PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:58:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 806954 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #990 on: 2009 April 08, 01:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love you, Kenmtl!

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #991 on: 2009 April 08, 07:35:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole thing feels like schoolyard bullshit to me. It's like being bullied (by T$R) on the playground and then going to the principal (Eaxis) about it, only to find out that the bully is the principal's nephew. So where do you turn then?
The playground monitor (BBB) has no real authority, they can only tell the principal about it. We already know he won't do anything.
Other parents (people outside of the sims community) won't do anything either, because if it wasn't their kid being bullied, then they don't see the problem.

It makes me so angry that it seems we can do nothing but complain to deaf ears. Angry

My Deviant artwork here.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: 2009 April 08, 07:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I have tried to train myself not to get bothered by it.  I am trying to see it as being like the weather, you see to it you have an umbrella and warm coat, and other than that there is little you can do about it.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #993 on: 2009 April 08, 09:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@cala

When did they propose Shakeshaft as coconut? They said that they knew who coconut was and that it wasn't an FA.

The official line is different from the inside line.  They're trying desperately to find out who coconut is - but the last thing coconut wants to be thought of is a thief.  Normally speculation is not quashed, but no one wants to be Shakeshaft except Shakeshaft.

edit: sorry I forgot to say SHAKESHAFT IS A THIEF.  My bad.

Needs bigger and MOAR colour.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Moune
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #994 on: 2009 April 08, 09:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this can be of any use at all, but if somebody wants to try to find more information about TSR or Ibibi AB it might be an idea to take a look at this page:

http://www.bolagsverket.se/

It's the Swedish registry of companies, and if it works the way it does in Denmark (and I think it does) all companies have to file complete financial records that are then made public. Ibibi is an 'aktiebolag' (AB), so all their financial information should be publicly available somewhere at this site.

There is an English version, but I don't know if it contains the same information as the Swedish one.

Sorry that I don't dig into it myself, but I don't really have the time or energy at the moment.

Edit:
Forgot to add:
SHAKESHAFT IS A THIEF.

* Formerly known as Peachfish *
Got a hungry sim that needs a nice place to have dinner? HERE is a new dining room for you.
Nightmare
ARR!

Grammar this moron: Besame el culo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #995 on: 2009 April 08, 10:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post/send me the swedish information, I know a friend of mine who is native Swedish  Grin

Die! Securom! Die!
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: 2009 April 08, 14:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick update, Dot's blog entry has been removed/moved somewhere else.  It's no longer where I got the screenie from.   Long Live ScreenCaps!!

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
Requip
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: 2009 April 08, 14:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any news from Delphy on the investigation?  Smiley

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
Sarafina
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: 2009 April 08, 15:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick update, Dot's blog entry has been removed/moved somewhere else.  It's no longer where I got the screenie from.   Long Live ScreenCaps!!

Knowing TSR, they will probably deny the entry existed and say our screencap was photoshopped.  Then DOT will come out with another tutorial which only proves we did in her mind, but to everyone else it's as rubbish as her lamp law.  Cheesy
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: 2009 April 08, 15:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice blog entry coconut. Even more nice to see you back updating, although I understand why you couldn't.  Wink I find it interesting that DOT is always the TSR cheerleader and always the first to yell out "omg you guys are soooo mean!" Yet, she was involved in that pack of rabid dogs on the FA boards cheering about people's fucking names being shared.

I also find it interesting that TSR basically just said that they didn't share paypal details. That they just shared the names of their customers off of their database. Let's go have a looksee at their privacy policy shall we?

1. Collection of data

Registration for an account on this site requires only a valid e-mail address and a user name that has not been chosen already. You are not required to provide any other information if you do not want to

YET, Whenever you register your name, gender, year of birth, and country are required. Explain to me how I am supposed to register if I do not wish to provide those details?

2. Use of data

Data may be used to customize and improve your user experience on this site. Efforts will be made to prevent your data being made available to third parties unless (i) provided for otherwise in this Privacy Policy; (ii) your consent is obtained, such as when you choose to opt-in or opt-out for the sharing of data; (iii)

Riiiiight. Yet you have shared personal names from your database, with FA's, which I remind you some of them own their own websites. Such as openasshjack, and murano. That to me qualifies as a third party.

4. Minors

The Sims Resource does not allow persons who are aged thirteen or younger to become members of this site. For more information, please contact the site administrator through the Support System.

Bullshit! Please go see the smut thread for details about children registering for your website, and the pedophiles they talk to, kay.

5. Editing or deleting your account information

You are provided with the ability to edit the information stored for your user account information during registration, by visiting your user account control panel. You can request that your user account be deleted; to do so, please contact the site administrator through the Support System. Content or other data that you may have provided, and that is not stored within your user account, such as creations published, may continue to remain on the site at the site owners discretion, even after your user account is deleted. Please see the site's Terms of use for more information.

Ahh, so you can delete yourself. Sneaky TSR has kept that hidden. But wait! What is that I bolded!? Thomass can choose to keep your stuff? But what was he wailing about that EA said? Respecting creator's policies?  Roll Eyes

7. No Guarantees

While this privacy policy states standards for maintenance of data, and while efforts will be made to meet the said standards, The Sims Resource staff are not in a position to guarantee compliance with these standards. There may be factors beyond our control that may result in disclosure of data. Consequently, the site editor offers no warranties or representations as regards maintenance or non-disclosure of data.

Ahhh so they promised earlier that they wouldn't share your information unless lawfully needed. Yet in this section they cover their ass by basically saying they can share your information, if they want to.

Take this as a warning kiddies, even if they did only share the information from their servers (which is highly unlikely) they basically have a clause that everyone agrees to that they can share your information at any given time. A lot can be found out about a person just by having their full, real name. Apparently TSR doesn't think about that though.  Roll Eyes

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: 2009 April 08, 15:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole thing feels like schoolyard bullshit to me. It's like being bullied (by T$R) on the playground and then going to the principal (Eaxis) about it, only to find out that the bully is the principal's nephew. So where do you turn then?
It's simple: You don't. As you can clearly see, trying to appeal to others for help is a waste of time. Instead, you simply take action, and those who are like-minded will follow. Like with playground bullies, you simply learn to kill a man using only your thumbs, and then make his knees bend the wrong way. A suitably graphic object lesson will encourage the others to fall in line.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1001 on: 2009 April 08, 15:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I don't like inflicting physical pain on the school yard bullies- inflicting mental pain is more fun- eventually someone can die from physical pain - mental pain as long as they are restrained gives an indefinite period of suffering-

I'd like to think that those of us who choose to be pains in the ass and support free content over stolen (Shakeshaft is a Thief have we forgotten to mention that ) pay content, and who view the violation of another sites server as sacrilege, and who like to keep our private information private are making TSR suffer physically and mentally.

Physically by showing their subs how ugly the pay stuff is and how pretty the freesite stuff made by free creators  is so that they cancel their subscriptions and come here to the light side because our cookies are better - less money for TSR=physical suffering, and mentally by telling the truth about their corrupt unethical business practices including invasion of privacy, identity theft, copyright violation (EA), intellectual property theft (Buggybooz), hacking (MTS2, SimsSecrets, Coconuts Blog, and that is only the beginning of the list of their wrongs against the Sims Community), thereby showing people what asshats they are.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 08, 17:11:21 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Frank
ARR!

Happy Pelican!

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: 2009 April 08, 16:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I'm a pain in everyone's ass here, can I voulunteer to be a pain in the ass elsewhere? Grin

I say storm the TSR fort once and for all, burn the place down, pillage all........or simply see if we can overload their server,and have it go PFFFT!

Confuscious say man with dyslexia that drinks gets fitshaced.....
Grotesque Sharonicle
Landlubber

My Preciooooooouuusss

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: 2009 April 08, 16:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes me so angry that it seems we can do nothing but complain to deaf ears. Angry

Take thy pitchforks and the torches I say, take and burn 'em all  Angry !

Did anyone pull a prank on a T$R mate on April Fool's? I was hoping they'd get a mail with a cat's ass picture macro saying "UP YORZ" , but I got here too late  Embarrassed

Anothar Newb!Oh naaaaaaaaaaay...

+++ Very ghost-alike due to school +++
sidhe
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: 2009 April 08, 17:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not yet read this entire thread, it is after all longer than my Master's Thesis  Cheesy, but I will get through it eventually. In the meantime can anyone tell me about this "spy ware" that TSR is reputed to attach to their files? I have heard about this before and would love to get some solid information. Are they bar coding files or embedding a security script or what?

So long and thanks for all the fish...
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: