PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 18:00:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  helaenes website may be closing but read this
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: helaenes website may be closing but read this  (Read 26445 times)
zatanna
Banned!

View Profile
helaenes website may be closing but read this
« Reply #45 on: 2007 January 19, 03:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Pineapplebrain"
Helaene just posted an update on her website saying, "(EDIT: Someone expressed to me by email tonight that they were worried I was going to become a pay artist at TSR or someplace like that. I can assure you that is not true.
My work will always always always be free. <3 )"

Just thought I'd post an update.

Awww, good ol' helaene Cheesy
Chasie
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 January 19, 04:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had wrote her a  cheerful e-mail about it, mostly wishing her luck with whatever she does and complimenting her on her work, but I added that paysite question. This is what she wrote:

Hi Chase -

Thanks so much for your note!

I've responded on my news page to your rumor question, but don't worry - the rumor is not true!  I would never ever ever become a TSR Featured Artist or become a part of a paysite.

<3 Helaene

I'm really happy to hear it! Smiley
zatanna
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 January 19, 04:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I think everyone is Cheesy
cheekylilgirl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 January 19, 04:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is another added reason to why I support her and her contributions to the community.  Quality, Free and with a healthy interest in the sims community and sharing not just thinking of her own ego like some.

“Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a pirate, after all.”
zatanna
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 January 19, 04:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea I agree. I hate ego-maniacs  :evil:
Peachysakura
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 January 19, 07:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wondered about FAs at TSR...if they ever decided they want to post their stuff somewhere else for free, couldn't they just do it under a different name or something?  Personally, if I was ever an FA at TSR(which I wouldn't be because I refuse to let that site have any money from me in any way, shape or form) and they told me I couldn't post my stuff anywhere else, I would tell them to stuff it.  
Has any FA posted their stuff elsewhere for free despite that rule yet?
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 January 19, 08:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can hardly enforce it now, can they!   Can you imagine a lawyer's reply when asked by someone other than EA if they will act against someone posting game content on the internet somewhere?

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2007 January 19, 08:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they can press suit if you signed/agreed to a contract.  *shrug*

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 January 19, 08:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eek, stupid forum. Ignore this post. This post doesn't exist.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 January 19, 08:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only FA I can think of that did that was that one girl with the poser hair who got kicked out of TSR for stealing poser meshes, then started her own site under a new name and denied being herself. But I don't think that counts because she was a defrocked FA.

Dr Pixel maintains his own free site though, he never updates it at all. NeptuneSuzy and a couple others also have free sites on the side too, I think. I think the issue is that you can't post the things you've uploaded to TSR anywhere else for free. Outside that, you can do whatever.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 January 19, 08:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Sim Addict broke that rule. She posted the Storybook Set first at MTS2, then over at TSR last, now shes making some bad recolors for it. I have seen her do better recolors. Maybe shes not happy with them. I like SA I wish she'd leave TSR.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 January 19, 08:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Peachysakura"
I wondered about FAs at TSR...if they ever decided they want to post their stuff somewhere else for free, couldn't they just do it under a different name or something?

I was thinking about this earlier.
It's "stolen", if you didn't tell the truth. I can see TSR (out of the kindness of their wallets- sorry, hearts) trying to get the site shut down via the ISP. Since TSR charges a fee, the ISP is more likely to believe them, not wanting trouble. Since the ISP is under no obligation to continue hosting you unless you have verifiable proof of copyright, (ToS, baby) that doesn't take a lawyer- just persistent emails and legal threats (even if hollow).
But if you did tell the truth, TSR'd stop paying you or kick you off and keep the content they paid you to produce. The house always wins.

Quote from: "teadrinker"
They can hardly enforce it now, can they!   Can you imagine a lawyer's reply when asked by someone other than EA if they will act against someone posting game content on the internet somewhere?

The door swings both ways- can you imagine anyone taking the case if you really wanted TSR to take your content off its website?

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
The only FA I can think of that did that was that one girl with the poser hair who got kicked out of TSR for stealing poser meshes, then started her own site under a new name and denied being herself. But I don't think that counts because she was a defrocked FA.

Interesting- do you remember who this was? What did TSR do with her stuff, especially the non-hair bits (if any)?

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Well Sim Addict broke that rule. She posted the Storybook Set first at MTS2, then over at TSR last,

It probably would have been different if she'd posted it at TSR first. Though it's possible that TSR doesn't know, or that she got permission. Or all sorts of background things. Smiley
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 January 19, 09:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking through the retired folks at TSR, DEE, BitsyBus, Betterbesims, Boutique Emille. Solander, ToddFX. all the people I liked. Maybe they get in there, and see whats it about, and drop out or burn out.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 January 19, 09:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You I've noticed a lot of the same stuff on FAs' own websites and the stuff on TSR, yeah there's more on TSR but there's still some of the stuff out there for free.  NeptuneSuzy being one of them.  

BTW  have you noticed that a lot of people that have fairly large sites are posting things on mts2?  An advertizing gimmick now that they can't post their updates on s2c?  Bluesims being an example

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 January 19, 10:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Maybe they get in there, and see whats it about, and drop out or burn out.

Considering they must post a certain amount of uploads to continue being an FA, that's more than likely. I think some of those (besides BE) "retired" when TSR went pay, as well.

Quote from: "OneEyedWillie"
You I've noticed a lot of the same stuff on FAs' own websites and the stuff on TSR, yeah there's more on TSR but there's still some of the stuff out there for free.  NeptuneSuzy being one of them.  

It occurred to me (and this applies to the above as well) that it was probably only discouraged until TSR went all-pay. Some of the FAs weren't being paid then either.
And some of those people may have been SAs at the time they posted it. Or as with the SimsAddict example, it's possible that posting it somewhere else first is/was an exception.
At any rate, that's not the way things are now that the FA content is all paid.

Quote from: "OneEyedWillie"
BTW  have you noticed that a lot of people that have fairly large sites are posting things on mts2?  An advertizing gimmick now that they can't post their updates on s2c?  Bluesims being an example

Yep, this has been going on for a long time. Exnem was especially obnoxious with it, giving one item while showing multiple large pics of pay items- sometimes unrelated to what he uploaded.
There's more now that Delphy's publicly said he's ok with it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: