PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:44:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 593018 times)
gelydh
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #645 on: 2008 June 18, 02:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but I find meshing to be a helluva lot easier than texturing. For another, isn't that the same as saying Xandher is worse than Anita just because she doesn't create her own meshes? Honestly, 99% of creating is in the texturing. After all, flood-filling a mesh doesn't make it look nice. *looks pointedly at Grizzelda*

Yes, she's learning, I read that; however, why was she made a FA if she's still "learning"?

Three imaginary boys sing in my
Sleep sweet child
The moon will change your mind
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 2008 June 18, 02:18:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, she's learning, I read that; however, why was she made a FA if she's still "learning"?

Because she's either diddling or black mailing Thomass?

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Sheyza
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 2008 June 18, 02:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to know, ask Thomas that question. I didn't promote her to FA.  Undecided But I don't think that anyone should be bad-mouthing anyone else publicly, so I just stay positive. Thats all I was saying gelydh. I would have done the same for you had someone else said the like.

It isn't saying Xander, or whomever else is worse... it's just saying exactly what I said. "Anita builds her own meshes." In my opinion, being able to construct your own meshes from the ground up is more note-worthy. I don't think anything is wrong with that.

Btw... I didn't know Xander didn't build her own meshes until just now...  Shocked
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: 2008 June 18, 02:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're just two different types of creating, that require different types of skills.  Sometimes it may seem that texturing is easier, with the amount of people who think that they can just slap a pattern or a photo on anything, but decent texturing requires knowledge of modeling, being able to actually use an art program to do some shading and other adjustments by hand.  And those out there who can HAND TEXTURE anything they put their mind to are just as awesome as those who can mesh anything they decide to mesh!

A mesh in itself isn't a thing of wonderment, anyway...just look at the tons of meshes that are essentially geometric shapes and/or amorphous blobs being passed off as objects in this community.  That took no skill whatsoever.  That's just as bad as floodfilling something and calling it a texture--not only that, it probably took the same amount of time to make.
Sheyza
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 2008 June 18, 02:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, good point. Not everyone is good at the same things. Being able to texture and being able to mesh carry the same weights... but the only problem I have with this whole ordeal, is that people take meshes that other's work hard on, and claim they made them, then get credit. There's nothing really fair or positive about that no matter how many times you colmb over it.

Of course, there's nothing fair with texturing either... because whether you get them offline, or take the pictures yourself, someone else still made them.

I agree, that the really good texturers are the ones that can hand-draw them.  Smiley Also, the really good meshers are the ones that mesh themselves. Same thing.

You know, since everyone thinks Anita is no good at what she does now, your point could apply here too. Maybe she should try making another type of content?
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: 2008 June 18, 04:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that you're an associate of atwa, I'll take your suggestion with a grain of salt.

Maybe we shouldn't let a shit ton of bad apples ruin an entire barrel, because there are bound to be a few good apples there? Or maybe I should just be more of a bitch.

BobbinRobbin
Landlubber

I yam wots I yam, an' dats all wot I yam.

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2008 June 18, 04:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sheyza, thanks for clearing up a lot of things.

That said, I would like you to follow your own words, and consider this: Anita lies about a lot of people. Take whatever SHE says about ANYONE with no salt at all...especially if it's mean or unkind. She IS friendly and nice to you now, cause she isn't upset with you. But, hon, the minute you do ANYTHING that she might construe as wrong or disagree with her in any way...watch your back. You too will be bad-mouthed all over. You won't even have to try. This is not speculation, or gossip. It's fact. She's proven this over and over about LOTS of people.

So, congrats on your site, glad it's not pay, and just remember....ok to be friends with Anita, as long as she likes you, you are lucky. Just be careful and watch your back. Things can change in a nanosecond.

I be colage edjamacated.
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2008 June 18, 04:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she should try making another type of content?
Objectively, she tried her hands at lot of different things (not just with Thoma$$, i'm serious Smiley) clothes, objects, walls, hairs, accessories etc. The problem is that they all suck. She lacks technical knowledge, color association, design and artistic capabilities. So what's else left to try? Videos maybe.
Look here http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/atwa/ she already done all these kind of items. All these are fug-included.

But i do agree her objects are slightly better than before, there is a tiny improvement. But hey in several years that's just too slow. The problem is that she didn't focused on creating for Sims 2, she was too occupied to "manage artists" and playing the spanish inquisition in the forum. So she didn't have time left to improve her skills.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
gelydh
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: 2008 June 18, 04:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, good point. Not everyone is good at the same things. Being able to texture and being able to mesh carry the same weights... but the only problem I have with this whole ordeal, is that people take meshes that other's work hard on, and claim they made them, then get credit. There's nothing really fair or positive about that no matter how many times you colmb over it.

(...)

I was just making a point, saying that being able to mesh doesn't give anyone the excuse to ooze a- "My stuff is the greatest thing EVAR!" -type of attitude. Which is the impression that I've always gotten from her, particularly when she'd whine and moan about the pirates in the FA and SA forums. Then her minions would come along and have the AUDACITY to say that they were "just jealous" of her "mad skillZ" and she'd just lap it up.

On a random note, for me, personally, I can do a mesh in a few minutes and then take hours upon hours texturing it. I'm sure it is different for other people, but that's just how it is for me. In any case, meshing and texturing go hand-in-hand. The difference is that texturing can stand on its own, whereas meshes need decent textures to be appealing. For example, take my cardboard robots boxes or Aikea's paper - EXTREMELY simplistic meshes that are made interesting and useable due to the textures.

But I'm venturing off-topic. I agree with RoundRobin's post, though. It's the sort of thing that, while I've not experienced it firsthand, have witnessed it happening to others.

Three imaginary boys sing in my
Sleep sweet child
The moon will change your mind
Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #654 on: 2008 June 18, 09:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sheyza, oh please....defend her if you like, say things in here aren't true...whatever...I will tell you there are a lot of things in this thread that are true, more than aren't.  You never had a problem with  her because she liked you.  Because you believe/d her bullshit.  You are one of those SA that gelydh is talking about in the FA/SA forum that fed into her crazyness...when that crap was happening in the SA forum earlier this year, you were one of the first ones to baaa like a sheep and side with Anita and Thomas...but I guess you buy into the TSR mentality of censoring everything and throwing in  your face how grateful you should be to be an SA there and how grateful you should be because they give you a free sub while you are an SA or a mini site...being an SA may be worse than being an FA there...we got pimped out for nothing...and then made to feel bad if we questioned the regime.

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2008 June 18, 09:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay a Gelydh Cheesy

And Sheyza, the attitude to be positive in general that you have is very good. However, do remember that people may exploit you for this. Atwa is well known for being manipulative and scheming - would suggest that you open your eyes a bit more in case she is doing that to you.

Seeing as how it seems your site is the site that Atwa has claimed to be a new paysite she was working on, can you just clarify this: the site will be 100% free or not? No pay area, no donation packs? If not, then we have no problem. Yet you should be concerned that Atwa believes she has a claim over the site, and it will be pay.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2008 June 18, 10:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but I find meshing to be a helluva lot easier than texturing. For another, isn't that the same as saying Xandher is worse than Anita just because she doesn't create her own meshes? Honestly, 99% of creating is in the texturing. After all, flood-filling a mesh doesn't make it look nice.

I have to agree with Gelydh, I find meshing a whole lot easier than texturing.  I'm crap at texturing, and hand drawing is non-existent here.  I borrow textures wherever possible from Maxis mostly. 

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: 2008 June 18, 10:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but I find meshing to be a helluva lot easier than texturing. For another, isn't that the same as saying Xandher is worse than Anita just because she doesn't create her own meshes? Honestly, 99% of creating is in the texturing. After all, flood-filling a mesh doesn't make it look nice.

I have to agree with Gelydh, I find meshing a whole lot easier than texturing.  I'm crap at texturing, and hand drawing is non-existent here.  I borrow textures wherever possible from Maxis mostly. 

Me too.  I am a horrible recolorer/retexturer.   But, making a really good (and low poly) mesh that can take good textures is hard work.  I worked with another person in making my kitchen set and my Ethan Allen bedroom set.  If I hadn't, my meshes would have been a nightmare for others to recolor/retexture.  I would send her the meshes, she would fiddle with her textures on them, tell me where the problems in my meshes were and I would fix them.  Because she is so creative in her use of textures, issues I would have never seen came to light.  Once that was done, my meshes improved because other people could more easily make something almost completely different from them using textures, which I thought was very cool.  So, in my mind, being a good texturer is just as important as being a good mesher because it takes a being good texturer to complete the meshing process.  My meshes were better because I had linked up with a good texturer. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Sheyza
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2008 June 18, 10:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only mesh when I really need something specific myself... working with colorless shapes gets really boring after some time.  Undecided Texturing is my field. I love color.

Don't worry about me peoples... if I feel like anyone is stepping on me I back off. I have alot of friends too, so it's not like Anita is my life-long bestest best buddy in zee world. If you get my drift. Some of you aparently seem to think I'm Anita's lapdog or something, when she's simply just someone I talk to. It's not like we're eloping to the Bahamas and popping out children.  Huh

Just because I maintain a positive attitude doesn't mean I can't get nasty if I have to. Also, I would defend any of my friends like this, not just Anita. Like I said, I have alot of friends... and what are friends for?  Wink

Anyone that gets mad at anyone else is going to do bad things to that person, regardless of who they are. That's just human nature. So if Anita got angry and did something to me, it wouldn't be that shocking. Everyone has done it / is capable of it. I don't really let crap like that get to me anyways. Like when I moved to TSR last year and I got talked about in here. I'm the person that's going to ignore what's said about me and move on. I'm pretty good at writting stuff off and not worrying over it.

No, the site won't be pay in any case. There will be an option to donate if you feel like it, but no donation packs or anything of that sort. I'm also planning on adding a forum to it eventually. You're all welcome to it when I get this thing built. I'm not an html genious by any means.  Tongue

I agree that the drama surrounding TSR has hurt alot of artists... one reason I've got this site comming. I like to avoid things like that.

This is random... but do you know that when I moved to TSR, I had nooooo idea there was a "paysite debate"? You guys were a little hard on me, when I had no damn idea what people were talking about or what was going on. Shame on you for not telling me of this anti-pay thing... then killing me when I had no idea moving to another site was bad. Bah... now where did that god aweful rum scurry off to...
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #659 on: 2008 June 18, 10:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, in my mind, being a good texturer is just as important as being a good mesher because it takes a being good texturer to complete the meshing process.  My meshes were better because I had linked up with a good texturer. 

I find meshing more enjoyable as well - the hardest thing is getting new ideas on what to make. I mean there's google for inspiration, but the darn thing requires keywords.  Cheesy  I have played so many tetris games and in my mind broken things into their component parts while renovating my furniture, that I find it easy.  Surprising how versatile a cylinder or a square can be.  Smiley

This is random... but do you know that when I moved to TSR, I had nooooo idea there was a "paysite debate"? You guys were a little hard on me, when I had no damn idea what people were talking about or what was going on. Shame on you for not telling me of this anti-pay thing... then killing me when I had no idea moving to another site was bad.

It really isn't our responsibility to tell you everything - plus those that did let you know were ignored.  I know I myself posted in your creator blog at MTS2 that it was a pity you were going to a paysite, and that this meant I wasn't going to use your stuff, and you went anyway.  If you didn't use google or wonder why, then really, shame on you.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: