PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 02:41:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5285 Members
Latest Member: breakinme
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 199 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)  (Read 805389 times)
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
Look at what I made and worship me! (Post Your Creations)
« Reply #825 on: 2007 September 20, 02:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "lasciel"
are those 7DS ones from deviant art? if they are, yay! they're such gorgeous images Cheesy

Yes they are. Cheesy

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 2007 September 20, 04:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recognized the 7DS set right away from DA.. It's a gorgeous set.  Vanity and envy are my favorites.   Cheesy  Wrath has quite a bit of power to me too.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Irish Wench
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 2007 September 20, 11:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are gorgeous BTG. I would be gluttony  :lol:
DeeDee
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 2007 September 20, 11:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that 7DS set. Cheesy

I've tried before to find Enayla's work on painting for the sims, but i don't think she'd allow that.... i still admire her pictures, such great talent.

harmari, where the sharmy keepsh itsh weaponsh.
Chienne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 2007 September 20, 12:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hecubus, your Falling Water is stunning.  I can't imagine how much effort it must take to reproduce the place so exactly.  Just amazing.

I hate the real Falling Water, because it seems to me that Wright is more interested in showing off what an artist he is than in making a house that's actually livable -- when I took a tour of the place, the guide didn't show us the kitchen because "Mr. Wright doesn't like kitchens."  Um, it's usually considered the heart of the house.  What kind of jerk shortchanges someone else's kitchen because HE doesn't cook?

But even though I don't like Falling Water, I still like your simmification of the place -- it's amazingly detailed and accurate, a real masterpiece!
SparklePlenty
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #830 on: 2007 September 20, 13:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Chienne"
Hecubus, your Falling Water is stunning.  I can't imagine how much effort it must take to reproduce the place so exactly.  Just amazing.

I hate the real Falling Water, because it seems to me that Wright is more interested in showing off what an artist he is than in making a house that's actually livable -- when I took a tour of the place, the guide didn't show us the kitchen because "Mr. Wright doesn't like kitchens."  Um, it's usually considered the heart of the house.  What kind of jerk shortchanges someone else's kitchen because HE doesn't cook?

But even though I don't like Falling Water, I still like your simmification of the place -- it's amazingly detailed and accurate, a real masterpiece!

If you read a biography of Mr. Wright, you will find that he WAS a jerk. He had no regard for women or families...he lived with his lover and her children, never interacted with any of them unless he was forced to, including his own wife and kids. He felt that the buildings he built were all about the art, not about people. (At least that is the impression I got from reading his biography.)

Still watching you guys
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #831 on: 2007 September 20, 14:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, he was a prick. But in this case, I can separate the art from the man, because while his residences may not have been terrificly liveable, many of his innovations changed architecture for the better.

The book I spent most of the time with - Fallingwater, by Edgar Kauffmann Jr., talks about how difficult FLW was to work with - he purposly underestimated costs, changed specs during the build, etc. But Kauffmann's parents - who commissioned the home and lived there from 1937 to 1969 - were still pleased with the results, despite a seemingly constant repair/rennovation cycles.

I'm fascinated by the man, though, and am thinking about an examination of his southwestern compunds for possible simmification.

Regarding the kitchen: not sure why you wouldn't go in there on the tour...I couldn't do it in the game, but in the orginal, the outcropping of rock actually forms one of the counters at the window. And the kitchen itself was sleek and warm (that Tranquility kitchen from Holy Simoly is remarkably similar...almost scary!).

And thank you. I have been honored by everyone's positive comments.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 2007 September 20, 17:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have a bunch of Frank Lloyd Wright houses in my neighborhood. One is just a block and a half from my house. The current owners fill the entire yard with flowers in the spring...tulips, then hyacinths. There's another house down four blocks from me that I'm not 100% sure is a FLW house...it's in the style, but it doesn't have a plaque outside like most. It's currently on the market for 2.5 mil, though, in an area that isn't the best...houses generally run at 750,000.

Stuff at MTS2, in my 4shared folder, and MATY/Peasantry

LiveJournal w/ story crap
Smarmy Madeline Grimm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 2007 September 21, 00:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember I'm still learning
Chienne
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 2007 September 21, 01:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "SparklePlenty"
If you read a biography of Mr. Wright, you will find that he WAS a jerk. He had no regard for women or families...he lived with his lover and her children, never interacted with any of them unless he was forced to, including his own wife and kids. He felt that the buildings he built were all about the art, not about people. (At least that is the impression I got from reading his biography.)

Thanks for the information!  It's nice to have my intuitions vindicated by actual facts. :-)
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 2007 September 21, 01:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Frank Lloyd Wright was probably a narcissist. As in, had narcissistic personality disorder. One of the few people with that disorder who actually succeeded in life.

I visited Falling Water with an engineer, and he told me about all the ways in which is was built wrong. They were in the midst of rebuilding it to try to get it to actually last. Wright could only see his vision; he didn't particularly care about anything else. Also, the house was meant to be a summer residence, so it didn't really need to be livable in many ways.

I still think it's a gorgeous work of art.

lasciel
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #836 on: 2007 September 21, 05:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I need to go into "squidfingers anonymous" :shock: I made another set...

phasmatic sims | part of the wicked nouk family
Dachs or puppy-girl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: 2007 September 21, 12:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are nice. I like those sofas.

Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #838 on: 2007 September 21, 13:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lasciel, what are you doing to me? my arizona recolor folder is already bursting at the seams,

but  
can
not  

resist      

patterns so      

cool    

must      

have      

now      

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
lasciel
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #839 on: 2007 September 21, 14:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I weaned myself off squidfingers for a lil bit to do some simple recolours - GLS was lacking in colour Sad

phasmatic sims | part of the wicked nouk family
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 199 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: