PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 20:26:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  So...who runs this site?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So...who runs this site?  (Read 10875 times)
BudgetMessiah
Landlubber

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« on: 2007 May 02, 00:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, a bit of introduction.  I found this site from a link from a post on the Maxis forums.  I followed the link because I was intrigued; a few other posters commented that this site was ripping off someone who had created content for the game and was taking donations for their work.  After looking around a bit, I felt compelled to register and write this.

Abso-fucking-lutely brilliant!  I find asking for "donations" for content that is clearly derivitive of EA's product, and hence falling under their EULA which prohibits charging for such content, somewhere between distasteful and outright nauseating.  I love the idea, and I applaud your efforts.  

My only advice, though, is that you update your "legal" section.  Some of that stuff is pretty funny, and I'm sure there's a lot more of it that's come to you besides what's listed.  It's quality content in-and-of itself, and that's what this site is all about, right?  

Well, at least that's part of what this site is all about.

Keep up the good work of being bad.
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 02, 01:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh heh...welcome.

You'll soon meet our fearless leader, the one, the only, Pescado! I suspect, if you have suggestions on the legal section, he'd be at least willing to listen. He will make fun of you and probably stomp on your head while he does, but that's just his way of saying 'hi'.

Hope you enjoy our little community. And get yerself a pint of rum...you're suspsicously sober!  :lol:

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 02, 01:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hecubus"
I suspect, if you have suggestions on the legal section, he'd be at least willing to listen. He will make fun of you and probably stomp on your head while he does, but that's just his way of saying 'hi'.

Or:

"That's a great idea.  I'm glad I thought of it!"
Lilyroseisapirate
ARR!

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 02, 02:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

welcome! im am SO happy that a link to this site was found on the BBS, i hate those idiots! (benes, oh my god, benes!-ridiculous) glad you approve. pescado doesnt mean anything by what he says, lol, you have to just learn to love him!

quot;In Soviet Russia, you do not steal content, content steals YOU!\" <br />                             -Pescado
nordicicequeen
Landlubber

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 02, 03:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lilyroseisapirate"
welcome! im am SO happy that a link to this site was found on the BBS, i hate those idiots! (benes, oh my god, benes!-ridiculous)

I found it on the BBS too!
It is nothing compared to this site.
I just love how the people post the same questions over and over there.
They don't know what the "search" button is, and they ask like they're the first people to play the sims ever.

I'd give you two benes, but I'm all out for the next 24 hours.

aawwww peas.... Sad
Doursim
ARR!

View Profile WWW
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 02, 04:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The BBS is a blessing in disguise.  I go there to try an convert people away from the EA site.  Every chance I get I'm like.. "Don't download from the exchange!  Don't look at tutorials in the story exchange.. GUH!"  I also put my 2 cents in whenever people ask about pay stuff too (always with a link to the booty).  Reading the same questions over and friggin' over is taxing, but thinking of all the eyes I'm opening makes it worth while.

url=http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/peggy]peggy[/url]  Peggy sims
BudgetMessiah
Landlubber

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 03, 10:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Lilyroseisapirate"
welcome! im am SO happy that a link to this site was found on the BBS, i hate those idiots! (benes, oh my god, benes!-ridiculous) glad you approve. pescado doesnt mean anything by what he says, lol, you have to just learn to love him!

You know, I'm glad somebody else said something about the EA BBSers and their vomiting of "benes" all over each other.  I've been on enough boards to realize that every one has its own unique culture, but that level of forced cuteness should be beaten out of a person.  I can only imagine a clique of bubblegum popping twelve year old girls convincing some partial lobotomy recipients that saying "kudos" wasn't saccharine enough, and for some reason chirping "good" in Italian was agreed upon as a replacement.  

Eh, maybe I'm just being a grouchy old fuck, but I'm sticking by my position of "beatings for benes".  Which is another reason why I'm glad to have found this place.  

And I hope Piscado at least means what he says about doing this to piss paysite owners off.  I think it's a worthy cause.
missnaughty
ARR!

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 03, 10:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome to the forum, I am quite new myself, and I am enjoying using some of those creations that creators think that charging us money is legal, when it says that creators should not charge money quite clearly in the EA End user licensce.  :lol:
liegenschonheit
Corsair
ARR!

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 03, 18:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you should fit in fine in pescado-land, as Pescado has labeled himself a "fat obstreperous jerk", frequently says such things as "I'm old and I have a long beard!" and bitches about kids today. He also heartily endorses beatings.

Long lost brother, maybe?

Check out  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.net/smf/index.php for more fun with Pescado.

Digital Perversion ** Garden of Shadows
Have you hugged your darker side lately?
BudgetMessiah
Landlubber

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 03, 20:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "liegenschonheit"
Long lost brother, maybe?

Possibly, but more likely a case of "great minds think alike, and fools seldom differ".  :wink:
Tokeitsmokeit
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: So...who runs this site?
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 12, 01:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "BudgetMessiah"
First, a bit of introduction.  I found this site from a link from a post on the Maxis forums.  I followed the link because I was intrigued; a few other posters commented that this site was ripping off someone who had created content for the game and was taking donations for their work.  After looking around a bit, I felt compelled to register and write this.

Abso-fucking-lutely brilliant!  I find asking for "donations" for content that is clearly derivitive of EA's product, and hence falling under their EULA which prohibits charging for such content, somewhere between distasteful and outright nauseating.  I love the idea, and I applaud your efforts.  

My only advice, though, is that you update your "legal" section.  Some of that stuff is pretty funny, and I'm sure there's a lot more of it that's come to you besides what's listed.  It's quality content in-and-of itself, and that's what this site is all about, right?  

Well, at least that's part of what this site is all about.

Keep up the good work of being bad.

Ha Ha so fucking funny! I heard about it on the BBS too. It was nothing but warm fuzzies for PMBD on the thread though. Too funny.
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 12, 04:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Ensign EO"
I suspect, if you have suggestions on the legal section, he'd be at least willing to listen. He will make fun of you and probably stomp on your head while he does, but that's just his way of saying 'hi'.

Or:

"That's a great idea.  I'm glad I thought of it!"

Ha ha! That is exactly what he said when I came up with the names for the newest forums at MATY in honor of the newest MATY Modder.

I was so proud.

And yes, you should fit in quite nicely, BudgetMessiah.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
Lady_Grace
Landlubber

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 12, 15:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome, M'dear. Congrats on being a survivor of the official site.  :shock:  Just thinking about that site makes my bowls explode..

LG
Amazone
Buccaneer
ARR!

The haunted Witch

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 13, 11:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh heh...welcome.

You'll soon meet our fearless leader, the one, the only, Pescado! I suspect, if you have suggestions on the legal section, he'd be at least willing to listen. He will make fun of you and probably stomp on your head while he does, but that's just his way of saying 'hi'.

Hope you enjoy our little community. And get yerself a pint of rum...you're suspsicously sober!  :lol:

Where is that guy? I see his name mentioned often, but i've never
seen the man.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
OneEyedWillie
ARR!

View Profile
So...who runs this site?
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 13, 12:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read some of the threads and you'll see him pop up here and there, and if you notice quite a few people have him quoted in their siggis....

Sloth: [Sloth rips off his shirt revealing a T-Shirt with the Superman 'S' on the front] Sloth!
Jake Fratelli: We're in deep shit now, Francis.
Francis Fratelli: Oh, shit!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: