PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 04, 08:03:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5286 Members
Latest Member: Flybulle
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  On a slightly more positive note
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: On a slightly more positive note  (Read 11379 times)
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
On a slightly more positive note
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 29, 15:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A reason that some people think they can make outrageously offensive posts/emails like that is the fact that they are on the internet, and therefore anonymous. If one of the little weasels had to face you, they would be much more considerate, or risk a punch in the face. Anyone can be an asshole if nobody knows who they are.

Still watching you guys
leilatigress
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 29, 18:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have on rare occasions sent in a request from a creator for a different color but usually I just recolor it myself and I have actually sent the recolor to the creator and asked if they wanted it.  Some do some don't some flame me for not being thankful and they have taken a holier then thou wow aren't I special and you aren't attitude.  I am incredibly thankful for those that take the time to create and more thankful for those that take the time to not only create but make tutorials to help you create.

f you have nothing witty to say it is better to be silent
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
MoonDragon
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 30, 00:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for letting us know about this.  I rarely read frontpage blurbs.  The people who inspired that statement really have some some nerve.  I had to go add my support.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 04, 10:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I signed the book about a week ago after reading Kathy's comments about the situation on InSim. Kate, to me, is one of those folks who embody what the community should and can be about. To hear that she's been harassed to the point of having to defend herself, and the artists on her site, was just sad. And it makes me wonder if it was just random idiots or possibly, a more organized attempt to harass and possibly close a free site. (nah, no one's that evil, right?)
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 04, 11:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SnarkyShark"
And it makes me wonder if it was just random idiots or possibly, a more organized attempt to harass and possibly close a free site. (nah, no one's that evil, right?)

You're not paranoid if they are really out to get you.

I, for one, thought it was very interesting how the whole Delphy "scandal" blew up mere hours (or so it seemed) after the "EA is gonna getchu, sucka paysites!" emails made the rounds.

How better to distract the community at large to a huge hit against paysites than by digging up some ancient drama, recruiting a bunch of naive twelve year olds, exaggerating the drama, throwing in some looney-tune "cult advisory" bullcrap, and copypasta'ing it on ever forum under the sun?

Perhaps we need to re-post EA's "Paysites are illegally broaching our copyright" notes, and this time do so just as far and wide as the Delphy slander (Oh hell, is slander the verbal one or the written one?) / libel post was "shared".

If we want to be really snarky, we can then also spoof the "I didn't have anything to do with it at all" butt-covering LyricLee blog posts for lulz.

YARRR!

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 04, 12:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I half-suspect that the nast comments were from pro-paysite folks, as an attempt to try and drive off another free site.

After all, if the free-sites go away......

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 04, 12:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole "Delphi Drama" was pretty obvious. But it does point to the fact that things are heating up in the simming community (if they're not hot already). So free sites might consider the possibility that they might be targeted. At the very least they can prepare for it mentally. I mean, if Kate and Co. had known it was planned by people with a financial stake involved in the collapse of free sites (if, in fact, it was) maybe then the abuse would have just rolled of their backs.
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 04, 13:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lorelei"

...Perhaps we need to re-post EA's "Paysites are illegally broaching our copyright" notes, and this time do so just as far and wide as the Delphy slander (Oh hell, is slander the verbal one or the written one?) / libel post was "shared".

Libel is written and/or published, with the intention or effect of destroying a person's reputation and/or ability to do business. Libel is normally untrue. If it is true, it is not usually libel, unless it is done with malice.

Slander is verbally doing the same thing, but I believe it has to be spreading untruths, with malice.

Bottom line...If I were a lawyer (and I am not. I only play one on TV) I would sue for libel. This was done maliciously, true or not. There seems to be a case for libel, especially since the writer of the piece announced his/her intentions by saying they were out to destroy someone's reputation.

Still watching you guys
Alphess
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 04, 13:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"
Quote from: "Lorelei"

...Perhaps we need to re-post EA's "Paysites are illegally broaching our copyright" notes, and this time do so just as far and wide as the Delphy slander (Oh hell, is slander the verbal one or the written one?) / libel post was "shared".

Omitted for space...

Bottom line...If I were a lawyer (and I am not. I only play one on TV) I would sue for libel. This was done maliciously, true or not. There seems to be a case for libel, especially since the writer of the piece announced his/her intentions by saying they were out to destroy someone's reputation.

I'm no lawyer either... but I sincerely hope Delphy is considering sueing these people... Rumours like these are no joke, and can affect a person later in life in so many ways... If I were Delphy I'd want some serious proof that I had tried to defend myself so when later in life some bigwig who's about to give him a bigwig job says, "oh we heard this rumour about your dealings with members of your forums years ago..." He'd have court records to prove what was what....

'm not really a pirate, but I play one on the intarwebz.
MizzKitty
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 04, 15:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A private person sueing internet peoplez for libel? Not saying it couldn't happen only that a) it sounds very American to me (sue, sue, SUE!!!) and b) I would honestly like to see how much Delphy would gain from it in the end.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 04, 17:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Random interesting fact*: Residents of Northern Ireland are actually the most litigous people in the Western world...an estimated 50% of them currently have or recently had law suits pending.

*Not sure where I heard that..probably after a difficult meeting with co-workers in Northern Ireland.  I know it's a high number, though.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Sherry
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 04, 17:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow I can't believe some people feel they are entitled to act in such a way.  Then again, I don't usually understand the way people act anyway so I could be far off in my assumptions of what others consider appropriate behavior.

It's good at least she is putting things into perspective.  I left a message of support as well.

Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery -- Crow
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 04, 20:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've recently noticed a slightly new poll up at Parsimonious.
Since currently donations from visitors covers less than 3% of Parsimonious yearly expenses, how do you think the site should be funded?

One of the options on the poll is for Parsimonious to go to subscriptions (which 8% have picked) and another is to have pay per sets/items (of which 4% picked). They have a few other options but the most popular one by far is the idea of continuing to use advertising.

Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 04, 20:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"1.6%  - The site should close"

:?

I'd hate to see Parsimonious close.  I don't have piles of stuff from them, but I have just enough that I keep going back in case I find something interesting.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 04, 21:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We should set up some funding for sites that are older than a year, popular, but hardly get donations. But how would we go about that? :|

Inactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: