PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 06, 23:26:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5286 Members
Latest Member: Flybulle
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  On a slightly more positive note
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: On a slightly more positive note  (Read 11411 times)
silver
ARR!

View Profile
On a slightly more positive note
« Reply #30 on: 2007 June 04, 21:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. I am not alone.

I've been posting on various forums that as paranoid as this sounds, it seems like the rude, annoying, and sometimes, downright false statements against free site owners and creators have stepped up considerably over the last six months or so .... ever since a lot of paysite owners got a whiff that a certain anti-paysite board was pricking a hole in the paysite owners' egos. Ever since several free site owners and creators have openly spurned paysite advances or have openly criticized paysites.

New creators get snide first or second comments openly stating that their creations stink, whether they do or not, or people start nit-picking and get the creations tossed off because of some obscure board rule intepreration that almost no one else cares about. People like Kate, Warlokk and Nouk are getting some of the most stupid-ass comments I have seen on ANY board. Some of the comments are barely literate in ANY language. A seven-year conviction is SUDDENLY of immediate importance. (Why now?)
I'm even seeing story writers getting nasty comments about their writing style.

ALL coincidences?
Alphess
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 June 04, 21:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "MizzKitty"
A private person sueing internet peoplez for libel? Not saying it couldn't happen only that a) it sounds very American to me (sue, sue, SUE!!!) and b) I would honestly like to see how much Delphy would gain from it in the end.

No I don't really think he would "gain" anything from it, not financially anyway, I just think it couldn't hurt to stand up for oneself... at least when one is being called a child molester...

And with Parsimonious, one of my favorite sites... how come that one message leaver used 'Peggy' specifically? How'd it go, "make me some hairs like Peggy, I don't want to have to pay for them" I'm mostly an outside observer with all this paysite/freesite stuff... but even with the little bit of it I've followed it sure seemed like Peggy would be the most likely suspect for leaving a message like that... maybe that was mentioned earlier in this thread, sorry if it was...

'm not really a pirate, but I play one on the intarwebz.
Ash Redfern
Infamous Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 June 04, 21:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "N0uK!!EINZ"
We should set up some funding for sites that are older than a year, popular, but hardly get donations. But how would we go about that? :|

This would be a nice idea if possible. While I don't have a whole lot from Parsimonious in my game, I would still hate to see it go. They have some creative individuals there who freely share their talents with the community.

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 June 04, 22:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ash_Redfern"
Quote from: "N0uK!!EINZ"
We should set up some funding for sites that are older than a year, popular, but hardly get donations. But how would we go about that? :|

This would be a nice idea if possible. While I don't have a whole lot from Parsimonious in my game, I would still hate to see it go. They have some creative individuals there who freely share their talents with the community.

I second all that. Kate's creators sometimes make very ...um.....interesting pieces I wouldn't put in my game, but I completely respect her desire to stand out (and truly, don't some of these sites blend together?), her vehement desire to stay a free site, and she's an awesome person...funny, considerate, passionate (she's made me howl in laughter more than once in emails).

There HAS to be some way we can support free sites....after all, it's money better spent.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 June 05, 02:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm confused. Didn't Parsimonous state that they didn't want any donations a while back? They had an amusing blurb about how they would only buy cake.

I just donated to them and I would have much sooner if I'd known they needed it.  :shock:
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 June 05, 08:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
Well, I'm confused. Didn't Parsimonous state that they didn't want any donations a while back? They had an amusing blurb about how they would only buy cake.

I just donated to them and I would have much sooner if I'd known they needed it.  :shock:

They used to have the cake thing.  But I think recently, just like MTS2's jump in visitors, they've had one too.  They kind of hid it for a while - in an obscure page - it's good they put it on the front page.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 June 05, 09:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silver"

I've been posting on various forums that as paranoid as this sounds, it seems like the rude, annoying, and sometimes, downright false statements against free site owners and creators have stepped up considerably over the last six months or so .... ever since a lot of paysite owners got a whiff that a certain anti-paysite board was pricking a hole in the paysite owners' egos.

Silver, it is so true. Of course some of it is still idiots, but a majority (a vast majority at that) are paysite people...whether they are owners, creators or just downloaders/ass kissers.  :roll:

Its ridiculus imao..

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: