PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:42:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816348 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #1365 on: 2009 May 02, 07:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not ask everyone to agree.  Present a unified front means when you disagree, don't do it in front of your enemies.
The "unified front" concept collapsed when Delphy allowed the matter to be swept under the rug. Simple as that.

I don't see how people got from "Delphy isn't pursuing the investigation anymore" to "Delphy has forgiven T$R".
Insulting Delphy by saying he forgave T$R doesn't do that.
These two statements seem at odds with each other, since I'm pretty sure you're the only one perpetuating that particular view. Our official position is simply that Delphy's inaction on the matter is directly responsible allowing TSR to sweep this under the rug.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: 2009 May 02, 08:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see how people got from "Delphy isn't pursuing the investigation anymore" to "Delphy has forgiven T$R".
Insulting Delphy by saying he forgave T$R doesn't do that.
These two statements seem at odds with each other, since I'm pretty sure you're the only one perpetuating that particular view. Our official position is simply that Delphy's inaction on the matter is directly responsible allowing TSR to sweep this under the rug.

The quotes below are what I was referring to.  To me, that looked like people saying Delphy had forgiven T$R.  If I've misunderstood, my bad, apologies all around.  Otherwise, I stand by earlier statements.  I've got nothing more to say about all this.

Quote from: neriana
Quote from: Pescado
TSR is fortunate in that they only have to deal with the far more lenient and forgiving Delphy. If they were stuck with me as the primary community figure, they would be screwed, because I will never forgive. Isn't that right, SOUPER?

It sure is, you rotten bastard. (I don't forgive either. Which is probably why I find Delphy's actions incomprehensible.)

edit: Edited to fix a quote tag.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: 2009 May 02, 08:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you have misinterpreted a facetious comment primarily directed at NERIANA the SOUPER.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: 2009 May 02, 08:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you have misinterpreted a facetious comment primarily directed at NERIANA the SOUPER.
In that case, my bad, apologies all around.

Devilfish
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1369 on: 2009 May 03, 19:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never take what Pes says too seriously Wink

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: 2009 May 03, 20:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of the rest of us do. Grin

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
EmilyTwitch
Mentally Retarded
ARR!

is still in 12-school...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1371 on: 2009 May 03, 23:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Count me as late to the action, but when did Neriana soup?  Huh

Oh look, I get a speshul title. Thanks Pescado.
Artwork?
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: 2009 May 04, 00:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A real long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: 2009 May 04, 01:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just because a person gets tired of your bullshit and walks out for a time to save their sanity, doesn't mean that they've souped. Duh.

dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: 2009 May 04, 01:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, now that I think of it, it would be nice to have, somewhere for ease of reference, a list of definitions for things like "Souping" and "Flouncing" and perhaps even how they differ from each other. Just a thought.

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: 2009 May 04, 01:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, now that I think of it, it would be nice to have, somewhere for ease of reference, a list of definitions for things like "Souping" and "Flouncing" and perhaps even how they differ from each other. Just a thought.
  Souping I know, but flouncing?  Is that when some "artiste" gets offended, and leaves in a huff, taking all their stuff with them?  Is it when mods pitch a fit and abandon a forum?  Does it involve hurt pride and indignation?  It's not just reserved for people leaving the silly MATY senate, right?

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: 2009 May 04, 02:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone can flounce for whatever reason and then come back later and bring their whatever with them. It usually involves words of anger and such, from what I can tell.

Some folks leave due to real life, behind the scenes bullshit that they don't publish or just because they wake up one morning having decided to say, "FUCK YOU" to whomever is pissing them off and then they leave. I don't call that a flounce or soup, I call that deciding what is more important to you and doing it. Whether you go quietly or say good-bye to some, that's up to you. I would think that would be retirement.

Some people just decide they need to take a break before they go absolutely apeshit bonkers and try to commit internet homicide, even if the asshole that is provoking them desperately deserves to be strangled with piano wire or not. They just take themselves off to cool down, have some fun and decide if they're gonna go back or ultimately decide to stay away from the toxicity that drove them away for fresh air in the first place. That would just qualify as recovery time and as a vacation.

Souping involves lots of harsh words and actions, methinks. Not informing anyone of what you've decided to do, you just do it and to hell with the consequences. You ditch your responsibility and try to reduce what you're leaving behind to ashes. Well, you either ditch it or throw it onto someone else that hasn't been trained fully yet. Months later you come back as if nothing happened and expect to be taken into the bosom of whatever community you pissed off and just don't get why they no longer quite trust you or have forgiven you. At least, that's how I see it as defined through what I've observed.

It would be interesting to see what others think on it, though. My definition could be different from someone else's and I'd love to know because those terms do seem to get flung out quite often. Sorry if this is too long; didn't read, I'm listening to a club remix on repeat and it tends to get my fingers flying because the beat is just so catchy.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: 2009 May 04, 03:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you leave for reasons unrelated to "I HATE YOU ALL", this is simply DYING. For instance, if you are no longer present because you became a road waffle, you DIED. If you otherwise indicate your leavingness and had any importance, you are a SOUPER. Otherwise, no one cares.

Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: 2009 May 04, 05:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flounciing, to be really effective requires a prissy personality to begin with, and, if at all possible, a very full skirt.  A crinoline isn't required, but really enhances the entire performance.

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: 2009 May 04, 05:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True. Cheesy Methinks Pes really has issues with people leaving, though.

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: