PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:23:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  I Hate N00bs.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do N00bs piss you off?  (Voting closed: 2007 February 02, 02:38:40)
Hell Yeah! - 27 (17.6%)
No. - 57 (37.3%)
You are The Biggest Bitch ever! - 46 (30.1%)
All n00bs are the new exnems/lyriclees - 23 (15%)
Total Voters: 107

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I Hate N00bs.  (Read 19204 times)
Hyperkitty
Landlubber

View Profile
I Hate N00bs.
« on: 2007 February 02, 02:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate n00bs because they are always making requests, asking the stupidest things, and they get all bitchy when you tell them they are wrong.

They FUCKING PISS me off. :evil:
anoramic
ARR!

View Profile
I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 02, 02:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, since I used to be a 'n00b' once upon a time, I can see why they get offended easily(most of the time). But yes, they can be annoying.
Marhis
ARR!

This Space For Rent

View Profile
I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 02, 03:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate stupids, being them n00bs or not.

THE FUTURE OF THIS SIGNATURE IS BRIGHT
Not Paper
Landlubber

View Profile
I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 02, 03:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"N00bs" and "noobs" don't bug me too much.
Maybe it's because of how I was a supernoob at one point, myself.
But generally speaking, I empathize with 'em.

It does bother me when they don't take the time to read a bit before they post, though.
Sure, sometimes you want to just dive in and get to posting, but there aren't even that many stickies or rules around here-- it wouldn't take more than five to ten minutes to read everything so that you understood what to and what not to do.
That's the way it goes, though, I suppose. Besides-- going about acting like a noob counts as overbearing twelveness. It'll bite them in the back sooner or later. *shrug* But until then, one may as well treat them well. (And if you're really trying to make them look bad, for whatever reason, being nice to them when they're acting like a loon to you just makes them look worse, from what I've noticed.)
witch
Landlubber

View Profile
I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 02, 04:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with Marhis on this one, I think it's actually stupidity from anyone that irritates me more than noobs. Some noobs are stupid, some are not, we've all been noobs at one time or another.
Helena
ARR!

View Profile WWW
I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 02, 08:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just hate stupid people. And what I hate the most is when you are telling them that they are wrong - they start yelling at you, calling you all the bad words they know etc. it makes them even more stupid :/

calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 02, 08:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I agree with Marhis.  I don't hate noobs, but I do hate noobs who don't read things like FAQs.  I usually patrol a forum reading things to get the tone of the posts, and to see if I should post.  

I even did this with my first forum, trying to work things out so as not to be a stupid person, so I see no excuse.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
tIIsuggas
ARR!

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported.

View Profile
I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 02, 09:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't hate noobs,  I hate people who don't bother to read, and people who don't follow the rules for certain situations.

"Tomatoes don't hurt" I said with a grin.
The next one did, it came in a tin.

My stuff at  MTS2
Célimène
Landlubber

View Profile
Re: I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 02, 13:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Hyperkitty"
I hate n00bs because they are always making requests, asking the stupidest things, and they get all bitchy when you tell them they are wrong.

They FUCKING PISS me off. :evil:

Hyperkitty has contacted me personally asked that I extend her most humble apologies to the group (Intelligence, empathy, sincerity, and tolerance clearly ARE NOT her first language).

Hyperkitty wishes to express sincere remorse for the syphilitic puerile nonsense which has vomited forth from her atrophied brain and taken shape in her subliterate posts.

Hyperkitty has pleaded that the group please understand that this is not really HER talking but the booze and pills.

Hyperkitty pleads with your understanding due to the extreme difficulties she currently faces in her "real life" (it seems Hyperkitty's Daddy no longer thinks she has a purty mouth and resumed sleeping with her mother).

Hyperkitty hopes you will not misunderstand and continue to believe that she's an ignorant bratty douchbag fucktard,

She just posts like one.

Back on topic. Personally, I love b00bs.
darkangel
ARR!

View Profile
Re: I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 02, 13:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: "Célimène"
Back on topic. Personally, I love b00bs.

Lol. I lurve fr00ts.  :lol:

Okay no, seriously, what I hate are people who are bitching areound and generalizing things. Hey I'm a newbie, too, at least to the board and I'm sure we've all been one before unless you have no life and were born on the internet. So no I don't hate newbies I just don't like people who write stupid comments and do even stupidier polls.

pescado's fangirl*

sharing the free love, no hidden catch, no strings attached...just free love
<3
Camilla
Landlubber

View Profile
I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 02, 14:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not going to dignify this thread with a response.
Oh! :shock:  I just did. Whoops.  :lol:
  hugs,
Camilla the Noob :wink:
blackmars
ARR!

View Profile
I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 02, 15:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noobs don't bother me. Stupid people bother me. They make me pull at my hair and grit my teeth. Noobs are just new...some ask questions that are obvious if they only read once in awhile or just chilled.

It's the Otherworld invading...oh that's a paysite~

"In the end the crew became restless, petty and insolent. So we killed them."
yamikuronue
ARR!

View Profile
I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 02, 16:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

n00bs bother me.

Newbies I like.

The difference? n00bs pr3f3r 1337, don't read the rules (and by the way, I have a request!), and generally act 12. Newbies are simply new to a place, and politely ask about policy, lurk first, and when they make an innocent mistake, apologize and take steps to correct it.
shishmish
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 02, 19:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to agree with yamikuronue on this one, it's the noobs with their annoying text language that grate me...well, just people in general that use text language! I consider myself a bit of a newbie; I lurk most of the time, because of late I have been busy with University.
Kid
Landlubber

View Profile
I Hate N00bs.
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 02, 19:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I'm more bothered by pointless polls and posts then I am noobs.

Anyone that takes the time to reply to a post with insipid comments like: "You took the words right out of my mouth.", "I couldn't have said it better if I tried."  My all time favorite "Yeah, that." a very close second is "I agree with what soandso (who's a way more intelligent person than me) said." or anything along the same lines of mindless agreement, that's the person who wins the stupidity challenge hands down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: