PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:05:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  "This article is a stub. You can help out by..."
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "This article is a stub. You can help out by..."  (Read 28505 times)
Mutiny
Landlubber

View Profile
"This article is a stub. You can help out by..."
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 13, 00:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are these people that prudish? Scary...my mother just handed me a biology book at age six no questions asked...  Smiley
Vee
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 May 13, 00:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"

Hey, on another note, I was at s2c in the other window, and I know before the big crash of ot 6, there was a lot of hate for oniella.  Just for those of you who might rejoice, she's been temporarily banned.

http://forums.sims2community.com/member.php?userid=141902

Heh. I got banned about an hour ago.

I'm honestly sick of that place. Too many rules. Too many rule followers.
Yaardarm Monkey
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 13, 01:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
I saw that, Calalily!  What the fuck is with all the foulness on this site?  You all make me so damn sick.  Christ.

Foulness?

You mean like your post with:
(a) profanity  (what the fuck)
and
(b) blasphemy  (Christ)

Tongue

pot calling kettle......   :wink:
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 13, 01:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mutiny"
Are these people that prudish? Scary...my mother just handed me a biology book at age six no questions asked...  Smiley

Yeah, they seem to be the majority in the united states right now and there are people even more extreme than that..  not wanting you to masturbate or use condoms so you can bring children into this world you can't support or care for..

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 13, 03:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I saw an episode of "Bullshit" that talked about sex ed in the US, or at least the abstinance "learning" that was going on. It made me laugh out loud, and then get a little sad at the same time.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 13, 10:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Vee, but oniella is an asskisser.

Quote from: "Yaardarm Monkey"
I saw that, Calalily!  What the fuck is with all the foulness on this site?  You all make me so damn sick.  Christ.

Foulness?

You mean like your post with:
(a) profanity  (what the fuck)
and
(b) blasphemy  (Christ)

Tongue

pot calling kettle......   :wink:

OH! The lack of ladies in this thread is despicable! The times that I have to avert my eyes! I cannot look for fear of foulness! FOULNESS EVERYWHERE!!

You, Yaardarm Monkey are certainly no lady - to categorise the words in such ways, and then to *shame* know examples!

And as for those of you using such terms as *avert your eyes* vagasaurus *look back again* - this is not the words of a lady.  It is either "my lady place" if one is coarse, or my garden of delights if, like me you are a lady.

When will you fucking cunts get it right?

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 13, 13:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Checked through her last posts, but I don't know. *Wish* I knew. Cheesy

Her last posts didn't really say much, so it was either deleted or occurred behind the scenes--it was the first thing I did after posting, check out her posts to see if she said anything dumb.

---

This site is profane and hypocritical!  I hope you assholes are all happy with yourselves, destroying the innocence of the poor little children that might be here in this hellhole.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 May 13, 13:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're experiencing a strange state of affairs when it comes to sexuality...and almost everything, frankly... in the US right now...

The modus operandi in the 'sanctioned' public discourse is Scaring is Caring: make us fear the internet, the Muslims, the feminists, the gays, the teachers, and sex itself ...and we will follow. It's fire and brimstone meets democracy.

It's unfortunate that evangelical Christianity has produced this non-secular attitude. Healthens like me were, unfortunately, blindsided by it, and so while we scramble to make changes, we watch sex ed being all about abstinence rather than safety, creationism being introduced back into science classes, etc.

And so...we have in government, in classrooms, in many areas of life, a resurgence of Puritan ethic: God is the only authority, and everything subsequently is a black and white issue. Good and evil. Pure and soiled. Saved and unsaved. Sacred and profane.

It's a scary thing...not every American believes all that, of course...but it's more prevalent than people like me wish it to be.

<sigh>

I hope we get a president in 2008 who doesn't consider the Constitution 'a suggestion'.

/soapbox

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 May 13, 14:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Her last posts didn't really say much, so it was either deleted or occurred behind the scenes--it was the first thing I did after posting, check out her posts to see if she said anything dumb.

Well I noted in the FAQ of site issues that they've now included spamming (which to my mind means that they have to erase that silly of silliness the funny things and blogthings section, yet they haven't) and excessive quotes used to harass people.  Personally, I think at least half the posters there need a kick in the arse.

It can't be because of the whole paysite thing, because we know oniella is the love slut of paysites.  I just wonder if she'll come back.  Cheesy

You and your language! I am soooo fucking sick of you acting like you are a lady! I have had just about as fucking much as I can take, and you are one cunt hair away from being shit kicked to hell.  

Quote from: "Hecubus"
It's unfortunate that evangelical Christianity has produced this non-secular attitude. Healthens like me were, unfortunately, blindsided by it, and so while we scramble to make changes, we watch sex ed being all about abstinence rather than safety, creationism being introduced back into science classes, etc.

Note that I like the Freudian slip typing here - mistake of heathens with Healthens. Smiley We know what you think is more healthy.  :lol:

I personally believe that it is the political lobbying power now held by the new evangelical churches.  I notice here, where they are just starting to make their presence felt, that they lure in the young professionals, who get a couple of manicures for their troubles, and then use that to push votes, as well as buy political favours.  Not through money (because the state largely funds electoral campaigns here, different to the US) but through having a political stranglehold on the young professional votes.  One of the current government campaigned from one of the big churches in the last election to get that vote.

And of course, these churches are so popular because they really tell you that you're fulfilling God's wishes for you by getting rich (something that Jesus did of course, with his many, many mansions).

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
dr.philthy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 May 13, 19:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol @ vagasaurus MissAngelica :lol:
When I was a kid my mom used to call it, get this, the 'snatchacules' :?
I was a disturbed child Sad

Give 'er.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 May 13, 19:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
We're experiencing a strange state of affairs when it comes to sexuality...and almost everything, frankly... in the US right now...

The modus operandi in the 'sanctioned' public discourse is Scaring is Caring: make us fear the internet, the Muslims, the feminists, the gays, the teachers, and sex itself ...and we will follow. It's fire and brimstone meets democracy.

I hope we get a president in 2008 who doesn't consider the Constitution 'a suggestion'.

Yes, yes, and, emphatically, YES! Spot on.

I lurves you, Hecubus.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 May 13, 19:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that this absinancy policy is making kids unaware of the dangers of having sex. There have been more pregnancies because of this policy than from simple teen pregnancy. I mean, in places (such as France) where they talk about sex naturally and they have sex shops on the main roads, there is a much lower level of teen pregnancy. MUCH lower.

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
mando
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 May 13, 20:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A great podcast that discusses creationism and ID as a favorite target is the Skeptics Guide to the Universe (http://www.theskepticsguide.org/index.asp), it's a really funny and intelligent show that tackles many of the topics discussed here.

As for the treatment of sexuality and sex education in the US, I am constantly shocked that such a dangerous methodology is the supported one. I know that not everywhere in the US treats these topics the same way, but there is still a large portion of the population being taught that they can simply will their desires away (despite all of the pressures from things like, say, human biology). It also implies that if you fail at remaining abstinent (which I assume almost all of these students would) or heterosexual (because it's just a choice, right?  :roll: ), and get into trouble or need to talk to someone, that it's your own fault for not being strong enough to not give in. God forbid anyone get correct information about prevention of STDs or avoiding teen pregnancy through the use of condoms and other contraceptives.

(Edit: spelling mistake!)
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 May 13, 20:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember when they wanted to put condom machines (you can buy condoms for a small fee) in high school bathrooms and there was a huge stink about that.  Teenagers are going to have sex no matter what and to have access to condoms is great.  It's like those tampon machines they put in bathrooms.  Just because it's there doesn't mean people *have* to buy them, ya know?  So the idea that having condoms for sale is encouraging them to have sex is just silly.

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Ghanima Atreides
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 May 13, 21:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah my mother had this "abstinence or death, your choice my dear" attitude (not because of religion, but because she couldn't bear the thought I suppose). It accomplished one thing only: that it made damn sure she had no idea what I was actually doing (and it wasn't actually having sex, I waited some time for that) but just made sure I was supremely secretive about my life, and that I left the house as soon as I could. Personally, I'd rather teach children (once they're old enough) about the perks and dangers alike and let them make their own choices, because ultimately it boils down to that: having enough information to make the right choice for yourself. I think a lot of parents have this attitude because they're terrified of the idea that their kids might make a bad choice -as if that's avoidable in life.

Anatidaephobia - the fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: