PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 15:59:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5284 Members
Latest Member: mobequi
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  helaenes website may be closing but read this
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: helaenes website may be closing but read this  (Read 25050 times)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
helaenes website may be closing but read this
« Reply #60 on: 2007 January 19, 13:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "OneEyedWillie"
BTW  have you noticed that a lot of people that have fairly large sites are posting things on mts2?  An advertizing gimmick now that they can't post their updates on s2c?  Bluesims being an example

I did that with my last window set.  But it wasn't so much to bring more people to simlogical but that no one hardly ever comes to my site and I had worked so long on that set I didn't want it wasted unused.  I didn't put it on simlogical too though, it only went on MTS2

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2007 January 19, 13:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "teadrinker"
Quote from: "OneEyedWillie"
BTW  have you noticed that a lot of people that have fairly large sites are posting things on mts2?  An advertizing gimmick now that they can't post their updates on s2c?  Bluesims being an example

I did that with my last window set.  But it wasn't so much to bring more people to simlogical but that no one hardly ever comes to my site and I had worked so long on that set I didn't want it wasted unused.  I didn't put it on simlogical too though, it only went on MTS2

I go/went to simlogical...a LOT. I'm still attempting to use some of your hacks in my Pets-ified game.
Of course, none of my hacks are showing up, so it doesn't matter. :wink: But hey, it's the thought that counts, right? :lol:  Cool

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 January 19, 17:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "LesserOr"

Yep, this has been going on for a long time. Exnem was especially obnoxious with it, giving one item while showing multiple large pics of pay items- sometimes unrelated to what he uploaded.
There's more now that Delphy's publicly said he's ok with it.

Ahh but I'm not OK with it.  In fact, people that do that now will quickly find themselves either getting rejected, or have thier stuff tagged or edited.  Advertising anything that isn't totally relevant to the download (like other recolours on MTS2) or even just to say "Go visit my site here!", is a no-go.

We've also removed displaying signatures in the download details since 1) Most people have crap sigs anyway and 2) Those that do have sites got free advertising from having it displayed.

Make of that what you will.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2007 January 19, 18:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Delphy"
We've also removed displaying signatures in the download details since 1) Most people have crap sigs anyway and 2) Those that do have sites got free advertising from having it displayed.

Aww. That sucks.  :cry:

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 January 19, 18:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I like those changes.  I have nothing to make of it, it's quite plain English to me.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Pwing
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 January 19, 18:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a good thing to me. *if* I ever was to upload something on a spot such as that and I actually used the forum enough to bother with an av and sig, I wouldn't want my sig bogging down the bottom of all my downloads.
Anne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 January 19, 20:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting- do you remember who this was? What did TSR do with her stuff, especially the non-hair bits

On TSR, her name was 'Milla' and she had/has a site called 'SimsBeauty' where she goes by the name of Katherine, I believe...I don't know about non-hair bits, but Thomas had allegedly gotten permission from the poser artist(s) to modify and reupload at least one of her hair meshes.
icedwhitemocha
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 January 20, 00:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh but I'm not OK with it.  In fact, people that do that now will quickly find themselves either getting rejected, or have thier stuff tagged or edited.  Advertising anything that isn't totally relevant to the download (like other recolours on MTS2) or even just to say "Go visit my site here!", is a no-go.

Another step in the right direction - thanks, Delphy.

KA Polonius.
Exnem sims
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 January 20, 02:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Advertising anything that isn't totally relevant to the download (like other recolours on MTS2) or even just to say "Go visit my site here!", is a no-go.

Excellent. Thank you, that was extremely obnoxious.

Quote from: "Anne"
On TSR, her name was 'Milla' and she had/has a site called 'SimsBeauty' where she goes by the name of Katherine, I believe...I don't know about non-hair bits, but Thomas had allegedly gotten permission from the poser artist(s) to modify and reupload at least one of her hair meshes.

Googling says her site is dead (there's a German "SimsBeauty", but it's not likely the same thing.)
For the curious, the only TSR hit I get is a Sims2Sisters recolor set as part of the TSR archive. It includes the mesh.
http://www.sims2.thesimsresource.com/downloads/sims2/body/390814/
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 January 20, 06:13:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lessor Delphy's taking a stand with them, I say great. its not obnoxious of him, I think its great.Its hard Exnem uploads 2 varieties of his tacos , but then he says for more go to site. I go to the site, I have to subscribe 8.95 a month to get the rest. Many cave in I want that food! So he just got from MTS2 free advertising, plus all the free tools from the site to make the food with that he charges everyone for, and paid subscriptions. If it hadn't been for MTs2 he couldn't makethe cc, to add insult to injury he now uses the site to get free advertising. What if exnem says he wants to upload and Delphy said change of policy, we need new servers, you want to advertise (just making up a figure) $300 a banner per week but no uploads allowed from pay sites.

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 January 20, 06:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Lessor Delphy's taking a stand with them, I say great. its not obnoxious of him, I think its great.

I think you read that as sarcasm when it wasn't. Smiley
The advertising was obnoxious, and I'm thankful Delphy's doing something about it.
janelle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 January 20, 07:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i agree that including pictures of non-included items, and mentioning non-related items is annoying, but i liked having the link to a creator's site right there at the bottom of his or her initial post. But i concede that i may be in the minority on that regard. Either way, it's still a small thing to give up in order to stop the Exnem-type bs that goes on.

Thanks Delphy.
LesserOr
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 January 20, 07:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "janelle"
but i liked having the link to a creator's site right there at the bottom of his or her initial post.

It's still in their profile, though.
Some people can't keep themselves from taking a mile out of that inch.
Got_Nerd
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 January 20, 08:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also liked it - it meant I could easily find smaller sites with really good artists.

I'd prefer if it was just paysites that were banned from advertising.  If the smaller, free sites were included also, one might not even know that they have a site...

*shrugs*  I agree with Janelle

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy/]PeggySims2[/url]
OpenHouseJack
Exnem Sims
Soup Parrot
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 January 20, 08:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Soup Parrot"
Lessor Delphy's taking a stand with them, I say great. its not obnoxious of him, I think its great.

I think you read that as sarcasm when it wasn't. Smiley
The advertising was obnoxious, and I'm thankful Delphy's doing something about it.

yea it was confusing looked sarcastic at Delphy I'msorry Smiley

fficial Sim Club member in all Sim World: Nouk, Marcossi, Moune, Orange Mittens, Nengi,, Fanseelamb, to many to list thei the best.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: