PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 02:00:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 557201 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #735 on: 2008 October 01, 04:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy It's a miracle worker. I know it says not to compress hacks, but I did it on accident once, and my game's been "okay." Nothing has exploded yet....

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 2008 October 01, 05:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My computer doesn't like it when I compress the files... It can be finicky.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
oolongteadrinker
ARR!

yum?

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 2008 October 01, 06:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy It's a miracle worker. I know it says not to compress hacks, but I did it on accident once, and my game's been "okay." Nothing has exploded yet....

I did that anyway! (I backed them up first). But it's been fine for me. (basegame and pets only. No promises about other expansions). It helps that I only have a few hacks. The vegetarian food replacement hack, the spongebath on sinks hack, some custom careers, and "no friends needed for careers". Meritocracy, bitches!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 2008 October 01, 15:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did that anyway! (I backed them up first). But it's been fine for me. (basegame and pets only. No promises about other expansions). It helps that I only have a few hacks. The vegetarian food replacement hack, the spongebath on sinks hack, some custom careers, and "no friends needed for careers". Meritocracy, bitches!

I have all the expansions expect Ikea Cause that one goes against my principle, and just now looking in my Hacks-Mods folder I have 47 files..... and yes I delete readme's and pictures out of all my folders.

So needless to say if I did not have hacks I would die and couldn't play my sims. When I took out my hacks to find out what was wrong with the apartment I felt so naked.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
vexed
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #739 on: 2008 October 02, 07:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, and some of it is stuff that you made. I love those quilts!

Thanks Paden Smiley.

Did someone say quilts?  I need more!

*scurries off to look*

Visit Vexation Nation!

“When you tear out a man’s tongue, you’re not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”
–Tyrion Lannister, A Clash of Kings, ASoIaF
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 2008 October 02, 07:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game takes about 15 minutes to load, and I have a very good computer. I have way too much cc, but I'd rather wait 15 minutes than give most of it up.

How much is "quite a bit of CC"? I'm just curious. I have about 2000 CC files, running all EP's and several Stuff Packs on a laptop that I thought wouldn't be capable of playing AL and my game loads to a lot in 4 minutes.

I feel super lucky that it loads so fast.  Smiley

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 2008 October 02, 07:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess now should be a good time to mention that I have 11,852 files in 31 folders.  Embarrassed And I guess now would be a good time to get sims download therapy.

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 2008 October 02, 07:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, 11,852 files? That's crazy. (I don't mean that in a bad way.) How could you possibly use so many files? I used to have around 6000, but, after taking a closer look at everything, I realized I didn't use most of them. Away they went.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Smeagol
ARR!

Trixsy hobbitses!

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 2008 October 02, 07:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have about that many, AFTER a major clean out.  It is an addiction. I log on to check the forums, and I just can help browsing my fave free sites to see what goodies are new. Then even though I know I have waaaaay too much I dl more. My game takes FOREVER to load. Maybe we need a support group.

My name is Smeagol, and I am a download-a-holic.  Undecided

We wants it, we needs it, must have... the booty... Precious!

"Or better yet, sell 'I survived the INSIM thanksgiving Day Massacre' tee-shirts." SoggyFox
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 2008 October 02, 07:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I consider myself a download whore....hmmmm guess I'm not as bad as I thought.  Cheesy

Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 2008 October 02, 08:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it sucks. About once a month I take an hour and clean it out, but every time I clean it, out it just gets larger. Most of it is recolors. My bed recolor catalog has probably a good 50 to 100 bedding's in it by itself. Not to mention my 50 hacks I have, did I mention I'm a skintone/eye/hair whore? Oh and I love couches too. Hell let's just be honest, I download everything. I will admit though, I don't really download paystuff. Unless it's streaked recolors at GOS. Eventhough I remove those sooner or later, but I download them on the small chance I might use them. I even have crap tons of clutter that I need to remove, but I can't stand to part with it on the off chance I might want to use it.

Erhama
ARR!

Cake

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 2008 October 02, 08:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have about 4,600 files, I thought I had, 11,000

But before EA damaged my DL folder, it had about 12,942 Files, nearly all my C:/ was taken away. XD

I'm a 12 and I eat shit with a cherry on top.
Smeagol
ARR!

Trixsy hobbitses!

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 2008 October 02, 08:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree Missbonbon.  As soon as I delete something, I am hit with a pang that I must have whatever it was for the next house I do. When it started taking like 2 hrs for the game to load I realized there was a problemo.  I really should stay far far away from this thread as it has so many tempting pretty shiny things!!
Must not dl..... must be strong......   But I wants the precious Noukie hairs.....  ARGHHHHHH

{Runs off to DL free content displayed in thread}

We wants it, we needs it, must have... the booty... Precious!

"Or better yet, sell 'I survived the INSIM thanksgiving Day Massacre' tee-shirts." SoggyFox
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 2008 October 02, 08:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah it's like an addiction. I know why I download tons of clothes though. Because in the real world, I am to broke to buy all the shoes and clothes that I want. But in the sims world, it's free! Well most of it, and if it isn't it should be! So I can have all my pretty clothes, and satisfy my need to go shopping.

The funny thing is, pretty much all of my houses have the same feel. They are spacious houses, with different feels for each house.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/miss_sabrina/sims2/ScreenShot003-1.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j61/miss_sabrina/sims2/ScreenShot004-1.jpg

Like this house for instance. Any of my sims houses you go to pretty much look like that. Pretty much pink/green/blue. I tried to do grungy but it just felt so wrong. Plus a good chunk of my downloads folder is for a beach house I have been meaning to forever create, but I just keep putting it off because I hate decorating.

keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 2008 October 02, 08:22:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have your downloads sorted, you could take out the files for the beach house and only put them back in when you actually build it. Just a suggestion.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: