PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:05:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 592954 times)
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #450 on: 2008 June 01, 11:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention the Chevy Nova. It didn't do well in Spanish-speaking countries, because "no va" means "no go."

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 2008 June 01, 12:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found out several years after getting my cat that the name I'd given her means something dirty in an African language. T_T

Oh, please tell us!

Her name is "Simmis" (pronounced "Sim-me"). We got her from another family when she was still a kitten, and they thought she was a boy and named her "Simba." When we suddenly found out she was a girl, it was a bit late to give her a whole new name, so we just feminized it. Apparently, "Simmis" means "sex slave" or "prostitute" in a certain African language. (Can't remember which one, though.)

Like I said, if I had researched a bit, I'd know that it's a bad name. It's not like I named her after an actual noun or adjective (like Snowball, or Fluffy), I just pulled something out of my ass that sounded "like an actual name" and now I'm stuck with it. =P So I have little sympathies for how "perfectly" Atwa named herself.

Again, it's different if your name is an actual word or name in your language and just happens to mean something bad in another language. Whatever. But if you're just pulling a bunch of stuff out of your butt to make it sound exotic, you deserve what you get. I'll accept the Charles Manson acronym crap, but that doesn't make it any less hilarious to me.

Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2008 June 01, 12:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

arrrrr, 1 of my best friends name is Anita. This is the most used name in Latvia, Finland, Sweden, and Hungary.  It has nothing to do with silly simpson.

My cat's name is pusse. Wonder how that is pronouced in english? lol.

« Last Edit: 2008 June 01, 12:15:48 by Luna » Logged

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2008 June 01, 12:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chill, Luna. "Anita" sounds a lot like "I need a" in English, and the Bart Simpson prank call was the first thing that sprang to mind. If you choose to be offended by something that inane, feel free. Roll Eyes

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
Dina D
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: 2008 June 01, 15:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's because we made it into Atwat, precisely for that reason. She called herself "Atwa."

Our version is more accurate. Does anyone remember who started it in the first place?

:::raises hand::::  GUILTY!

I dont' recall the thread where I first used it, but I had used it in staff chat, and kinda on a dare, I changed her folder's name in the booty. Gosh, that had to be a year ago.

Edit: Apparently, the first public useage of "Atwat" occured here:  http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,192.msg45649.html#msg45649  ...and there were a few other usages of it before I changed the booty folder name in May 2007.

so the first time you called her Atwat was when I was getting beat up for defending that shitty site?!?  Cheesy  Ah, how mis-informed I was back then....and hey, does anyone know why ThomA$$ always thought I was a pirate??  Cause I didn't know about you guys until that crappy weekend at the exchange...I was in that stupor of being a member of TSR.  Embarrassed

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: 2008 June 01, 17:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dina, at least you did see the light! I suppose we have you to thank, then, for the inspriation. Wink Just think -  in just 18 months we've gone from making a crude joke to people thinking that's really her name!

As far as why Thomas thought you were one of us early on, I've no idea. Maybe the fact that you posted here, despite being clearly pro-TSR at the time, was just too much for him? Secret agendas and all that...

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
sherrie
ARR!

ALL DONE, kthxbai

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: 2008 June 02, 10:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We need Sherrie to post again the photos of Atwat...she's most definitely a woman at least in her 40s, by all accounts.

From what I remember she's in her 50's.

CENSORSHIP: When one site is very much like another..
Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2008 June 02, 10:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kinda shows in that pic how close she and Thomass are.

Jackie Stallone anyboydy?

Updated April 30th!
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2008 June 02, 10:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh god, that's a forced smile if I ever saw one.
alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2008 June 02, 10:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomass, or Atwat? Wink

Jackie Stallone (I have no idea of who she is, BTW) looks like a bee stung her lower lip.

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Beth
ARR!

Random writing.

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2008 June 02, 12:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sylvester Stallone's Mommy ;]
He was in Rocky.

Updated April 30th!
pixelated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2008 June 02, 12:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomass, or Atwat? Wink

Well, both look forced, but I was thinking Thomass. Atwat looks more like she's desperately trying to hide that she's crying by laughing instead. As if Thomass was holding a gun to her back and going "Smile for the camera, bitch", and she had to do some "Baaaw-he-he-he-he I'm so HAPPY! Making floodfilled creations is FUN! SUBSCRIBE TO TSR AND YOU TOO CAN BE AS HAPPY AND HARMONIC AS I AM!"

After that, Thomass would put her back in her cage an-.... well, the theory is flawed really, as I don't see why anyone would keep her for advertising your website, especially not going through the trouble of using a gun. Let's just say she's crying of happiness because that's the closest she's ever been to a man (I'm pretty sure he's a man), and leave it at that.
CaptainChris
ARR!

Picture it, Sicily 1922....

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2008 June 02, 12:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah! That photo keeps haunting me.

I always assumed her cry/laugh thing was because she's so in love/awe with Thoma$$ that the fact of meeting him was enough to bring her to tears.

Thoma$$' expression is more along the lines of wanting the moment to end, and for Grandma Moses to get away from him. I almost feel sorry for him, then I remember he's a scumsucking whore.
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2008 June 02, 16:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now THAT'S the worst picture I've seen in this entire thread. Cheesy

I really shouldn't talk because I'm probably even older than Atwa, but I do tend to brush my hair every now and then.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2008 June 02, 16:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Thanks a hell of a lot. It's not bad enough that I'm as sick as someone that ate from Sam and Ella's diner, but now you have to fucking scare the absolute shit right outta me? You guys are just fuckin cruel, you know that?? I will agree though, that is the fugliest thing ever to appear in this thread and probably the whole site. The only thing that could possibly be worse is a pic of him wearing a Speedo and her wearing a bikini... Talk about two rubber bands around an egg.... Oh God, I think I just grossed myself out...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: