PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 16:22:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5284 Members
Latest Member: mobequi
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 782726 times)
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #855 on: 2007 September 24, 20:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "RenegadeSims"
BigTruckGirl - you need to have a site with your paintings - they're lovely.  I like the black & white set, but I loved the second set even more.  I don't know what other work you've done/where to find it, but I'd love to see!  You should definitely put them up somewhere besides MediaFire.

Awe thanks.  :oops:

I only have them here really. Maybe one day I will submit them to MTS2 or somewhere and I have only done these (the ones throughout this thread) and a few pieces of "art" for my own game.

I am glad that you enjoy them. Smiley

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: 2007 September 24, 22:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
They're good - nice colours.  As for the art of drawing hair, I know that Hysterical Paroxysm at MTS2 uses some photoshop brushes.  The ones designed for hair - that way you get strands apparently.  Don't know, myself.  Cheesy

There are also hundreds of hair brushes for Gimp at deviantart. I just found them myself and am playing around with them.

redisenchanted
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: 2007 September 24, 22:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "neriana"
Quote from: "calalily"
They're good - nice colours.  As for the art of drawing hair, I know that Hysterical Paroxysm at MTS2 uses some photoshop brushes.  The ones designed for hair - that way you get strands apparently.  Don't know, myself.  Cheesy

There are also hundreds of hair brushes for Gimp at deviantart. I just found them myself and am playing around with them.

Woot! Thanks for the info. I love the Gimp.
silver
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: 2007 September 25, 00:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"

7 Deadly Sins (Grilled Cheese): http://www.mediafire.com/?bll2g1tyz0i

Is anyone else having a lot of trouble downloading this file? I keep getting a "Page Cannot be Found" message. Either that, or the page just hangs.

I can download every other Mediafire file listed here. I just can't download this one or the Moon Goddess one.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #859 on: 2007 September 25, 00:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works for me.

You must not be holding your tongue right.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #860 on: 2007 September 25, 02:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "silver"
Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"

7 Deadly Sins (Grilled Cheese): http://www.mediafire.com/?bll2g1tyz0i

Is anyone else having a lot of trouble downloading this file? I keep getting a "Page Cannot be Found" message. Either that, or the page just hangs.

I can download every other Mediafire file listed here. I just can't download this one or the Moon Goddess one.

If you are still having trouble with it. PM me your email and I will just email you the zip file. Smiley

(but yeah it is working for me too.)

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #861 on: 2007 September 25, 02:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "redisenchanted"
Quote from: "neriana"

Woot! Thanks for the info. I love the Gimp.

You can also play around with making your own once you've seen a few, all you need to do is make a grayscale image in the shape you'd want your brush to be, and export it as a brush file for the program you're using.

The only thing keeping me back from retexturing more hair is that I'm having major issues getting my tablet to behave the way I'd like it to in PSP XI, and I've no other options, because I will not be able to draw textures using the touchpad on my laptop.

...I might just find my PSP 8 install CD and put that on this computer if I can't sort out the pressure issues with the version I've got now, because I'd rather lose a couple functions than lose the tablet behaviors I've already gotten used to.  Sad
Aikane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: 2007 September 25, 05:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While we're on the subject of retextured hair... Smiley I didn't much like this until I got it into the game where it actually doesn't look too bad...

There's a few glaring errors in there but not too bad for a first go? Smiley
pinksmoke
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 2007 September 25, 08:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's amazing for a first try! Good job.

quote="Black Rose"]
Maybe I should change my name to "Penny" and mesh some ugly hairs to get by. LOL[/quote]

Jess Maree's unofficial stalker; because CookiePirate isn't cutting it anymore.
Kariana
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: 2007 September 25, 12:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's really good Aikane, I'd never manage to produce something like that on my first attempt (and probably not on my hundredth attempt either).

I don't really know anything about Gimp, I use Photoshop 7, so brushes for Gimp are no good to me (unless they can be converted or used in both programs?) I do have a tablet though, which is severely underused so if I can find some photoshop hair brushes I might give retexuring a go. I have some nice meshes with rubbish textures in my game.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: 2007 September 25, 15:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aikane, I personally usually like my custom hairs shinier (to download, I've yet to attempt a hair recolor and meshing scares me although I've resolved to try before the month is out). However, that one would go along with the Maxis ones so incredibly well...better than most I've seen. Nice quality, great shape, clear yet not glaring part. Bravo!

I use Photoshop 6.0. In the dark ages, am I. It's pretty good for my purposes, which are mostly photo editing with some random recolors (the vast majority kept in my own files because they skate the line of copyright infringement).

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Anyerfillag
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: 2007 September 25, 16:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aikane: Lovely recolours! I used to have that mesh ingame but the high forehead it produced on every fricken sim annoyed me to no end :x

PMBD - Its not a fake-ass glitter funfest where everyone is wonderful and luuuuved (Ashbashtus)
LilyLocksley
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: 2007 September 25, 18:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aikane, I actually really like that hair a lot. I also usually fo for the shiny hair, but yours has a nice sort of natural quality to it. Well that and it really looks close to my own natural hair color.
karu
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: 2007 September 25, 19:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if there are any glaring errors,  I cannot see them.  it looks great!  BTW Karminger,  maybe you could show/share some of your handiwork?
JFederated
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: 2007 September 25, 22:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Anyerfillag"
Aikane: Lovely recolours! I used to have that mesh ingame but the high forehead it produced on every fricken sim annoyed me to no end :x

Me likey that hair too, Aikane.   Cheesy  Slightly shiny hair is fine with me, but I do also appreciate those that are textured more like those that come with the game.

Anyerfillag - that billboardian forehead thing has bothered me since base game, no CC.  The crown (?) for hair on sims is just too damn far up their heads unless you move their faces up and then you get weird looking descendents for the rest of your life, bah.

Or you utilize bangs/fringe like I do in real life to lessen the glare off my own giant forehead.

Bring me a bag of Bigfoot droppings or SHUT UP!  --  Prof. Hubert Farnsworth
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: