PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 19:01:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816802 times)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #885 on: 2009 April 05, 14:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from:  Quorneater
Maybe a pirate theme was not the best to choose for the PMBD movement.  Piracy really refers to people who steal stuff they should have paid for (eg ripped off commercial software).

Wouldn't a Robin Hood theme have been less confusing?

I do have to admit that every time there's a news story about a cruise ship getting jacked I sort of cringe. But, despite that, I also realize that there's also the more alluring side of pirate lore, and I think that's the side that Pescado has tapped into. A lot of people can relate to and have fun with pirate themes (I'm pretty certain more people probably dress as pirates on Halloween than, say, TSR FA's) not to mention how Hollywood has popularized pirates. 

Besides, Pescado and his band of Merry Men? -  Cheesy
raebchen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 2009 April 05, 15:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from:  Quorneater
Maybe a pirate theme was not the best to choose for the PMBD movement.  Piracy really refers to people who steal stuff they should have paid for (eg ripped off commercial software).

Wouldn't a Robin Hood theme have been less confusing?

I do have to admit that every time there's a news story about a cruise ship getting jacked I sort of cringe. But, despite that, I also realize that there's also the more alluring side of pirate lore, and I think that's the side that Pescado has tapped into. A lot of people can relate to and have fun with pirate themes (I'm pretty certain more people probably dress as pirates on Halloween than, say, TSR FA's) not to mention how Hollywood has popularized pirates. 

Besides, Pescado and his band of Merry Men? -  Cheesy

Dressing up as a TSR FA would truly be one scary Halloween costume. Just imagine them coming to your house now, begging for shit from you (not like that's anything new - the begging part)?

Official member of the "army of disillusioned miscreants" and proud of it! *waves at Thomass*
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: 2009 April 05, 15:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pirates have been in the news a lot lately. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies haven't hurt, plus there was a lawsuit recently involving a website called "Pirate Bay" I believe. And as Snarky said, the boat attacks with both cruise ships and commercial shipping in the Pacific.

I'll post my games picture in a bit. Need to do yard work first.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: 2009 April 05, 15:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR is obsessed with pirates.  Had a whole theme going a while back.  There's a fetric muckton of pirate-related stuff on that site.  Are they not having a (pirate) booty hunt going on right now?

My nieces play 'Pirates!', with eyepatches and cardboard cutlasses.  I suppose they're filthy thieves too.  They're both six in Pescado years.

*will be posting pics of my purchased games also - still have legible receipts for the last three*

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Grotesque Sharonicle
Landlubber

My Preciooooooouuusss

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: 2009 April 05, 16:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha... I wonder if ThomAss's would yell or totally freak out his nieces/children to tears if he'd ever see them putting on hats and patches and playing pirates.  Sad
I kind of pity the kids if that ever happens though. They don' t even know what's all this about.

On the other hand... If he ever tells his kids about his 'work' and us, he probably tells them we eat unicorns and killed Spunge Bob. Not to talk about how we violated Big Bird. Uhh... Tom Tom Jr.s probably hate us  Sad .

P.s. does anyone actually know who Pescado is? Or all we know is that he lives on a skull shaped island?

Anothar Newb!Oh naaaaaaaaaaay...

+++ Very ghost-alike due to school +++
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 2009 April 05, 18:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering the part of the world I am from, I would be more of a Viking meself Wink

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
ChaosInAMinor
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 2009 April 05, 18:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a good ol' Barbary Coast girl, myself.

I wanna live 'til I die, no more, no less.
-Eddie Izzard
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 2009 April 05, 18:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blackbeard sailed near where I live and was even held in prison briefly 45 minutes from here. But me personally, I take "Captain Blood" and Jack Sparrow any day.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Nietzsche
Landlubber

I'm a bad, bad, disillusioned miscreant~ ;)

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: 2009 April 05, 19:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blackbeard's head was on a post near where I live, so pirates FTW!

SHAKESHAFT IS A THIEF!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: 2009 April 05, 19:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With my heritage, I could be plain English pirate or Viking, so meh. And for some reason, Pescado and his band of grumpy minions doesn't sound very good as a calling card... But it does beat the name Pillaging Players. Maybe. But not by much. I think. Cheesy Sorry, my brain isn't all here today, no coffee got made this morning.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Chelsea
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: 2009 April 05, 19:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I live two miles from the ocean, in Florida, plus I live on the Treasure Coast. They call it that because we have like tons of treasure from sunken ships in the ocean around us and in some places, like Vero Beach, I believe, under the sand. So yeah, arg.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 05, 19:56:19 by LovelyChelsea » Logged

Number Two: They are mutated sea bass.
Dr. Evil: Really? Are they ill tempered?
Number Two: Absolutely.
Dr. Evil: Oh well, that's a start.
Julia-Treasure
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: 2009 April 06, 03:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what is this please? http://www.thesimsresource.com/news/view-post/post/10760/Treasure%20Hunt%20Competition%21

I
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 2009 April 06, 03:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you back up a couple pages, we've been talking about this.

What happened to your post? It seems you were interrupted or something and didn't finish your thought.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #898 on: 2009 April 06, 03:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yes, TSR is more obsessed with pirate stuff, I think because they are obsessed with -us-.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Julia-Treasure
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: 2009 April 06, 04:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you back up a couple pages, we've been talking about this.

What happened to your post? It seems you were interrupted or something and didn't finish your thought.
Lol, actually the "I" was not my intention, I did not notice that - until now.^^

I found these articles because a member (Udon'tknow) from our german forum moved from MTS to TSR. And that pissed me off, so I wanted to see her profile at TSR and found the article from April 1th...
And in the Article TSR said that they're invited to EA events and were wholeheartedly supported by them, is that true?
Even if it is, I would never pay for their stuff...
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: