PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:48:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 552919 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #1290 on: 2009 February 05, 16:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reflex forum too busy sucking tsr dick to notice in time, I think.

Reflex is free as the next freesite you know - and they host a lot of free content, unconnected with Reflexsims the paysite.  They have been very receptive to the whole coconut thing - very receptive - here and Reflex are the only places I currently update.   They have a lot of subscribers (the people who really needed to know this stuff) who read coconut's blog with an open mind.  They even expressed sorrow that someone tried to "out" (because there's no part of me that's in - srsly) as a pirate, and tarnish my reputation with that.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: 2009 February 05, 16:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reflex forum too busy sucking tsr dick to notice in time, I think.

Reflex is free as the next freesite you know - and they host a lot of free content, unconnected with Reflexsims the paysite.  They have been very receptive to the whole coconut thing - very receptive - here and Reflex are the only places I currently update.   They have a lot of subscribers (the people who really needed to know this stuff) who read coconut's blog with an open mind.  They even expressed sorrow that someone tried to "out" (because there's no part of me that's in - srsly) as a pirate, and tarnish my reputation with that.

Oh, I'm aware of that. I visit the boards now and then. And the recolor contest was nice. I just think that promoting tsr reflects badly on them, as well as making for badDONOTWANT updates. I have no clue what's going on on TSR. who's popular, and such. So I can't really say that their reporting on TSR items are fresh off the assembly line. But their reporting on free stuff is stale as a result, regardless.

WNF http://wickednoukfamily.com/forums/index.php?c=4
Superior updates. Period.

While I'm at it, Spring4sims can suck it, too!
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1292 on: 2009 February 05, 16:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just think that promoting tsr reflects badly on them, as well as making for badDONOTWANT updates. I have no clue what's going on on TSR. who's popular, and such. So I can't really say that their reporting on TSR items are fresh off the assembly line. But their reporting on free stuff is stale as a result, regardless.

It's not about who is the superior free site with updates.  This isn't a forum where freesite bashing is cool - it's in the FAQ.  You can express sadness that they choose to update TSR stuff, but lay off them.  I mean do you want to turn the situation from friendly with TSR and pirates to just friendly with TSR? Will that help paysites end?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: 2009 February 05, 19:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I'm at it, Spring4sims can suck it, too!

I'm not following you. AFAIK, Spring4Sims is just a finds site. They don't have any content on it.

I sing along with elevator music.
chemistrycourtney
Pirate

Perhaps I have.... a concordance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1294 on: 2009 February 05, 19:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see the issue with spring4sims either.  It's updated with new content, and it is just a list.  It's clear and straightforward though.   That's what I look for in a finds list.  Clear, straightforward content that looks nice and is easy to find.  Seems like spring4sims managed that pretty well, actually. 

Playing in the GIMP is my favorite thing.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1295 on: 2009 February 05, 20:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it does look a little biased towards certain sites.  But if its a free site who cares?

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: 2009 February 05, 22:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it does look a little biased towards certain sites.  But if its a free site who cares?
A personal grudge, nothing more. Seeing as PMBD is not a place to air out personal dislikes, I'll save that for a blog or something Lips sealed
You can express sadness that they choose to update TSR stuff, but lay off them.  I mean do you want to turn the situation from friendly with TSR and pirates to just friendly with TSR? Will that help paysites end?
Good point. Saddened yes. Hostile no.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: 2009 February 09, 01:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so we have this paysite school from TSR:

And then we have this beautiful school from Garden of Shadows. I love this place, and I have only walked through it once. It has to be the best school for the sims there is.

This one picture does is no justice, you have to go look at it, and even the pictures of it there don't do it full justice, you have to actually look at it in game to fully appreciate it.

http://www.digitalperversion.net/gardenofshadows/index.php?topic=9974.0

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
eefje
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: 2009 February 09, 21:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kibanana/Cassandre is a woman I'm pretty sure. Also, unfortunately Reflex has quite a few TSR people who post there as well, so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Edited because I can haz spellcheck!

Cassandre has actually really quit tsr, at least that's what she said at RSF.

Also, sorry to intefere in the conversation, please carry on.
aeris
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: 2009 February 09, 22:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cassandre has actually really quit tsr, at least that's what she said at RSF.

Also, sorry to intefere in the conversation, please carry on.

I just checked,she also said that at TSR.I do wonder why she left,but...who cares?

Now look at this fugly "chandelier" by Dot.

And this magnificent one, by Simarchitect@MTS2 (looks as good in game as it does in the picture!)

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=317492

loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding x guilt x shame x failure x judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side
vexed
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1300 on: 2009 February 09, 23:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate you.  And love you.  I've been looking for a decent chandelier for EVAR.

Visit Vexation Nation!

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you’re not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
–Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings, ASoIaF
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: 2009 February 10, 01:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does that woman insist on continuing to show the fucking shape X 2. It's bad enough we have to look at it once. It's probably quite rare that people look at an object and are confused as to which part of it is the shape.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
calalily
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1302 on: 2009 February 10, 01:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked,she also said that at TSR.I do wonder why she left,but...who cares?

Um, we should? TSR does - she had more downloads than some of the FAs and they were discussing fast tracking her as an FA in some of their chatlogs.  She left because of coconut - and due to the kindness of Reflexsims offering her support and a free artist slot.  Yay for Cassandre leaving!  Kiss

Visit Calalilysims

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1303 on: 2009 February 10, 01:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But not rare for -her-.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: 2009 February 10, 03:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*dances for Cassandre leaving TSR*

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: