PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 10:51:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  So...who runs this site?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So...who runs this site?  (Read 10872 times)
Kraken
Landlubber

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 13, 14:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(out of lurk mode)  

Once you've tried some of these so called creations (that would force you to sell a kidney to donate to all of those sites in the booty) you'll be taking them out faster than you put them in.

Mind you there is something pleasing about watching the ugly townies sporting gap ridden peggy and rose hair while special CAS sims go about a la Nouk!  Means I can spot a townie quickly when it shows itself. :lol:
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 13, 14:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kracken, you mean the Dizzy Gilespie cheeks and jowls aren't clue enough?  :wink:

I have removed more content in the last six months...I can recall downloading practically every community item from Sims2Studio, for example, and then watching my game turn into a fiery ball visible from space.

Delete delete delete delete.....

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Kraken
Landlubber

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 13, 14:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep the Goopy factor does it every time, makes me cringe.  I stuck him with a Peggy Hair in my game, complete with gaps.  It sort of makes him look complete-ly worse!  :lol:

(edit) I call all of the ugliness of townies the Goopy Factor!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 14, 10:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New legal threat update.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 14, 10:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol it's bullshit. They haven't got a leg to stand on, as we say in Holland.

Inactive
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 14, 11:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I said that, yes. That's why it's a bogus legal threat and is in the mockery section.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
dorquemada
ARR!

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 14, 11:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who's that mysterious Goopy the penultimately ugly Sim that everyone is talking about? Can't be the llama Goopy from uni, 'cause while he isn't particularly cute (as in Shodan's or Schuldig's sense of cyuuuuuteh), he's alright?  :roll:

The Pirate Party!
_____
Every time you can has, God kills a lolcat.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 14, 12:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, hilarious.

That's from world sims, which is a recent paysite edition - this guy quibbles about having to refund $40 to someone who accused him of defrauding the credit card, and so sure of his rightness, the fool took the owner to court, costing himself far more than just refunding the damn money.

http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=10329

As many of you well know, WorldSims in the last few weeks have been battling a chargeback from a Mr. John Sievers. We lost both cases to the issuing credit card company as they sided with Mr. Sievers that the transaction was unauthorized. Sum it up, we're now $40.00 in the hole.

With an at length conversation at PayPal, I can't believe how friviolous the case was built up upon, with the argument saying the transaction was unauthorized. It doesn't make any sense. You don't get anything in return for a donation and it's clearly explicit it is a donation. But alas, the issuing credit card company believes the card was stolen to make such a transaction to gain some sort of advantage and they still sided with the Mr. Sievers. In the last several years with working with credit card companies, people who attempt to defraud the system, there is a need to gain something in return, a product or a good, of some sort that could be used to their benefit. There is none here, and it's a donation but they still feel it's unauthorized. There's no motive and there's no benefit to the person who placed the transaction.

Naturally I'm not happy, as that's money that comes out of the WorldSims expansion budget and throws my entire plans into a muck. Moreso, I'm not happy at the fact there's so many roadblocks in the discovery process that hinders my investigation to whether the transaction was legal or not, short of sending a subpoena and retaining a different set of lawyers to do so. I couldn't even get a city, state to isolate the user.

So thanks to Mr. Sievers here, expect changes. I know these changes are NOT going to be pretty, but thanks to the dishonesty of one person, it ruins it for everyone. I know change does hurt, so these changes will not GO INTO EFFECT until January 2, 2007.

CHANGES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:
-Donation System will now be removed.
-SimsPass will be our primary donation method.
-A CONFIRMED Shipping Address will now be required for ALL US Transactions
-Shipping Information, IP addresses, Transactions will now be documented at length.
-All transactions will now require a PayPal account

UPCOMING CHANGES:
-Due to the nature of now we're required to ship a good, prices will now reflect a shipping and handling fee.
-There maybe additional changes set to increase safety at WorldSims.

All prices will reflect a $5.00-$10.00 increase to cover shipping and handling costs due to the requirement of shipping an item. I've yet to make a full decision on the final prices, but do expect an increase. Price increases will NOT GO INTO EFFECT until January 2, 2007 to allow a transition period to occur.

------

I'm sorry about the price increases, but it was not my intention to increase prices. But because of the rash actions of one individual, I will need to take future steps to protect WorldSims and myself. I'm deeply saddened that I need to take such drastic moves. I do hope this does not put off anyone from contributing to our site in the future. Any questions, please feel free to contact me.

All the best,
ManagerJosh

Shake in your shoes people! Teh lawers is here!

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Kraken
Landlubber

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 14, 12:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That new legal threat has my tentacles shaking :lol:
Bigtruckgirl
Pirate

View Profile WWW
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 14, 13:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "calalily"
Oh, hilarious.

That's from world sims, which is a recent paysite edition - this guy quibbles about having to refund $40 to someone who accused him of defrauding the credit card, and so sure of his rightness, the fool took the owner to court, costing himself far more than just refunding the damn money.

http://forums.worldsims.org/showthread.php?t=10329

As many of you well know, WorldSims in the last few weeks have been battling a chargeback from a Mr. John Sievers. We lost both cases to the issuing credit card company as they sided with Mr. Sievers that the transaction was unauthorized. Sum it up, we're now $40.00 in the hole.

With an at length conversation at PayPal, I can't believe how friviolous the case was built up upon, with the argument saying the transaction was unauthorized. It doesn't make any sense. You don't get anything in return for a donation and it's clearly explicit it is a donation. But alas, the issuing credit card company believes the card was stolen to make such a transaction to gain some sort of advantage and they still sided with the Mr. Sievers. In the last several years with working with credit card companies, people who attempt to defraud the system, there is a need to gain something in return, a product or a good, of some sort that could be used to their benefit. There is none here, and it's a donation but they still feel it's unauthorized. There's no motive and there's no benefit to the person who placed the transaction.

Naturally I'm not happy, as that's money that comes out of the WorldSims expansion budget and throws my entire plans into a muck. Moreso, I'm not happy at the fact there's so many roadblocks in the discovery process that hinders my investigation to whether the transaction was legal or not, short of sending a subpoena and retaining a different set of lawyers to do so. I couldn't even get a city, state to isolate the user.

So thanks to Mr. Sievers here, expect changes. I know these changes are NOT going to be pretty, but thanks to the dishonesty of one person, it ruins it for everyone. I know change does hurt, so these changes will not GO INTO EFFECT until January 2, 2007.

CHANGES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:
-Donation System will now be removed.
-SimsPass will be our primary donation method.
-A CONFIRMED Shipping Address will now be required for ALL US Transactions
-Shipping Information, IP addresses, Transactions will now be documented at length.
-All transactions will now require a PayPal account

UPCOMING CHANGES:
-Due to the nature of now we're required to ship a good, prices will now reflect a shipping and handling fee.
-There maybe additional changes set to increase safety at WorldSims.

All prices will reflect a $5.00-$10.00 increase to cover shipping and handling costs due to the requirement of shipping an item. I've yet to make a full decision on the final prices, but do expect an increase. Price increases will NOT GO INTO EFFECT until January 2, 2007 to allow a transition period to occur.

------

I'm sorry about the price increases, but it was not my intention to increase prices. But because of the rash actions of one individual, I will need to take future steps to protect WorldSims and myself. I'm deeply saddened that I need to take such drastic moves. I do hope this does not put off anyone from contributing to our site in the future. Any questions, please feel free to contact me.

All the best,
ManagerJosh

Shake in your shoes people! Teh lawers is here!

If I am understanding right, don't people actually receive the downloads in exchange for a "donation?" If so, the credit card company and Paypal were 100% right. Is he trying to say that because the item is not "material" that you are not purchasing something with a "donation?" Am I reading this right? I mean this is a paysite right? Not just a forum. They have "member" areas that you have to "donate" to access which contain the downloads... right?

~*~ We always thought we'd look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we'd look back on our laughter and cry. ~*~
silver
ARR!

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 14, 13:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I've overlooked it, but nowhere in the legal notice do I see the name of this "agent" of the "legal department". Ms. Castillo's name is bandied around quite a bit, but not the agent's.

If this "agent" were a lawyer, he or she would also post his or her name on the notice. I doubt that his/her/its parents' last name is Department, and that his or her Mom wanted to name the baby after Mom's brother Uncle WorldSims. I've received enough real legal notices to know that the name of the lawyer, or the very least, the name of the firm (NOT "so-and-so legal department") is on an American legal notice. Also, he or she would cite the specific statute involved.

Also, is Uncle WorldSims Department going to go all the way to Malaysia to try to stop Pescado? What a joke. This guy (ManagerJosh?) definitely made me chuckle, anyway. I guess he'll just jack the subscription prices up higher to cover the difference for the airfare and hotel.

And now I can see why this guy needs to charge $40 more (he gets only  4 to 8 subscriptions a year? hmm .... ). It's to pay that huge legal department he keeps under retainer! Smiley
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 14, 13:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Bigtruckgirl"
If I am understanding right, don't people actually receive the downloads in exchange for a "donation?" If so, the credit card company and Paypal were 100% right. Is he trying to say that because the item is not "material" that you are not purchasing something with a "donation?" Am I reading this right? I mean this is a paysite right? Not just a forum. They have "member" areas that you have to "donate" to access which contain the downloads... right?

It is all frankly gobbledegook to me, and resembles no legal text that I've ever read.  Someone suggested it for My Sim Site, and when I checked it out, I couldn't make heads or tails of it.  

There were other references to this incident, and it seems that the complainant was talking about World Sims charging his card without authorisation. It was merely a donation to the site, such as those donations to Nouk's site, without any benefit to the person who made the transaction.  So, rather than refund the $40, this fool starts a war of attrition about it, and uses this post it seems to justify a paysite.  To be honest, the whole thing is so fragmented and all over the place that it's hard to discern how exactly this system works.

ManagerJosh was also in at the FFFS when it started, lauding his free site assistance, and how he offered free sites to all (looks like one of those early pay sim sites).  I'm pretty sure that Inge booted him soon after.  Of course, this is all sensible fiscal policy if all it takes is $40 to put you in the hole.

Quote from: "silver"
Perhaps I've overlooked it, but nowhere in the legal notice do I see the name of this "agent" of the "legal department".

Letterhead has "worldsims legal department", which is of course, the same "legal department" that made a frivolous lawsuit instead of refunding the $40.  Surprised he hasn't tried to appeal it in The Supreme Court or the Court of Appeal (insert American term) or something.

Quote from: "silver"
Also, is Uncle WorldSims Department going to go all the way to Malaysia to try to stop Pescado?

Don't put it past him - he's willing to go to the mat for $40, I wouldn't be surprised if he did - landing on the docks in Malaysia, and then screaming for the "Pescado server" and bullying the people who live there until he finds it.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 14, 14:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears to be a cut and paste legal form from one of many sites online, where you plug in your info and it generates a letter/form for you.

Silly gurl.

Regarding the $40 thing...how....petty. If it had been $4000, or even $400, it might have been worth complaining about. But forty bucks? I can drink that much in an hour. Forty bucks is child's play.

Oh. Right. She's probably 12. Forty bucks is probably a decent amount when you're 12...especially if you don't get an an allowance.

Silly gurl.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 14, 14:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm, well, I just read that "hot mess" of a legal letter.  I have just one thing to say..

Anything worth downloading from SimFreaks in the booty? :lol:

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
Tchannie
Little Bitch
ARR!

I am Tchan, hear me roar

View Profile WWW
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 14, 14:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm amused.
I'm trying to work out if I'm more amused there is a legal firm called "World Sims", that the SimFreak owner employed such a lawyer to fight her battles for her, that Josh was stupid enough to make a fuss over 40 dollars (and employ such a lawyer) or that Logan-abuse-guy-at-LT is essentially laughing all this off and doing jack all.
How did Pescado get these messages though?

~ It doesn't matter that the FAQ states it as a bad thing, I LIKE being the one and only Little Bitch. ~

Quote from: Jojoba
Poor Pescado...he was just trying to be mean...and then you go and take it as a compliment! Bah humbug!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: