PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:03:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 806796 times)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #2610 on: 2009 December 16, 00:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kenmtl, not every pirate dancing on a big stick is gay. I can't believe I have to point that out to you.
Fran
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: 2009 December 16, 00:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever anyone mentions the Pirate King, I always think of Errol Flynn in Captain Blood.  Cheesy

Any resemblance between living and dead peoples is surely coincidence.
johan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: 2009 December 16, 00:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought you should know, i'm off to bed now Wink

I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?
Zillah
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2613 on: 2009 December 16, 01:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'night Johan-boy.

SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: 2009 December 16, 01:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet dreams. -  Kiss

(psst, if you have any problems drifting off, do what I do - count TSR subscribers jumping the fence after they've discovered the Booty)
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2615 on: 2009 December 16, 03:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

psst, if you have any problems drifting off, do what I do - count TSR subscribers jumping the fence after they've discovered the Booty.

It looks something like this Cheesy

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: 2009 December 16, 04:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Henbane
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: 2009 December 16, 05:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zillah, I sounded a "hoot". That was funny. I bet he won't get it.

To add: Night, Thomas! Night, Shakeshaft! Night, Dot-shit-for-brains! Night, Atwa, wherever you are. Oh, wait, you're always there, somewhere.
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: 2009 December 17, 19:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'night Johan-boy.
Never mind the having to clean my drink off my screen, just kiss my bruised body. You made me fall off my chair from laughing so hard. Kiss

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
MissPiggi
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: 2009 December 22, 08:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did anyone see Piggi's note on her site, about SimAddict 99 stealing her textures and selling them?  She has it on her homepage.

Let me tell you all a little thing:

That whole fight is one of the craziest things i've ever had in my Sims Life
T$R has deleted the comments for 3 times there and now i know that they will never reply to my Support.
Some days ago i wrote PM to someone in our German forum (who is FA at T$R) and i asked why this thing happens.
The answers was:

T$R doesn't do anything,cause the colors i used are nothing special. It's a standart palette you can find in every
Graphicprogram. Everyone can create theese colors - Alex did. I have no Copyright on the colors so it's (of course)
ok if everyone use theese colors. I replied that i understand this but...i've never seen theese colors in the last 4 years on any site -
or did someone?

They have deleted the comments,cause they don't want "Flame-Wars",no bad language or something else and they will remove
the comments till the people stop (cause they have nothing else to do) Only nice,positive comments are welcome so i think

The Support doesn't answer me cause i wrote "F*** TSR" in the chatbox of my site - but that was a few days ago and i'm waiting for 4 weeks of the answer .....great reason right? Don't know what i should say. Maybe "Nice site...i love it! Take more of my stuff and sell it. I'm working for 5 years to give the people more fun for free and you can sell it."  

Well,T$R is always right and the rest of the world - isn't. That's my opinion.
My personal solution of this "fair" fight:
I don't want to use the Chenille colors anymore cause since now they are part of a pay set and i don't want pay stuff on my site.
My site was - and will be always free for everyone and everything - nothing else. Maybe T$R will come and say "You're using pay colors - remove them from your site" - sorry - no way. Is it worth to fight about some "simple colors" which can be created by everyone? I don't think so....

So to you all and thanks for reading
« Last Edit: 2009 December 22, 12:41:19 by MissPiggi » Logged
WedgewoodBlue
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: 2009 December 22, 15:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly MissPiggi, TSR has a history of stealing exceptional work from FREE creators because they haven't any such creators working for them. I am by NO means condoning what they do. I don't know if you recalll this, but quite a while ago, in a failed and feeble attempt to explain their deluded understanding of EA's EULA, they had Maxoid Drea post a blurb on the so-called official site with regards to the ongoing debate of pay vs free. (I refuse to recognize the BBS as the official site, they cannot claim to be the official site when they are not fair to free sites)
While Maxoid Drea completely failed to address the issue of pay vs free, she did make a request that creators within the Sims communities respect each others TOU's.
Here again you see the perfect example of TSR's utter disregard for anyone within the Sims communities. They simply overlooked that request, after all, it could NOT possibly include them now could it? It's pathetic that they have to resort to stealing from a free creator simply because they haven't creators on site who have the imagination and skills that the free creators have in abundance. It's disgusting that they have absolutely NO respect for TOU's and it's ludicrous when they demand that their TOU's be treated with the respect they deny to free creators.
When any creator breaks their TOU, they will stop at nothing to destroy that individual. They are relentless in their pursuit of that goal and have managed to get some sites closed, all the while denying that they had anything to do with it.'
I know it must be of little comfort to you that while you can hold your head up high, and proudly, TSR must hang their heads in shame as once again they are shown to be the thieves that they truly are.

At long last TSR gets to be the bug on the windshield of life.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: 2009 December 22, 15:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've always had a very good reputation in this community, piggi, and for TSR to treat you that way is just reprehensible.  Since they have shown no consideration for you, you should consider linking to the Booty. That way you'll be hitting them where it hurts. In their wallets.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2622 on: 2009 December 22, 17:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also wouldn't worry about continuing to use the colors. SA99 cannot claim ownership/copyright over RGB values anymore than DOT could when she had the RGB orange color up as pay content for Sims 3. You have been using that specific color wheel for 5 years, and have a history both on your site, and one MTS of content created using those specific colors that date back to 2005 at least. Those package files are dated and there is no way SA99 can claim she used them first since she didn't even start out creating Maxis MAtch anything forget about Maxis Match colors like your Chenille set. Don't let them defeat you. If you decide to change the colors you use for your furniture recolors do it because you want to do it- not because TSR is giving you garbage. As Snarky said you are one of the more respected creators in the community - much like Buggybooz, Cassandre and Corrinne, the other creators that have had their content stolen by TSR creators- follow their example and stand up for what you believe is right- don't let Thomass scare you- pretty much everyone including the 12's are wise to his ways these days.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: 2009 December 22, 19:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget Bruno.

Piggi DO NOT TAKE YOUR COLOURS DOWN! This is almost becoming a habit a TSR. If they want our respect they need to earn it. That Russian girl that used Bruno's textures had her SA status removed and the items taken down, however you need to keep the heat on otherwise they'll just try to make you away quietly so that no one will ever know.

You should convert them yourself and stick them on your front page.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: 2009 December 22, 20:12:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with those above not only because of the principle of the matter, but because a lot of people really like your stuff. I've got a ton and a half of your recolors in my game and your chenille colors are my favorites (particularly on the K&B counters and appliances!) and I would be saddened to see that ruined because of some jerk from TSR that is so unoriginal that they can't even come up with colors on their own. I'd imagine a lot of others feel the same. Smiley

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: