PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:34:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 807156 times)
neo-patriot
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #930 on: 2009 April 06, 21:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dstar, I tried to pm you but your box is full. I'll try again later.
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: 2009 April 06, 21:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because that would take real effort on their part and would require them to leave the comforts of their nicely padded computer chairs... Cheesy

Also, I'm pretty sure that a real job generally wouldn't make as much money as some of the paysites make, depending what the job is. Didn't Peggy or somebody take a vacation based completely off money generated from her paysite? Anyway, the point is that for many of them, they are making more money than they ever could in an honest profession.

I sing along with elevator music.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: 2009 April 06, 21:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I'm pretty sure that a real job generally wouldn't make as much money as some of the paysites make, depending what the job is. Didn't Peggy or somebody take a vacation based completely off money generated from her paysite? Anyway, the point is that for many of them, they are making more money than they ever could in an honest profession.

Not many.  TSR has been able to convince a lot of paysites to close down and go to them.  And we've heard two figures tossed out.  One was a 300 dollar a month limit, the other was a 500 dollar a month figure that (ironically) Shakeshaft was getting.  And supposedly the prices vary by individual.   While 500 dollars a month ain't chicken feed, it's also not enough to really support yourself.  However, if you had a spouse / parent supporting you, 300 dollars a month is pretty good for pocket change, doing a hobby. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #933 on: 2009 April 06, 22:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dstar, I tried to pm you but your box is full. I'll try again later.

OT: All emptied now is there a problem- The lot is not exact there were just some things that did not work out like the triangular glass- just PM me and I will get back to you.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: 2009 April 06, 23:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could use the extra buck, but left a certain site when they decided to go pay site. Luckily for them they changed back to free.  I could never charge people for my creations.  It is a hobby, and one I enjoy sharing---mine are for the pure challenge of it!

So no one really gets in trouble for all this mess. EA couldn't care less, and can't be bothered after selling the games. And their customer service sucks rocks as well! So I doubt TSR could really be charged with anything for doing this stuff! And they have EA on their side anyways!

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: 2009 April 07, 03:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not think FA's roll in the money but like Darstar said, it is nice money for a hobby. I know many crafts people who sit and make things by hand all year long to earn 500 dollars from their hobby.  For me to earn 500 dollar I have to work  around 40 hours serving coffee in a very busy store.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #936 on: 2009 April 07, 04:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I find HugeLunatic's replacement items for the Mutske Ikea stuff?  Would like to do some cleansing of my own...  heh.

You may find me here and here.  But I have no idea how mine compares to Mutske, since I have no pay content in my game.  Thank you dstar. 

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
Cheesy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: 2009 April 07, 04:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Say what?! The Featured Artists earn up to 500 bucks per month?

That's a bit more than my monthly salary, for working 40 hours a week as a Special Education Teacher.

This makes me wonder how much does TSR earn from their activities.
I know Thomass salary is high enough to afford a new house, but I suspect the total earnings fof that site must be much higher than what I imagine.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: 2009 April 07, 04:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a bit more than my monthly salary, for working 40 hours a week as a Special Education Teacher.

I'd guess you're not American then. That brings up a good point, though; in some countries, 500 American dollars a month would be an extremely good salary. What we'd make with a badly paid part-time job is a real living wage to some people who live where American dollars buy a lot more than they do in the U.S.

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: 2009 April 07, 04:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This makes me wonder how much does TSR earn from their activities.
I know Thomass salary is high enough to afford a new house, but I suspect the total earnings fof that site must be much higher than what I imagine.

Some one did some math a while back (it was a lot of estimation, because we don't have all the numbers), but they figured that TSR has made over $1million in the past 4 years alone. That doesn't count what they got pre-2005 or post-October 2008. But I think the person's final number came to like $1.3million or something like that for the past 4 years.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: 2009 April 07, 04:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd guess you're not American then. That brings up a good point, though; in some countries, 500 American dollars a month would be an extremely good salary. What we'd make with a badly paid part-time job is a real living wage to some people who live where American dollars buy a lot more than they do in the U.S.
That's my shopping secrets right there. Buy from foreign countries where stuff is cheap! Tongue

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: 2009 April 07, 07:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR probably earned as much as they did because they were given an unfair advantage over the community (not sure if monopoly could rightly be used here).  While honest people and people who weren't so sure were contacting EA to clarify the situation EA was sending back emails claiming paysites are illegal, meanwhile, TSR thrived under the guise of subscription site, while advertising themselves as a freesite here, there and everywhere. They are hoping that this new situation will be brushed under the carpet,  they are using the same tactics on their members as they use here when they visit, under the assumption that sims 2 players have the attention span of gnats, they launched the booty competition, and a brand new newsletter, to divert them.
CortoMaltese
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: 2009 April 07, 07:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it a wonder or a compromise? The files are really taken away from TSR (but how long Wink ?)

Could it be possible, that no one of the TSR head spoke to Shakeshaft about the theft? It's a bit curius that Steve didn't knew all files!!!
Originally Posted by Steve, via email
Thanks for the list.. some sets we didn't know those items were in.

All removed and page cache's cleared.

Hey, if I'm a thief and my boss is asking "What have you stolen?", I would say "Here, these are the stolen things". But they let Delphy and the MTS2 stuff did the work of searching....

And a little idea: The sets are still avaible here at the booty - shouldn't they be deleted here too? But not complete - only the download zip/rar. And the filenames should be attached with a note like "stolen content" - so everyone will remember!

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: www.tsrcoconut.info
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #943 on: 2009 April 07, 13:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I find HugeLunatic's replacement items for the Mutske Ikea stuff?  Would like to do some cleansing of my own...  heh.

You may find me here and here.  But I have no idea how mine compares to Mutske, since I have no pay content in my game.  Thank you dstar. 

You're welcome- I have just finished playing yours in game- The texture is much more attractive and it is much mroe detailed -You also seem to be working on pieces that are actually a  part of the Ikea product line which is the sort of thing that I would call a " Completer Set" Mutske has good work (for a paysite artist) but  much like Spaik and Shakeshaft, and MsBarrows assumes that a completer set means making whatever the heck they feel like making. You put care and research into making the complete sets as do some of the other artists at Mod the Sims like Alias, FWay and Leeester who make the stuff in sets that EA forgot to include in the SP's amd EP's - You've also said that you make what you want to use in your own game- I don't think that the Completer set creators at TSR even play their games anymore-That is one of  the  big differences between paysites and freesites- Yes you can find just as many ugly re-colors of the same dresses if that is what floats your boat but, the good creators on freesites still play the game and use their own stuff in game and actually care enough to do the research etc on a type of furniture, or historic period. You care - she doesn't and it shows- Now this is a little off topic and probably belongs in the Paysite vs Free thread - So before I get blasted back to TSR crud.

While it may be worth it to some FA's who live and work in countries where $500 dollars a month is a good paycheck- There are many many FA's from the United Kingdom and the U.S - I don't know about what the minimum wage is in the U.K but in the U.S. that is below minimum wage given how much work it takes to even make a crappy set work at all (forget about well), it doesn't even meet the lowest minimum wage requirement of 4.50 USD per hour which is the rate in some Southern States. Where I am the minimum is 7$ USD per hour - I wouldn't even open the game to build a starter lot for that - if I was the sort to take money for my work rather than handing them out like candy at Halloween.
 There are plenty of online jobs out there if you want to stay at home with the kids, or are disabled- anything from working on mass mailings for big companies, to working as an answering service , to copy-editing journal articles and business reports for business and academic professionals- I work doing this and freelance writing as I live in a very rural area with very few actual on site jobs. There are plenty of things that they could do at home that would not take them from their kids that would pay as much or more than TSR that really don't require much skill at all. I make around 12 USD per hour and average about 3000 per month and I don't even really work that hard. My work consists of putting commas and question marks where they go- not hard, not labor intensive and I get to work in my pjs so stuff is out there- even if they wanted to continue getting paid for their " Art"
« Last Edit: 2009 April 07, 13:39:53 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: 2009 April 07, 14:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR thrived under the guise of subscription site, while advertising themselves as a freesite here, there and everywhere.

In a way, that's exactly what they were.  I'm not going say TSR used to be cool, but when they first went pay, it worked like this, everything was available at any time if you had a paid subscription. If you had a free subscription, only a certain amount, which rotated every week or so.  So, TSR could very well have claimed that no, you're not buying the items, you're buying the privilege of being able to download whatever you want, whenever you want.  Granted, now more stuff is free all the time, but the way it was, everything eventually would be free.  You might have to wait for years before they got around to freeing the items you wanted, but FA/SA/Everyone elses stuff eventually would be free for a limited time.

Again, I'm not sticking up for TSR, but to be honest?  If they still ran on the old system, I'd have a hard time thinking of them as a pure paysite.  It wouldn't excuse them sharing paypal information, it wouldn't excuse FA's stealing work. I still would feel that paying FA's was wrong, but I'd have a hard time feeling it was okay for them to be in the booty. 

Which reminds me, wasn't there a site that would put up a "donation set," for a couple months, then make it free?  If so, were their donation sets in the booty?  I'm just curious. 

Edit reason: Clarification.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: