PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:23:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 806811 times)
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #2355 on: 2009 December 08, 00:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would strongly advice against posting any evidence here, unless you want to help out the company you're filing a complaint against.
My thinking exactly, which is where my comment about not giving TSR an alibi came from. When we start talking things out in public, things become easy for TSR to come up with excuses.  Wink

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
missangelica
ARR!

Now even more ridiculous! (the bouffant edition)

View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: 2009 December 08, 00:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since it seems that someone would like this information buried, here is the info again.

FBI Legal Attaché Office
Copenhagen, Denmark
American Embassy: 011-45-3341-7100
Nations covered: Denmark, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, >>>>Sweden<<<<

Report Internet Crime
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

defiantly- marked by defiance; boldly resisting.
definitely- decidedly: without question and beyond doubt

The difference.  You can has.  Learn it.  Love it.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: 2009 December 08, 00:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love how people are rolling in here saying we don't provide proof. Coconut screen capped what? AROUND A THOUSAND EXAMPLES OF TSR SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION? But nope, the only thing that they'll apparently believe is a signed confession from Thomas himself.

Good luck with that.

(Thanks for bumping the link, missangelica. You so rock.)
No No No
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: 2009 December 08, 00:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.
People, don't let Johans prodding, or anyone's elses for that matter, trick you into making their lives any easier.
I understand you want to defend yourself and your beliefs, but all you'll be doing is making it easier for them to see how you build your case and how you will sort your evidence. Also, to see how many people will be filing a complaint.

By openly questioning Coconut's information, TSR hopes that her defenders will let things slip, or make it easier for them to find what they need.

Also providing information to the community is not nessecary. Their opinion in this matter is currently not important. Also, it's like giving TSR all they need on a silver platter.
This case is between those who's personal information was shared, and the proper authorities. If something comes out of that, they will hear more.

If what happened is TSR's responsibility, it's gone beyond a community issue and into a serious criminal issue. Take it up with the proper authorities and keep all info between you and the FBI, as to not hurt a potential investigation.

Don't mention where anyone can find anything, and don't even mention what you have. Even if it's up for public view.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: 2009 December 08, 00:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take it up with the proper authorities and keep all info between you and the FBI, as to not hurt a potential investigation.
Agreed. As much as I like to read what's going on, I'd much rather find out later on that someone got a smackdown for a DDos attack, a hacking, sharing personal information, etc. We can always read the details later. I hope that there are lots of folks making a huge stink about this release of real names and email addresses. No matter what TSR says, there's NO JUSTIFICATION in what has been done with these peoples' information. None.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
No No No
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: 2009 December 08, 00:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok guys, good luck on this.

In answer to all of Johans future post, I would suggest a nice Lolcat.
Under each cat a link to the FBI information, ofcourse.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2361 on: 2009 December 08, 00:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ShanOw, I think the point was that, at this point in the relationship, it wouldn't matter to most people here just how squeaky clean TSR is or isn't. Whether TSR is or isn't hacking or sharing personal info or whatever, it wouldn't matter. All it takes is for someone to say "ZOMG I was hacked it was TSR" and it is accepted as absolute truth with little to no evidence. There is a strong subscription to "truthiness" often to the detriment of actual truth. Coconut has made statements which have been completely disproved, but every word she says is still taken as gospel.

I don't think personal information about people should be passed around unless that information is made public by the person involved. I do prefer actual proof to heresay though, and most of what comes from PMBD reminds me of the DaVinci code - enough truth to sound legitimate, but also a lot of room for smoke and mirrors.

Prove to me that TSR (Thomas) or the TWAT are not the ones responsible for the hackings. It has been proven that the IP used to do most if not all the hacking is from Sweden. Whether it was Thomas or the TWAT who knows. They are however both in Sweden. It also is a known fact & has been proven that the TWAT was going around to different sites asking questions about hacking & how one would go about tracing a hacking back to a responsible party. Also asking about how a hacker hides so that it would be hard to prove or disprove the person being accused of said hacking is or isn't the responsible party. There are screenshots of this somewhere here on PMBD i believe.

Show me where it has been proven that Coconut has been disproved on any of his/her statements. As far as i'm concerned he/she has been spot on time and again. I'll take both Pescados & Coconuts word over anything said by TSR anyday.

Agreed. As much as I like to read what's going on, I'd much rather find out later on that someone got a smackdown for a DDos attack, a hacking, sharing personal information, etc. We can always read the details later. I hope that there are lots of folks making a huge stink about this release of real names and email addresses. No matter what TSR says, there's NO JUSTIFICATION in what has been done with these peoples' information. None.

I agree as well. But in my case it just wasn't my Full Real Name & Email that was shared. My home address was also gotten by whoever is responsible for all the hackings in the Sims Community. Whether it is Thomas or the TWAT is yet to be seen. It will however all come out in the end.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 08, 01:13:09 by WB » Logged

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

tsyy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: 2009 December 08, 00:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ShanOw, I think the point was that, at this point in the relationship, it wouldn't matter to most people here just how squeaky clean TSR is or isn't. Whether TSR is or isn't hacking or sharing personal info or whatever, it wouldn't matter. All it takes is for someone to say "ZOMG I was hacked it was TSR" and it is accepted as absolute truth with little to no evidence. There is a strong subscription to "truthiness" often to the detriment of actual truth. Coconut has made statements which have been completely disproved, but every word she says is still taken as gospel.

Provide me an example of when Coconut's statements have been disproved.

Thomass admited to Inge about the info sharing. There is photographic proof provided to us by Coconut of them willfully sharing private info, not only did that info show up on tsr but it was also being shared with other site owners.

Who had more to gain by hacking that petition? Tsr that's who.
Who seems to have a habit of picking on anybody that criticizes them? Tsr that's who.

Sending Johan the lazy and others in here to tell us we're stupid and will believe anything bad about tsr isn't helping you out, just makes you look a little more guilty.

Oh, here once again is the info to file a complaint

FBI Legal Attaché Office
Copenhagen, Denmark

Report Internet Crime
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: 2009 December 08, 00:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ShanOw, I think the point was that, at this point in the relationship, it wouldn't matter to most people here just how squeaky clean TSR is or isn't. Whether TSR is or isn't hacking or sharing personal info or whatever, it wouldn't matter. All it takes is for someone to say "ZOMG I was hacked it was TSR" and it is accepted as absolute truth with little to no evidence.
That's not true. TSR has been accused of other hacking incidents, but I ruled these to be non-plausible and declared them the work of common vandals, because the shoe didn't fit. Thing is, I KNOW hackings.

There is a strong subscription to "truthiness" often to the detriment of actual truth. Coconut has made statements which have been completely disproved, but every word she says is still taken as gospel.
Not true. I have not seen Coconut specifically issue a fact that has been disproved: There are a lot of SPECULATIONS which subsequently turn out to be overblown or not entirely pan out, because moves are taken to avoid this, but the actual FACTS have always been solid. The interpretations, not so much. Coconut is not really proficient in the field of intelligence analysis. This is why we have analysts for this.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Echo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: 2009 December 08, 01:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By openly questioning Coconut's information, TSR hopes that her defenders will let things slip, or make it easier for them to find what they need.
Not sure where you got that impression, but I am most definitely not TSR. Smiley

Not true. I have not seen Coconut specifically issue a fact that has been disproved: There are a lot of SPECULATIONS which subsequently turn out to be overblown or not entirely pan out, because moves are taken to avoid this, but the actual FACTS have always been solid. The interpretations, not so much. Coconut is not really proficient in the field of intelligence analysis. This is why we have analysts for this.
Well this one in particular stands out in my memory:
http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?p=824
Wes_H never had any intention of joining TSR, and I seriously doubt anyone involved would be under the impression that it was likely to change. He was especially unlikely to work on Merlin, given that (a) it's a package installer, and Wes has always been about the meshes and the animations, and (b) it's in Java, whereas Wes is firmly a C/C++ developer. The only thing even loosely related to this was that Wes relaxed the TOU on his Milkshape plugin, which is hardly surprising given that the TOU was pretty much ignored by everyone anyway.
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: 2009 December 08, 01:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Johan whatever happened to CarpeDiem anyway. Was he/she/twat ever actually an SA and if so on which date did he/she/twat cease to be so. You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I'm sure it has nothing to do with this but it's kinda been a topic of conversation here, so we're just curious.

@echo

What Wes_h's intentions actually were and what coconut may have heard at TSR could have been two entirely different things . It wouldn't be the first time they announced people working with them that in fact weren't. Remember?  However, thankfully it turned out to be fine.

Oh ya No No No, do we know you? Even if what your saying is right, relax on the directives. We don't really enjoy being spoken to like idiots. Or called idiots for that matter. Sayin'.

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2366 on: 2009 December 08, 02:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

False accusations against TSR

Some of you may have seen yet more false accusations made against TSR on another so called community site claiming that our member database containing personal names and addresses has been leaked. We would like to assure all member of TSR that this list of usernames has not come from TSR. Many of the usernames published do not even exist in our database, and never have. For the usernames that do exist, in some cases we have more info than they claim, and in others, less.

bolded by me

Johan, did this statement appear on TSR? It clearly implies that you (collective) have this list. Does it not?
That is all I am going to say about it.
Now fuck off and die.

My Deviant artwork here.
Witchboy
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2367 on: 2009 December 08, 02:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I clearly believe now that the reason Thomas keeps bringing the TWAT back into the fold is because she knows who the hacker is (if she isn't the said hacker herself) & knows all the dirty lil secrets that Thomas does not want exposed. She must be holding this all over his head in a lil game of what we would call blackmail. It's the only plausible reason i can think of as to why she would keep getting brought back into TSR time and time again.

Oh, & here it is once again in case you missed it.

FBI Legal Attaché Office
Copenhagen, Denmark

Report Internet Crime

*Empress Paden's Fanboy*
*ShanOw, now 100% more stoppable then me!*
*O Coconut, Coconut, wherefore art thou Coconut?*

Echo
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: 2009 December 08, 02:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Wes_h's intentions actually were and what coconut may have heard at TSR could have been two entirely different things . It wouldn't be the first time they announced people working with them that in fact weren't. Remember?  However, thankfully it turned out to be fine.
kenmtl, I agree wholeheartedly. That was, I suppose, the original point. There is a disturbing tendency to see something written by Coconut as gospel truth, when it is, realistically, an individual's interpretation of heresay. I don't doubt that Coconut has access to information that others do not - that much is quite evident. That does not make the information infallible. When you start with some Chinese whispers, then add authorial comment from a person with strong personal opinions against TSR, and the end result is something which should always be examined with a skeptical eye, not taken as absolute truth.

(And yes, I do remember, my name was on the 'collaborators' list you mention. Wink )
tsyy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: 2009 December 08, 03:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So do you have proof that Coconut is lying?
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: