PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 14:37:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  New MTS2 Rules
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New MTS2 Rules  (Read 39120 times)
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #90 on: 2007 July 28, 23:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever.

People donate because without MTS2, this community would never have gotten this far.

The people that call MTS2 their home have shaped the entire game experience with making custom content better, keeping the game popular, bringing in big money for EA.

Not to mention, I can say that every creator in this community has MTS2 to thank for all the information, the research, the knowledge, the tools and the help to create. Free and pay.

I could say that TSR would never have become what they are now without the help of what is on MTS2.

It is pathetic, unbelievably ungrateful, and petty to slap all the people on MTS2 in the face like that.

Not just Delphy, but people like Numenor, Wes_H, Dr_Pixel, Echo, and dozens of other master creator and modder I forgot.

People who provided
- the tools for sims 2 custom meshes, continuesly fixing, updating, helping, supporting the people using these for absolutely free.
- modding the sims 2 into something that suits the public more, adding customizations to make the game more appealing to the players.
- sharing information so freely, that the whole community has benefited
- the research, trials, programming, modding, sweat blod and tears that were needed to provide everyone with new mods, new hacks, new tools, continueesly
- offering a place to share your stuff if you can't have a website.

When I look at mts2 I don't see Delphy (not meant negatively), I see a huge group of people sharing knowledge, work, tools, and the website for 100% free.

But you're not supposed to have an opinion. You're supposed to do your job in promoting the Sims 2 and then shut the hell up.

Thanks for making that clear, EA. It doesn't matter what a site has done for the community, the preference seems to be sites that commercialize the community and promote the Sims 2 in a more vulgair way.

Capitalism at it's worst, money before everything.

Conclusion: People should keep in mind that allmost every piece of custom content in their game exists thanks to the people at MTS2, before they dismiss ModTheSims 2 because they have some sort of 'Delphy tunnelvision'.

Inactive
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #91 on: 2007 July 28, 23:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Nouk.  

Conclusion: People suck.  They can go die in a fire.
djslippyman
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #92 on: 2007 July 28, 23:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hang in there Delphy we love you.    :cry:  Smiley
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #93 on: 2007 July 28, 23:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*passes rum to Delphy* Well, I'm just going to go ahead and say it: fuck 'em, feed 'em beans. We owe alot to MTS 2, and I'm never gonna say otherwise. You've done a hell of a job, weathered too much shit, and through it all, kept the site going. You have my respect and that's not something many people get. Keep it up and if they get out of hand, let me at them with my sledge hammer, that's all I ask... or my sense of humour, that's been called a weapon in and of itself... Just ask HideTheRum!  :twisted:

Presented for free by the Save a Bitchy Pirate Foundation.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
AwwBoo
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #94 on: 2007 July 29, 00:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Delphy"
The donation drive was a great success and a nice suprise, and then some moron comes along and decides to put thier 2 cents in and pisses me off.

I think that the donation drive was a success speaks volumes.  More people care about ModTheSims2 than don't, and those people don't listen to smear campaigns, greedy paysite owners or ignorant whackjobs.  We're a bit too intelligent for all that muck.

Free the wee little turl-tles!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #95 on: 2007 July 29, 01:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silver"

... you managed to raise money for the server ... plus a bit extra ... in a little over a day and a half. Little by little, a bit at a time, ...yaddayaddayadda...Sigh. But I suppose a naysayer would claim blahblahblah.Whatever.

4,000+ dollars in a day and a half is a remarkable accomplishment and shows more than anything else just what this community can do together.  Modders, recolorers and downloaders alike joined together-including me.  I have contributed to both drives over there recently-and I might not have if it wasn't for the stupid smear campaign.  But after all that crap, I made it a point to donate.   Fuck those people and fuck you too.  

So, Delphy, one good thing came about from all that.  It got at least one person to contribute.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #96 on: 2007 July 29, 01:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with absolutely everything that Nouk said in her last post, and it is sad, sad, sad that some people - including EA -  forget the contribution that everybody at MTS2 has made - and is still making every day - to the whole community.

Don't know if I have enough rum for all of MTS2, but here's a few bottles for Delphy to take back with him. *hands over a case*

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Apsalar
ARR!

Not as dangerous as I seem to be

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #97 on: 2007 July 29, 02:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As always, Nouk has an almost eerie ability to say what I want to say before I knew I wanted to say it. Thanks!
And all my rum to Delphy! Err...well, technically not all of it...  Cheesy

- Tell me Tool, what dominates your thoughts?
- I think of futility, Adjunct.
- Do all Imass think about futility?
- No, few think at all.
- Why is that?
The Imass leaned his head to one side and regarded her.
- Because, Adjunct, it is futile.
~~G
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #98 on: 2007 July 29, 02:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the BBS, when people ask 'where can I find...'
almost 99% of the time is: go to MTS2

that speaks volumes about what people see as the top site!

And if paysites are really caring about 'the community', and yes I am including TSR, then all their crapola arguments are just that: crap.

MTS2 has shown that a free site CAN get by on donations freely given, so hidden goodies for dough, no subs.

So donations only CAN work for a site.  This was proven again.

So paysites, whats your argument about being true donation-only now?
It cant be for 'the community', the community stepped up and covered the costs for the site.
I guess its just all about the money isnt it, and not the people at all?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #99 on: 2007 July 30, 18:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Delphy"
Thanks Nouk.  

Conclusion: People suck.  They can go die in a fire.
As someone who almost died in a fire years ago, I can assure you that this is not a fun way to go.

So, yeah. Apt punishment. But anyways, it's the BBS. If a thread started there that wasn't full of idiocy, I'd be shocked.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
HideTheRum
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #100 on: 2007 July 30, 21:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Delphy don't let any stupid fucktard ruin for you the success of the MTS2 donation drive, such a totally deserved huge success should have sites like TSR (and EA, which I blame for its  ambiguous positions) rot in shame forever and ever...

As for this
Quote from: "Paden"
Keep it up and if they get out of hand, let me at them with my sledge hammer, that's all I ask... or my sense of humour, that's been called a weapon in and of itself... Just ask HideTheRum!  :twisted:
[/size]

Why yes a very lethal weapon indeed! I kid you not, I almost choked to death recently due to bursting into laughter over one of this lady's amazing posts - and now she won't stop making fun of me :lol:

It was the least I could do. I always do the least I can do.
Renegade
ARR!

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #101 on: 2007 July 31, 00:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot to mention that, but Nouk said it all. I wouldn't know as much about stuff if MTS2 didn't exist to have any tutorials.  Yes, Nouk is amazing and helped a lot, but a lot of that was also through pointing me toward tutorials and posts at MTS2, including getting things like the ever-so-valuable plugins, and example bodies/faces, etc.

We rely on MTS2 for more than just downloads.

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #102 on: 2007 July 31, 01:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit. Where would ANY of us be without MTS2? There wouldn't BE a fan community without it....no recolors...no creative building...none of the 'basics' everybody's got in their game.

I've written a letter to EA (copied to a handful of departments) expressing my own outrage at this egregious error. Whether or not Legal is going to dictate the sites on the fansite listing...some idiot Maxoid, in their eagerness to promote TSR, has made a HUGE error in judgment.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
RedLove
ARR!

Depressed.

View Profile WWW
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #103 on: 2007 July 31, 19:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When do these new rules go into effect?
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=241670
Somebody either didn't read the rules or is just not paying attention to them. They used a pay hair in screenshots. A pay hair from TSR. :lol:

Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
New MTS2 Rules
« Reply #104 on: 2007 July 31, 19:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
Shit. Where would ANY of us be without MTS2? There wouldn't BE a fan community without it....no recolors...no creative building...none of the 'basics' everybody's got in their game.

I've written a letter to EA (copied to a handful of departments) expressing my own outrage at this egregious error. Whether or not Legal is going to dictate the sites on the fansite listing...some idiot Maxoid, in their eagerness to promote TSR, has made a HUGE error in judgment.

Hebucus what email addreesses are you sending to/snail mail? Could you please post them?

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: