PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:41:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552710 times)
millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #1605 on: 2009 August 14, 23:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The question is, do they properly bin their hairs now.  I have this vague recollection of tormenting myself by binning the XMSims hairs I just couldn't live without when I tried to purge all pay stuff from my game last year (a plan which did not go as well as I'd hoped BTW).  And I seem to recall I can never find them in the booty (again vague memory from last year).

Great find on the RandomNoir dress.  Adorable.

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: 2009 August 14, 23:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no binning hairs for sims 3, the system is way more simple: all the colors are hex numbers passed on to the kids (Sims 3 vanilla: a kid will have either his mom or his dad's exact color for each part of the hair: roots, tips and main color is picked randomly from mom or dad, hence some funny pics of rainbows kidz). So no binning problems anymore and that is a huge relief ^^

Pes is trying to correct this, i.e. blend both parents colors together for the hairs and skins but he's too busy with the storymode.
Edited for typo.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 14, 23:49:24 by Dr House » Logged

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1607 on: 2009 August 14, 23:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

XMSims -Sims 2 hairs are still not binned but binning is a non-issue for TS3- it is either enabled for a specific age, or it is not and colors don't really matter because of the color wheel. XM's TS3 hair so far is horribly high poly though- as much as 18000 poly's for one of the hairs they posted today. There are a few hairs that I like from them but the Poly Count makes downloading them not worth it-even if they had finished releasing all of their donation packs for TS1 and TS2 and were now totally free.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: 2009 August 14, 23:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

XM's TS3 hai so far is horribly high poly though- as much as 18000 poly's for one of the hairs they posted today.
Eeeek! Do you mean the XMS3-FloraHair009? Ah crap, that's way too much.

Edit: nm, I remembered she puts the polys on her site, it's the eighth one that blast the polys roof.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 14, 23:51:29 by Dr House » Logged

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1609 on: 2009 August 15, 00:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it is due to inexperience converting hair for TS3- I don't remember their TS2 hairs ever being that high. For right now there are 5 creators I am sticking to for TS3 hairs, hair edits, and hair conversions, Oepu, HystericalParoxsysm, Aikea Guinea, Nandonalt, and Kristen Thyme over at MATY. There hairs are all reasonable poly, and they all do pretty well in terms of meshing the hair- no noticeable gaps, flows right, looks good on fat Sims. A lot of the other hair conversions especially those on paysites are high poly and crappy. It is something when inexperienced ( I never heard of Kristen Thyme, or Nandonalt before TS3, Aikea Guinea only did a few hairs for TS2, and Oepu mostly did Maxis Match clothing - not really hair at all) creators do a better job and fixing borked to begin with TS2 meshes and editing them and converting them than creators who have been creating hair for TS2 for years.

Dr House
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: 2009 August 15, 00:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember a Peggy sims 2 bob (perfectly round) hitting that value.

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1611 on: 2009 August 15, 00:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember Peggy, Raon and Rose all hitting that high a Poly County but I don't really ever remember XM Sims going that high- the highest I found -just now when I went to their TS2 hairs was around 14000 Poly's total which is still high but that was one of their Asian hairstyles with all of the detailed hair decorations as well. Most of their TS2 stuff was around 8,000 Poly's altogether. That is why I am just staying away- even though they are totally free for TS3 so far.

millahnna
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1612 on: 2009 August 15, 00:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah thanks for the info on the Sims 3 method; I'll be waiting until at least an EP or two is out before I make the switch but the color wheel thing sounds interesting for variety.  I don't understand why they can't be bothered to bin their Sims 2 hairs.  I haven't launched the program again since my recent reinstall (still trouble shooting SimsPE and the WTF editor) but I seem to recall the Wardrobe Wrangler being ridiculously easy to use for that (my longstanding eyebrow woes notwithstanding).  Yet another reason why freesite pwns paysite crap in this case.

"I always look like a heart floating in a jar of formaldehyde when I go swimming. Always. I make a point of it. Doesn't everybody?"  -- HeyBubbe
lkandak
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: 2009 August 17, 22:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Liana, XM Sims and Peggy are all pay ilkandak. You are supposed to post  pay content compared to FREE content on FREE SITEs. For instance the look alike Peggy and XMSims hair compared to this conversion of Agustin's 100% Free Modern Ponytail Hair http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=359375

Similar hairs, but Nandonalt/Agustin's hair is free, as is everything on MTS- XMSims is pay - they have donation packs. Donation Pack=Pay

For Lianaa, Peggy and AnnaMaria's items. This is a more appropriate free Comparison . RandomNoir's Simplicity Dresses http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=362376

Similar dress design though RandomNoir's dress has more recolorable parts. Randomnoir's textures are also much better and she does not use Screaming Bright Colors for her base dress color.

XMSims has actually released two more donation packs since March. One was clothing and the other was their Futon Set. They are
getting to free - very, very, very slowly.

Sorry! I didn't know! I took my post away... Wink
Vkitty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: 2009 August 18, 00:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These flat floodfill tights at T$R:

VS
These pretty and well shaded tights at MTS

(^ click the photo for the link)

"It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over"
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: 2009 August 18, 00:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No fair, I want those for TS 2!! *pouts* Mean...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
rapture
ARR!

batman geek

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: 2009 September 11, 22:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bleh! Those first tights look like they painted themselves!  Undecided And the black and white one just looks stupid.

Hope this isn't necro'ing..  Wink

I don't know if this has been posted, but here's my contribution. These are in-game shots by the way. I changed the hair and clothes but the face is still the same.

Chaz@T$R's reeeeally CREEPY (and not in the good way) and unnatural Zachary Quinto (as Sylar):

VS

Hale@LL30's cutie maxis-match Zachary Quinto (as Sylar):

Sims LJ

But how did one make a horse go?
"...Giddyap?"
Juni
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: 2009 September 20, 08:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope I'm not repeating something that has already been posted, but-

T$R Orlando Bloom (by Chaz)- http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims2-sims-male-adult/title/Orlando%20Bloom/id/437182/

v/s

the MTS version which I was almost afraid to include in my game!!- http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=194627

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them as much"
-Oscar Wilde
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: 2009 September 20, 14:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the MTS version is pure win.
Imagine putting blond hair and blue eyes on Chaz's version. That would not be Legolas at all. Hell, even his "basic", brown-haired version doesn't look like the actor. But again, no surprise. It's Chaz.

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
Juni
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: 2009 September 20, 17:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I suppose nothing beats Chaz's Audrey Hepburn(!!) so this was merely mediocre!

"Always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them as much"
-Oscar Wilde
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: