PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 11:02:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  Huzzah! New Killmark coming?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Huzzah! New Killmark coming?  (Read 19180 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Huzzah! New Killmark coming?
« Reply #45 on: 2007 April 08, 16:22:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah - it is HChangeri - she's got that notice about "pulling a John Galt" - who is a character out of an Ayn Rand novel.  It's in the hate mail section on the front.

PS. I luz winning the internets. Cheesy

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Hecubus
Notorious Pirate

Resident Menstruatrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2007 April 08, 16:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH MY FRICKIN' GOD you're killin' me, Calalily!!

I bow down before your superiorness.

PS: The novel in question is Atlas Shrugged - far too long for a quick read (far too long for a long read, even...think War and Peace PLUS Ulysses). It is a bit odd, but it's also quite reflective of the objectivism movement (aka radical libertarianism)...and it's her most famous work as it is a masterpiece.

For a better sense of Rand and these ideas, read or watch The Fountainhead - the book is shorter and much more to the point, and the film stars Gary Cooper, and how wrong can that be? Or...check out this summary of Atlas Shrugged.

I personally don't agree with all of her ideas; however, I do find some of them quite compelling...and at the very least worthy of consideration.

Thus endeth the lesson. ;-)

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

"There's no such thing as a tasteful drag queen." -  Project RunGay

FAQ
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 April 08, 16:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why did I badly misread that as Atwa Shrugged??! My poor brain...

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

chlyn
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 April 08, 16:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "CaptainJojoba"

LOOOL @ CaptainJ!

'm telling you, boys, I've been across the world
I want an elegant intelligent Boston girl
- Chris Trapper
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 April 08, 17:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some unhealthy obsession... or real loooooooove! Tongue

Inactive
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 2007 April 08, 17:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"

Oh Nouk, you have found me out! I love Atwa..it is I who want her shitty Egyptian rubbish!! O woe me!

BARF

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 April 08, 17:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Nouk"

Oh Nouk, you have found me out! I love Atwa..it is I who want her shitty Egyptian rubbish!! O woe me!

BARF

I'm sure she has more to offer than that... I hear she bakes excellent cookies! *wink wink nudge nudge*

Inactive
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 April 08, 17:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:shock:  

How do you know about the *ahem* 'cookies'?! Nouk, have you been fornicating with my beloved Atwa?!?

Thats it - Atwa, I know you are reading this - its over biatch! *storms off in a stormy mood*

Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 April 08, 17:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine... all mine....

*chomps on delicous sandcookies*

Inactive
chlyn
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 April 08, 18:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody in another forum whose opinion I respect has attributed the demise of SimsHost to the PMBD booty.

I have been simming for years and only just stumbled on this site via a link at Cat and Susim's site; how well known is the booty?

'm telling you, boys, I've been across the world
I want an elegant intelligent Boston girl
- Chris Trapper
Ensign EO
ARR!

Not a cash cow.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 April 08, 18:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plenty of people on S2C know of the booty because there was an uproar about some horrid, horrid site distributing the hard, hard work of paysite owners.  And most people from MATY are familiar with it as well.

I'd say it's pretty well-known.  If not infamous.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2007 April 08, 19:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH MY FRICKIN' GOD you're killin' me, Calalily!!

I bow down before your superiorness.

It will soon disappear - my husband handbakes fresh hot cross buns for me for breakfast every Easter, and it seems to give me a bit of pepper in my step.

But needless to say - I read everything.  I'm not so impressed with Ayn Rand myself.  

I presume that HChangeri was talking about this bit:

"I can tell you who John Galt is...John Galt is the Prometheus who changed his mind." After being torn by vultures for bringing men fire, Francisco says, Galt "withdrew his fire until men withdraw their vultures."

Cause you know - recoloured sims cabinets are as essential in your life as the gift of fire from Prometheus - great analogy Changeri *thumbsup*

Somebody in another forum whose opinion I respect has attributed the demise of SimsHost to the PMBD booty.

I have been simming for years and only just stumbled on this site via a link at Cat and Susim's site; how well known is the booty?

Personally, I don't think that PMBD has anything to do with it - it's just something for people to hang their hat on and say - "Oh, it's not cause it's crappy content, with updating as recent as 2005 - it's the booty - you did it - all of you dirty pirates, and it's your fault".

And of the two sites at SimsHost - only 2 are in the booty - so really, they don't seem to have been a big feature in the community, and certainly the hardest to navigate, and the crappiest of the crappy, from what I've seen.  Has anyone here been to Killersims - which was well known in Sims1?  

Unfortunately, there is too much free content on offer for people to search for obscure paysites that don't update. I remember checking Killersims as soon as I got Sims 2 - nothing I could find, or want to download really (considering I have approaching 20.Gb waiting to be installed, that says something - I play Maxis and a couple of hacks - that's it).

SimsHost biggest enemy has mostly been itself - it showed the community in Sims1 that paysites were acceptable, and very financially viable - and so they shot themselves in the foot - with hosting so cheap you can afford your own site, why let the SimsHost people line their pockets, when you could line your own  :wink:

Never the less, I say take the killmark and be damned - take credit even when credit is not due.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
prattle
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: Huzzah! New Killmark coming?
« Reply #57 on: 2007 April 09, 21:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Mufushu"
Quote from: "Pescado"

I can't tell if that guy is making fun of pro-paysite arguments or is serious.  :roll:

That's Greg's sense of humor. :?
I remember when he was starting up SimsHost back in the Sims 1 days, and he believed (or at least said in public) that he was doing a service to the Sims community, by helping sites that needed assistance to pay the hosting bills. It didn't exactly work out that way.
Enelar
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 April 09, 22:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't she forgetting that the whole "torn by vultures" deal was inflicted upon Prometheus because Zeus told him NOT to give the humans fire? I don't know if that was mentioned in <i>Atlas Shrugged</i> but it's how the actual myth goes. Basically Prometheus went against Zeus wishes out of pity for humanity so he was punished by having an eagle (not a vulture) pluck at his liver for eternity. It was his own fault for doing what he was told not to, it had nothing to do with men setting vultures upon him.. so the whole analogy makes no sense to me as a student of mythology.

<i>John Galt is a man disgusted that non-productive members of society use laws and guilt to leech from the value created by productive members of society. </i>

Using laws and guilt? Kinda like Paysite owners?  :roll:

Kill fandom now, got it memorized?
Aquamarine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 April 09, 22:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been discussed in various old-ish threads how HChangeri seems to lack basic reading comprehension, so I wouldn't attempt to make sense of her ravings. Bad for the brain.  :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: