regardless of the destination, they proxy up before doing shady shit, regardless of what site they're fucking with?
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1183 on: 2009 April 12, 18:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(People who've been as long as I have in the community knows to what I'm referring. As for the rest who don't know why I'm gloating, just ignor my post because I'm in no mood to reiterate.)

Well, could somebody else explain then, please? I have been in the community that long, but I'm not sure I know what you're referring to.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1184 on: 2009 April 12, 18:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm late to arriwe to this discussion since I've been more or less MIA for the past 1½ year, but I've been waiting since late 2002 to say this... I TOLD YOU SO, TSR ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED CONSIDERING THE PEOPLE WHO're IN CHARGE THERE!!!

Also, congratulations to Buggybooz, because she and Delpy manged to to accomplish what I and other creators never could, to get their stuff taken down from TSR. They haven't gotten an appology though, but at least they've gotten a small victory. The most important thing though, is that the community start to realise what lengths the people behind TSR are willing to go to to destroy the free community so they can achieve monopoly, and that is indeed a victory.

Now I'll go back ro lurk mode.

Bibi!!! Kiss I'm so glad to see you back Smiley Hope all has been well with you. *BIG Hugs*

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: