PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:17:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 110 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap  (Read 557318 times)
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
Re: Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap
« Reply #150 on: 2008 August 04, 16:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm my account must have been purged as well since I just lurked there Sad

So this morning I was thinking.... I can't really think of a pay creator that makes mods for the sims. I mean there's some that make hacks, but not mods. Nothing that will change your sims lifespan, nothing like what lord darcy does and *fixes* the game. Another reason why free is better than pay....... free fixes maxis mistakes  Tongue

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: 2008 August 04, 17:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of interest, do you happen to know how long such inactivity has to be before they are purged?

I have no idea - the longest I've been away from either site is 8 days when I was on holiday. Tongue Pescado didn't purge me - so not 8 days.  Cheesy

To be fair, Anoeska's "Maxis More Functional" superset adds decorative slots on EP dressers and vanity tables as well. (But not the ones from SPs.)

Well, that's what I get for not using pay content Tongue I just took it that the one that crashes your game was the only one made.

I was more annoyed by the ridiculously looooong file names found in her sets. And separating the fixes one by one into tiny packets. WTF. If you want decorative slots at all, you want them on ALL objects, not just on one dresser.
Of course, being TSR, it would make more sense for FAs to eke their products out into several different sets, rather than offering them as one single download.  That way, it would be easier to meet their quota. Roll Eyes

I agree - I want them all.  I also suspect that they do it to flood the page with 3000 FA things to tempt more subscribers.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 August 04, 18:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But of course they do.  First the FA's change the sliders on their hues menu in increments of  1 to mass- produce 60 sets of the same objects in (slightly) different colors.  Then they compile the sets in different configurations and call them "supersets". (And really, who wouldn't want a SUPERset?)  Cheesy   And then--this is my personal favorite--they change an object they made last week into a "new" object by altering it slightly via a different texture in the flood fill.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Owl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 August 04, 19:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nouk is always win. Always  Grin
Pirate Jenny
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 August 04, 19:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, so I've been out in my dinghy and found way too many comparison pictures. Admittedly the pay stuff isn't all eye-gougingly bad, but when you got a similar equivalent and it's free, the free content could be utter arsecrack and it would still be better by default.

Shakeshaft at TSR $$$ Vs. Ogularama

Cyclonesue at TSR (I think) $$$ Vs. Ogularama

Wood For Sims $$$ Vs. Parsimonious

Vita Sims $$$ Vs. Parsimonious

Sunair at TSR $$$ Vs. Parsimonious

Exnem $$$ Vs. eris3000 at MtS

Somebody I can't remember at TSR (well, they start to merge, especially after the rum) $$$ versus Sims2Play

I have more, too. But my post is too long already and I'm also starting to need a whizz.
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 August 04, 20:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome pics Pirate Jenny! Amazing isn't it? Free stuff is always better.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 August 04, 20:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, thanks Pirate Jenny, i didn't know there was a new food mesher at MTS2 *hurries to pillage*
Parsimonious make indeed awesome meshes, just like Sims2Play. High quality stuff that bloats my download folder!
I'm sure EA stole Ogularama's nachos dish and made the freetime appetisers with it Sad
Ogularama don't make a lot of stuff but they're very good quality, go check his halloween theme for some fun stuff Smiley

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Panthpirate
ARR!

hai i can has intrawebz lawyer nao kthxbai

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 August 04, 20:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow that Parsimonious plaid dining set looks adorable! *runs off to download*

However those pay sets gave me butthurt, literally. (Or maybe that's because I spent the whole morning sitting in this damn chair  Tongue)
Pirate Jenny
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 August 04, 20:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm mostly just confused as to why Exnem thinks it's a good idea to grout a cake.

I tried to put mouseover tags with [witty] descriptions pointing out the precise inferiority of the pay stuff, but I failed right mightily.

Dr House: I deleted my Ogularama nachos because the EA appetiser platter was pretty similar and having too much choice gives me brain disease and wind.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 August 04, 20:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really, really love those sims2play curtains. For some reason, the color schemes make me want to mewl with pleasure.  Cheesy

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 August 04, 21:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the comparisons, Pirate Jenny. The side-by-side layout of your post was very effective. Great job.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 August 04, 22:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted my Ogularama nachos because the EA appetiser platter was pretty similar and having too much choice gives me brain disease and wind.
I kept Ogularama's dish because it's available to all sims, not only those with cooking hobby (and already at 2 or 3 points can't remember), plus it's a hot dish with a steam: moar realistic. Moreover the serving dish looks way better, EA's servings look so bare and empty Embarrassed When i got it i modified the menu to make a new category: Serve appetiser\Nachos and added several other CC food that were better in that category. I love having choice for foods, my sims can make all kind of theme menus and restaurants are very specialized: italian restaurant, pizzeria, Mac Donald, french restaurant, russian one... Tongue

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 August 05, 00:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skadi can you just tell me who I need to pay to have that avatar hurled into space at the speed of light directly into a black hole.
If you mean my Toadette, appeal to the Pirate King. It's an enforced avatar.

I guess it's more the colour than anything. It's a little eye-catching, lets just say that. Maybe just see if we could slap an eyepatch on it or something. Think the big man has a paypal account? I'm willing to spend up to $5.00 including tax and service fees.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Thing
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 August 05, 01:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Think the big man has a paypal account?

Cheesy
FilthyPriest
ARR!

Emmm! Rum Doughnuts.......

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008 August 05, 02:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pay Crap can never compare to a creation created with the love of a FREE simmer.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: