PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:41:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Poor Atwat....
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 133 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Atwat....  (Read 592844 times)
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
Re: Poor Atwat....
« Reply #435 on: 2008 June 01, 02:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's because we made it into Atwat, precisely for that reason. She called herself "Atwa."

Our version is more accurate. Does anyone remember who started it in the first place?

I can has vagina dentata plz?
Proud member of the Official Coconut Fan Club!
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #436 on: 2008 June 01, 02:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We need Sherrie to post again the photos of Atwat...she's most definitely a woman at least in her 40s, by all accounts.

Looked to me like she was in her 60s, seriously. Undecided

Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2008 June 01, 02:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my point is that it sounds too much like "a twat." I wouldn't go around calling myself vage ina; that's just too easy.

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: 2008 June 01, 02:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's because we made it into Atwat, precisely for that reason. She called herself "Atwa."

Our version is more accurate. Does anyone remember who started it in the first place?

:::raises hand::::  GUILTY!

I dont' recall the thread where I first used it, but I had used it in staff chat, and kinda on a dare, I changed her folder's name in the booty. Gosh, that had to be a year ago.

Edit: Apparently, the first public useage of "Atwat" occured here:  http://phorum.mustnotbenamed.com/index.php/topic,192.msg45649.html#msg45649  ...and there were a few other usages of it before I changed the booty folder name in May 2007.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 01, 02:54:59 by Hecubus » Logged

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2008 June 01, 02:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose that's true, but I don't believe her first language is English. I don't know a whole lot of slang for genitals in, say, Portuguese or Korean and if I were attempting to post in a thread in one of those languages, I could easily end up accidentally calling myself something that sounded very similar to "hairy albino monkey testicles"...but then again, I don't speak any Portuguese or Korean so that might not be the best example.

Ugh, it sounds like I'm defending Atwat! I give, Kragey, I give! Wink

Please, please tell me someone can dig up those photos. I could use a giggle.

And Hec...my love for you grows with each breath of wind in the trees, each irritating post verbally bitch slapped, each sleazy TSR employee brutally insulted...Woe is he who comes between me and my Hec. Wink

Edit: Well, it's good enough that several people can get credit.

Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2008 June 01, 02:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On that first link, am I the only one who noticed her son and daughter seem to be making out? She introduces them as her son and daughter, but they are all over each other on the couch. Maybe she meant son in law? Please.  Huh

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2008 June 01, 03:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you mean the Black family, those are diff Sims. Her "son" is shown flirting with someone named Janice on the sidewalk, and the couch scene is her daughter and another Sim named Sam. Both of her dark-haired offspring seem to have the hots for redheads, so that's probably where the confusion begins.

Even without the element of incest the weird bondage-esque quasi-goth thing is a little disturbing when presented in this bland, broken manner.

Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2008 June 01, 03:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thats what it is. Sorry. I just spent all freaking day at the fair with my three year old. I think I might die.  Wink They looked very similar to my weary eyes. LOL.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Kragey
ARR!

I can haz CC?

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2008 June 01, 03:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, it sounds like I'm defending Atwat! I give, Kragey, I give! Wink

I have that power. ^_~ But honestly? If I was going to name myself or someone in my family something, and it was meant to sound like an "actual name" (like Barbara or Cheryl) instead of the average forum user's "just words" name (like "Blue Coconut" or "Angel Dust"), I'd check it over a bit. I found out several years after getting my cat that the name I'd given her means something dirty in an African language. T_T

Google imaging "atwa" gets you lots of images of body builders and Near Eastern officials. I LOLed.

falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2008 June 01, 04:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know a whole lot of slang for genitals in, say, Portuguese or Korean and if I were attempting to post in a thread in one of those languages, I could easily end up accidentally calling myself something that sounded very similar to "hairy albino monkey testicles"...
I once opened an account for a Mr. Sik On Yu. I'm sure it's a perfectly normal name in Korean, but sounds terrible in English. Granted, that was the man's actual name. Unless Atwa is a diminutive form of Anita (like Masha/Mariya), it doesn't seem like Atwat can use that excuse.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
Markus
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2008 June 01, 05:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vaguely recall Sherrie or somebody discovering that Atwa was a Charles Manson reference.
glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2008 June 01, 05:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found out several years after getting my cat that the name I'd given her means something dirty in an African language. T_T

See? It's easy to do things like that. Of course, if you were posting on a site that was written primarily in that African language, you probably would do some research before you named yourself that, just to be safe.

My aunt named her cat "Punani" because she confused it with the Hawaiian name "Puanani," which means beautiful flower. Her husband (who is Hawaiian, BTW) told her what it actually meant at Thanksgiving dinner almost a year later.

I vaguely recall Sherrie or somebody discovering that Atwa was a Charles Manson reference.

Apparently it is. The idea behind it is actually kind of cool, but the origin is disturbing. I looked it up on Wikipedia and, assuming that the source is accurate, this is what it means:

ATWA is an acronym for "Air, Trees, Water, Animals" and "All The Way Alive." It was first termed by Charles Manson in the early 1970s. The name represents the life support system of the Earth. Charles Manson and his associates, most notably Lynette Fromme and Sandra Good, use the term to name the force of life and the opposition to that which destroys the ecological balance of the Earth.

"ATWA" it's also a System of a Down song, a little fact I had forgotten until I read it since the term "ATWA" is never actually used in the song. I really like Serj Tankian.

Oh, and the opening lyrics are rather fitting for our dear TSR slut: "Hey you, see me, pictures crazy." Bwahahahaha!
« Last Edit: 2008 June 01, 06:46:43 by glasscigarette » Logged

Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: 2008 June 01, 06:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found out several years after getting my cat that the name I'd given her means something dirty in an African language. T_T

Oh, please tell us!

My aunt named her cat "Punani" because she confused it with the Hawaiian name "Puanani," which means beautiful flower. Her husband (who is Hawaiian, BTW) told her what it actually meant at Thanksgiving dinner almost a year later.

ROFL!! Why did he wait a year before he told her, though? lol

As for Atwat...I thought her real name is Anita?  Am I confused?

glasscigarette
ARR!

El que calla, otorga.

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2008 June 01, 07:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He waited because it was funnier that way.  Grin

And yeah, her real name is Anita. As in the Bart Simpson "Anita Bath" prank call, or perhaps, in this case, Anita Newhobby. Or maybe Anita Talent. Yeah, I think I'm going with that one.

alia
ARR!

Ms. Smartypants

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2008 June 01, 11:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I would not put too much thought into the name Atwa. Names are funny that way, you name something in one language and it is something awful in some other language. For example, in Finland we have this magazine called "A Fan of Cats", i.e. "Kissafani". Mr Smartypants' British friends found it hilarious, but I did not realise what was so funny until they explained it. I still don't go around giggling when I see the mag, since it's just a magazine about cats for me, no matter how rude it is in English.

Also, sometimes even big companies get it wrong. From Wikipedia:
The Mitsubishi Pajero is a sport utility vehicle manufactured by Mitsubishi Motors. It is known as the Mitsubishi Montero in the Americas (except Brazil) and Spain, and as Mitsubishi Shogun in the United Kingdom. It was named after a mountain cat that inhabits the Patagonia plateau region in southern Argentina. However, the name Montero (meaning "mountain warrior") was adopted in Spanish language markets because Pajero is a slang term for "wanker".

SunSun a.k.a. Shannis

I aten't dead yet.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 133 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: