PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:47:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 806801 times)
raebchen
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #255 on: 2009 March 31, 06:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posting the links would help get the simmers who have not heard of paysite debate/PMBD over here, but we really don't want an influx of 12's. It would probably be safer to direct them Garden of Shadows since they just as acidic to TSR as we are, but can be concealed better. My whole point with what you quoted though, is that if your currently paying to download from TSR, instead of doing something dumb and getting banned, help out with the cause. Booty isn't free ya know.  Wink

I guess you're right about the 12's, it was just a thought I had after seeing some posts over at TSR with links to serveral places, including the the phorum.

Fake Edit: I just posted something similar over at the BPS, after seeing some people stating they canceled their sub.

Official member of the "army of disillusioned miscreants" and proud of it! *waves at Thomass*
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: 2009 March 31, 07:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, my point was (as I'm sure has been stated to death on other forums about this) WHY are TSR determined to be such tools?

Subs are dropping, and they think they're being clever. Plus, they have to put paid to this stuff before Sims 3 or they might lose more money.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Axeleefe
ARR!

This Chair be high, Says I

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2009 March 31, 07:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, my point was (as I'm sure has been stated to death on other forums about this) WHY are TSR determined to be such tools?

Subs are dropping, and they think they're being clever. Plus, they have to put paid to this stuff before Sims 3 or they might lose more money.

So the entire argument, the whole 'YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP!' hacking incident can be boiled down to them wanting to make, what? a couple of extra dollars?  Huh Seems like their dream world is falling apart and they want to take everyone else down with them.

Undecided Incredibly sad.

(Also Hi Cala! Cheesy )
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2009 March 31, 07:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, now, it's been quite some time since I blew up on a troll that bad, I've behaved myself rather well.

Yes, it has made me sad. I was happy to see you on a good old-fashioned rampage once again.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2009 March 31, 08:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to do this for awhile but never got around to it. Here is your new title, Pottymouth Paden. Tongue

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
vexed
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: 2009 March 31, 09:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might be related, might not, might even be a wacky coincidence, but The Sporum has been apparently been hacked (which is one of the forums where this has been discussed).

Linking because it's a massive pic, and shrinking it makes it impossible to read.

Visit Vexation Nation!

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you’re not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
–Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings, ASoIaF
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2009 March 31, 09:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unrelated: That's just the usual kiddy shit that happens on the net all the time. The Sporum isn't even a Sims site, it's like a failed Splotch site. TSR sending people to hack THAT would be like shooting a sinking ship. It is not relevant to our interests. Tell Twain to fix his crappy site more often. Tongue Also, all Veckis suck.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
vexed
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: 2009 March 31, 09:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who is this Vecki of which you speak? Cheesy

I figured it most likely was a coincidence, but the timing just seemed eerie.

Visit Vexation Nation!

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you’re not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
–Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings, ASoIaF
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2009 March 31, 09:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After that garbage that Prism went through a few months back, Trey has my sympathy with the Sporum. No matter how big or small, no site deserves to be hacked..

On the subject of Thomas, words fail me. Huh I'm not even sure what he thought he would gain  Huh *confused*

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009 March 31, 10:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After that garbage that Prism went through a few months back, Trey has my sympathy with the Sporum. No matter how big or small, no site deserves to be hacked..
Lies and falseness! TSR totally deserves it, as does EAxis, and if the Turks get them, I will lol!

Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2009 March 31, 10:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*chuckling* Grin Ah Pescado, thank you for making me laugh.. I think that's a fly on the wall I'd love to be on. I remember reading something about the mongrel who hacked us, he got interviewed by some journalist and he's going on about some crap of being a social engineer.. I'm reading this right as we'd gotten hacked and I am turning the air blue at that point..  Wink

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009 March 31, 10:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still 2 pages back but I thought I'd answer some stuff.

Nouk is making assumptions based on what I said, specifically that TSR had a security *breach* 3 months ago.  This is incorrect.  In actuality, any vulnerabilities existed before then and 3 months was when they allegedly fixed it

In other words, it sets up a scenario that they had problems with the security of the accounts and that anything prior to 3 months ago could have been compromised.  But for me it still leaves questions about why whoever did this waited till now - months later - to do this attack on MTS2.  Not many people know how much information we log, and didn't before yesterday, so I really don't think that whoever did this really thought it would go public.  I suspect it was more simply a way to make buggybooz look bad and to try and discredit her, rather than any specific attack against MTS2 as a whole.  So then it all goes back to timings - who knew about the stolen content, and who would have the motivation and technical knowledge to pull this off?
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2009 March 31, 11:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR, anyone and their dog, because this wasn't a technical attack. Also, profile entirely matches Thomas@TSR and his attempt to play stealthy buggers with proxycondomns and failing at SimSecret.

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: 2009 March 31, 12:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think TSR is in deep shit- financially maybe cause the economy is shit - maybe just cause they're asshats - but , the dear little FA's and all the cute little SA"s with their fluffy puffy wittle cheeks have submitted shit in the last month or so- it used to be you would see at least 15 sets per day  from FA"s and SA's  alone now if one is unlucky one sees 2-3 sets per day - also a lot of them who didn't x-post to free sites before are bailing ship and doing. People really have slowed down on the downloading just since I received my account (gift, don't ask) , they post the daily download stats and they keep going down and down and down - so funny - of course given that half the items are recolors and lots  that my 12 year old niece can do better it is to be expected

There are two possible explanations for this 

TSR is being abandoned like the sinking ship it is before Sims 3 comes out since (I'd suspect many don't believe the bs that EA will release good tools for creating CC to TSR, like they really  did last time {snerk}), and get the idea that if anyone creates content tools for Sims 3 it will be modders/programmers at MATY, Insim, MTS2, and Simbology rather than anyone at TSR since even the most gifted amongst the FA"s there can barely manage default paintings or baby bottles forget about programs like CEP or SimPE- They all know that free content site creators/programmers will be the first to come up with a way to get new stuff into the game with rr without EA's support.

Of course the more sinister and logical reason is that  FA's  who left in the last month or two are abandoning the site  in order to steal other people's shit on free sites.

Option two makes more sense to me- it seems to be more the mentality at TSR and EA these days - I love the game but will laugh my ass off (I wish that really friggin worked) when Sims 3 flops around in the dust cause we are sick of unethical corporate bullshit like invasion of privacy, condoning shit that goes against ones own EULA, and not listening to the people who actually play the game. I would actually like to take a count in the Artists Area at TSR of how many creators state in their blogs- "I have stopped playing to create full time"

I can't spell for shit today
« Last Edit: 2009 March 31, 13:16:39 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
eternal_darkness
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2009 March 31, 13:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe this man considers himself an adult male. This is pre-adolescent female queen bee behavior, or the behavior of a middle aged woman who was picked on by the queen bee. If you have a problem with someone, it should be discussed in a civil manner; Doing petty things behind the scene is childish and stupid.

The World Will Look Up and Shout, “Save Us!” And I’ll Look Down and Whisper, “No.”
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: