PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:14:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  rebecah from MTS2 now at TSR
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: rebecah from MTS2 now at TSR  (Read 17087 times)
karu
ARR!

View Profile
rebecah from MTS2 now at TSR
« on: 2010 March 25, 17:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can say is,  I am sooooo disappointed.   Sad

http://www.thesimsresource.com/members/rebecah

http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=829012
Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
Re: rebecah from MTS2 now at TSR
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 25, 18:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw it a month ago and couldn't believe my eyes Sad Sheesh. I used to love her stuff and followed her all around the net at the quite numerous sites she joined and that just to grab all her stuff. Wasted my time. *burns Rebecah's stuff*
So much talent gone to the dark side, shitty turnover.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 26, 03:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very disappointing.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Shan-Chan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 26, 10:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's upsetting. Her objects were awesome. Let's just hope she doesn't become a FA

Don't let my name fool you. I actually hate anime.
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 26, 10:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think she will, sharing for free has always been the thing that motivated her (at least on other sites), She has popped in here a few times and I remember she also donated to keep SimSafe2 going about a year back - I just think she wants as many people to see her stuff as possible.

ShanOw keeps his fingers crossed.

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
ShanOw
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 26, 11:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not justifying Rebecah's choice, I am merely providing an explanation as to why she may have done it.

What part of this earth are you living in anyway? Unless you not even of this earth?
I am not from Earth, I am death - meaning I am somewhere in between. I also have a suitcase, but that's just to store mah Krispy Kreme donuts. Tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~
Btw - death to double posting!

Sims Central  - SimSearch - My Blog!
The one who no longer needs stopping!
Michelle
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 March 26, 11:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR sucks because their items pay. But let's not victimized their artists.

I never like rebecah's stuff even when she's on MTS.

hypocrite!

"When someone knows something is true, they feel no need to defend it"  -  "I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies"  -  "The truth is easier to remember than a lie"  -  Good sees goodness not religion.
Drkn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 March 26, 17:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She is a Selected Artist and everything is marked as free.

What seems to be the problem officer? that somehow its bad for TSR servers to have things people can download without having a subscription?

Fresh Prince also uploads to TSR besides his own site and MTS ... more places to host the files the better as long no fee is involved.

Besides this is PaySitesMustBeDestroyed and not TheSimsResourceMustBeDestroyed.
eefje
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 March 26, 18:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you may have a slight flaw in your reasoning there Drkn. Since tsr is a paysite, and this is paysitesmustbedestroyed, it also means tsrmustbedestroyed. It's sort of an if a equals b and b equals c, a equals c situation.

That being said, I feel really sad about seeing rebecah at tsr, I've always loved her creations.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 March 26, 19:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFFS. When is 2,239,057 downloads & 75,822 thanks, not enough? It's not like people haven't noticed her. I'm sure she's lovely but come on, she breaks her own TOU just because she wants a title, a bouquet and moar adulation. Geesh, get a life.

I assume this will be changing.
You may use my creations freely. The only request I have is that you do not claim them as your own and PLEASE do not post on pay sites.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Drkn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 March 26, 23:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you may have a slight flaw in your reasoning there Drkn. Since tsr is a paysite, and this is paysitesmustbedestroyed, it also means tsrmustbedestroyed. It's sort of an if a equals b and b equals c, a equals c situation.

My reasoning is being against the paysite model is different that being against the site themselves.

However it seems some people use the paysite excuse to direct attacks towards people and sites, as if someone work automatic became "bad" the moment its because pay content or someone work automatic becomes "good" the moment it became free.

I know TSR is a acceptable target for two reasons, the first one is all the stuff they been pulling off all these years and the second is because they are still around after all these years and are still notable, unlike older sites that either died out or are a shadow of their former self (8th Deadly Sims, WDS, SimFreaks).

I dont like TSR not because just because its a paysite but because all the crap they been pulling all these years but at least I am not going to given then a excuse of calling us "extremists" that are interested on the destruction of sites.

That being said, I feel really sad about seeing rebecah at tsr, I've always loved her creations.

Look IF she was a featured artist and pulled everything from MTS then I would understand part of the rage but she is not, she is a Selected Artist and marked everything free to download ... other people also do that and there is nothing wrong, its still free and if it makes you feel better its content when downloaded do not really generate TSR revenue, only costs.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 March 27, 12:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My reasoning is being against the paysite model is different that being against the site themselves.

Fair enough. However that makes no sense. If you follow a model then you become that model. You either are or you aren't, it's that simple. If you upload to a paysite then you are showing that you support the idea of paysites. The medium is the message.

However it seems some people use the paysite excuse to direct attacks towards people and sites, as if someone work automatic became "bad" the moment its because pay content or someone work automatic becomes "good" the moment it became free.

We're not in the business of pointing out the flaws of creators on free sites. That in itself does imply that we think they are all good.

I know TSR is a acceptable target for two reasons, the first one is all the stuff they been pulling off all these years and the second is because they are still around after all these years and are still notable, unlike older sites that either died out or are a shadow of their former self (8th Deadly Sims, WDS, SimFreaks).

TSR is an acceptable target because they are a paysite. End of story. Everything else is extra.

I dont like TSR not because just because its a paysite but because all the crap they been pulling all these years but at least I am not going to given then a excuse of calling us "extremists" that are interested on the destruction of sites.

We are against paysites as an idea, a model and an actuality.

Look IF she was a featured artist and pulled everything from MTS then I would understand part of the rage but she is not, she is a Selected Artist and marked everything free to download ... other people also do that and there is nothing wrong, its still free and if it makes you feel better its content when downloaded do not really generate TSR revenue, only costs.

There is no rage here. Simply disappointment that a former free site supporter has now become a paysite supporter.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010 March 27, 12:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The name of the site is not the paysite model must be destroyed.  It isn't just the model, although that may be how it started.  Paysites have damaged and divided this community, among other things like sharing information between each other.  Since TSR is the biggest offender, they get the most of the targeted posts.  

Since what TSR has done to individuals has become well known, anyone who stays there or, even worse, goes there now is iimplicitly showing approval for their behavior whether their stuff is free or not.  They are supporting them and their actions by keeping the site alive and drawing in people.  This is unacceptable.  I find anyone, and I do mean anyone, who uploads to TSR these days without morality and their actions abhorrent.  After all that is happened, I have no idea how anyone could justify uploading there unless they are hoping for a FA spot and the money.  Publicity and a growing fan base is not enough justification for the support they are showing a site that has done the things that TSR has done.

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Fran
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 March 30, 13:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Color me disappointed and saddened that she has joined the ranks of former free creators joining the dark side.

What, universal applause and respect wasn't enough for you? You wanted money for your creations? Are you so egotistical that you think people who go on TSR have taste or talent? Is that why other sites have better downloads?

If she wanted money, being a free creator there isn't the way to go. I think she wasn't happy being unknown to the denizens who frequent TSR, and wanted moar love and kisses.

Or maybe she just got tired of submitting her creations for approval at MTS2 and feared she was losing her status. Her stuff is ok, but not stunning. At her best, she was middling passable. I've found that her older animated stuff (bikes, and things like that) are a bit on the rough, wonky side. Too bad she never did get the hang of that.

Dr House
ARR!

My pills, let me show you them.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 March 30, 14:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I said I liked her stuff, I wasn't in fact talking about the quality of her stuff. What was important about her items wasn't their appearance. What is really annoying is that she was one of the rare modders still around the community. Not sure if we call then like that but anyway modders are creators that are focused on creating items with modified usage (hence "modders"). Just like her toddlers bike and such, these items are unique and have unique features/gameplay. Other modders stopped working for the sims long time ago, like retired Atavera and Katy_76 which exploded her site herself (lol that was a massive explosion). Atavera for example made elevators before EA, toddlers planes and cars moving toys, usable lightsabers etc. Kathy_76 was more focused on day-to-day life with neat appliances (btw it was her heaters that EA used in AL) and OFB stands, etc. There was also Simswardrobe that did a lot of stuff like robots items, usable weapons and OFB neat usable tools; he retired too. Inge (in the neighbour topic ^^) and Echo also both retired from creation. See, now there's hardly anyone left to do odd and creative stuff with unique gameplay. So bummer Sad

I love this kind of stuff as each one was a huge step forward in CC creations and always lead to other new discoveries. Sims 2 never had as much creative CC stuff as sims 1 had (IIRC ballet, skiing, karate, all kind of breeding pets, etc all made by modders, not EA's) because the community was already fighting like hellish cats and no informations was shared. Now that rebecah went to T$R I'm afraid she'll just join the wagon of prolific "creators" only making gazillions of chairs and tables. See, you have to create a lot of stuff to have a good payout it's easier to endlessly clones basic dull furniture.

I'm a female, so what?! Duh! Anyway why are you reading this? Go away! Shoo! Oh and here are my pills.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: