PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 14:08:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816597 times)
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #960 on: 2009 April 07, 19:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?p=717 - coconut's response to the TSR myths.

To put paid to another myth - coconut is NOT Shakeshaft, and not a thief or a hacker, peoples.

This was amazing.  I am so impressed by Coconut.  To see someone of such incredible morality shine the light on truth is a thing of beauty.  Unlike the announcement at TSR which produced more heat than light, coconut illuminates. 

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 2009 April 07, 19:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loved coconut's response. It really pointed out some of TSR's contradictions that I didn't noticed (granted, I didn't read all of their article, it got boring, so I skipped to the end)

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 2009 April 07, 19:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone asked who we can report ethics violations to besides EA, since EA doesn't give a flying duck. 

There's the Better Business Bureau.  I think they might only care about US companies though, but it's worth a try, since many TSR customers are in the States.  And we can always report EA, no shortage of things to complain about there, though most not directly tied to TSR.  Sadly, EA has an A grade from the BBB.

There is also the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).  They are the ACLU of the intarwebz.  TSR hacking Buggybooz account is something that would be in line with their interests, I hope.

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #963 on: 2009 April 07, 19:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone asked who we can report ethics violations to besides EA, since EA doesn't give a flying duck. 

There's the Better Business Bureau.  I think they might only care about US companies though, but it's worth a try, since many TSR customers are in the States.  And we can always report EA, no shortage of things to complain about there, though most not directly tied to TSR.  Sadly, EA has an A grade from the BBB.

There is also the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).  They are the ACLU of the intarwebz.  TSR hacking Buggybooz account is something that would be in line with their interests, I hope.

The unfortunate thing is that Delphy has to come up with proof of who it is before EFF, or BBB can do anything in terms of ethics or legal violations- The other issue is that any potential case crosses a stupid number of international borders as TSR is in Sweden, and I do believe Delphy  and his server are  in the U.K , and I am not entirely sure where Buggybooz hails from. We can however address the TSR/EA issue in as many forums as we can - bad reviews in Amazon, comments on Google etc.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 2009 April 07, 19:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was a brilliant, well-thought out response by coconut and I luvz her. One of the strongest points for me was the one about allowing TSR a role in investigating themselves. It just makes no sense, whatsoever.
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 2009 April 07, 20:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good point! Until I read Coconut's response, I thought the strangest thing was TSR's "She stole that information by violating our privacy... and also it's all fake" stance. But that's definitely weird, and something I hadn't even noticed until Coconut pointed it out. It's kind of like the police giving a suspect all the details of an investigation before any charges have been laid, isn't it? Of course, I don't know what all information Delphy has or how much he's shared with Steve, but it does seem like he's giving TSR a great opportunity to cover their tracks.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 2009 April 07, 20:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the strongest points for me was the one about allowing TSR a role in investigating themselves. It just makes no sense, whatsoever.

I agree. It would be like Bobby Kennedy asking for Jimmy Hoffa's help to gather evidence against organized crime. I also love how TSR needs so much time to gather their "evidence". Time goes by, people forget what happened, everyone gets muddled...

But ya know, we don't even need more evidence. It's all there in TSR's own words, as coconut has shown. The contradictions within the TSR document speak for themselves.

rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 2009 April 07, 20:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have and A grade because the BBB sends the complaints to EA, EA says they handled it, and when the person that complained to the BBB gets a reply back from them saying EA has fixed the problem to the best of their ability and the person says no, that didn't fix it, they need to do more, the BBB basically says "Well they did all they can do, and what they did should be to your liking. If its not, too bad, they can't do anymore." Really, it seems the BBB doesn't give a damn what happens, they just want to make it look like they are helping, and in this case, no, not really.

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 2009 April 07, 20:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What did they have to prove by doing it? Simply that they could and throw so much dust into the air to confuse things that the issue would get buried and left behind when a new atrocity comes along, I suppose.

If that's the case, it's positively backwards.  Yes, maybe it will put a layer of confusion on everything, but confusion is just that, confusion.  Some will believe one side and some will believe the other.  If they do something later, even if it ends up as vague as this, it will do the same thing, except that people will be more likely to say, "uh-huh, TSR.  How many times do we have to buy this story?" 

Each time someone gets hacked and it looks like TSR did it?  TSR becomes less and less believable, the more likely people are to believe they did it.  "Okay, we can buy into ignorance the first time.  Maybe even the second, but the third time? C'mon guys..." 

To put paid to another myth - coconut is NOT Shakeshaft, and not a thief or a hacker, peoples.

Who was accusing Coconut?  I did point out that I thought TSR was setting her up, (again, I refer to Coconut as a she, because most FA's seem to be female) to make it look like she did something.    I (and I assume most people) dismissed her as a suspect, simply because it totally goes against everything Coconut has done so far.  So far Coconut hasn't done anything really illegal. (TSR says different, but that's TSR.)   Also, Coconut is smart.  For her to hack MTS2, or anywhere else, would be beyond stupid, and Coconut ain't stupid.   Coconut does the most good by doing exactly what she's doing now, keeping us informed.  However, now that TSR is denying that any true breech in security happened, then what would be the point of TSR hacking Buggy like that?  When the idea was that TSR was saying they were hacked, I could so see everything they did, because it would be to their advantage to do a lousy hack, claim they were hacked, then let people decide for themselves who it could be, while pointing out that this Coconut person seems to be able to find her way around the site. 

I did point out that I could see Shakeshaft having the motive for hacking Buggy.   I still say Shakeshaft had a motive.  But, I don't think Shakeshaft is Coconut. 

Forgive me folks, if I'm not willing to take all of this totally on blind faith.  Yes, I believe TSR did it, but as I pointed out before, if I wasn't involved in this site, if I was still back in the old days, playing neutral, my first question would be, "What was TSR's motive for doing this?  What could they hope to gain, over what they were sure to lose, by hacking Buggy?" 

The hack of Sim secrets, the motive is easy.  But even that, I don't think it was TSR, I think it was Atwa. I think the SAU being hacked was Atwa, she certainly had the motive. 

In fact, I wonder sometimes if this is the work of Atwa and Atwa alone.  She has "Hide my IP," it was given to her as a gift from Thomas.  The only reason why I don't think it's her or her alone,  is because we've been told she still works for TSR, but she's doing it behind the scenes.  If Thomas had kept true to his word and really removed her from the site, then I'd say it was Atwa, seeking revenge.   (Hell hath no fury...) 

I want to get to the bottom of this.  And from the bottom of my heart, I hope it IS TSR doing this and that we can prove it, somehow.  However, I don't want to base everything on the basis of "Well, he said, she said."   

If Coconut came forward and said, "I have a screen shot of Thomas saying that he was going to take care of Buggy," then I'd go, "Ok, now I'm sure it was Thomas."  Because I believe Coconut, even if she can't always show the evidence.  But she doesn't have anything like that.  She does have evidence that there was a meeting to discuss how to let Shakeshaft get away with stealing and that I believe.  But what we believe here doesn't matter as much.  Who we have to get to believe is either EA games, or enough paid subscribers to TSR, that the site is destroyed by lack of income.   While the evidence to you and me and many others says that TSR is sleazy, it sure wouldn't hold up in a court of law.   And not everyone is going to believe, just on our word, that TSR is the evil empire.   

About the only motive I can think is that it was originally done to set up Coconut.  But once TSR saw the shitstorm that blaming a hacker would cause (people upset that someone had access to their information, and TSR never warned them) that they went, "Oops, well, that didn't work.  Damage Control!" 

The only other thing I could think of is that TSR wants us to believe that Coconut hacked MTS2, but never hacked TSR.  In which case, again we have the "How did they know Buggy's password?"  Maybe they figure most people will never connect the "same password" connection, but will instead think that whoever broke into the MST2 account used another way to get the password. 

If someone has another theory as to why TSR would have done this, please feel free to share.  Because I'm afraid it just doesn't look very believable to say, "Because they're TSR and they're evil."  We know that, but the other side is busy telling eveyrone we're evil.   For us to get people on our side, we have to be able to back up what we say with more evidence than TSR does.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
falln_angel
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 2009 April 07, 20:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give you that it being an organized attack carried out by TSR as a whole seems somewhat unlikely. However, it's completely probably that someone with position in the organization *ahemthomassahem* went solo and acted without thinking, and now TSR is trying to clean up the mess without getting their hands dirty. Or rather, pretending it doesn't exist and hoping that we'll all just forget about it.

Twilight is that movie where angsty vampires do each other’s makeup in high school, right? And instead of sunlight exploding them, it turns their skin into body glitter? I’m not judging you, man. That’s a really, really cool thing to enjoy. --Seanbaby
cookiepirate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 2009 April 07, 21:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor Dot, here she goes again:

And to DiamondSim, Yes, let's hope the real thieves to pay for their crimes (unfortunately for you, it ain't the pirates!).

~ the happy little cookiepirate ~
Cookie Cannibal
MONDAYS - A terrible way to spend 1/7th of your life
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 2009 April 07, 21:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how DOT even manages to remember how to breathe, considering her immense and unbounded stupidity. Mourning in silence means mourning IN SILENCE.

kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: 2009 April 07, 21:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She fancies herself an artiste. ORLY?

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 2009 April 07, 21:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless I'm wrong, most of the Emails came from Paleoanth.  And I can verify the truth of them, even the "I wuv Thomas" letter she sent directly to Paleoanth, because I got the exact same letter.  I think she CC'ed it to everyone she knew.  But all the PM's that she and I exchanged?  All are legit.  Unfortunately, my PMs and such were destroyed when my last computer fried and died.  But I would know if they were messed with.   

Everything in the booty is paid for.
No one took anything in the booty, repackaged it and claimed it was theirs
Are you admitting that TSR is an employee of EA? Because we attacked TSR on the BBS.    The EA bashing was more BBS bashing, asking why we couldn't talk about this issue. 
When did it become okay to attack and artist?  Do you mean Shakeshaft?  In which case, "When did it become okay to steal?  When did it become a crime to call a thief a thief?

We don't boast about stealing.  If you are refering to the games, we have an entire thread devoted to people taking pictures of their legitimately bought games.  If you're talking about the booty?  Again, you were paid for all of it.  If there is bragging going on, we're bragging about sharing  Since you have the mentality of a five year old, you certainly must understand what the word "Share" means. 

Maybe the community isn't in an outrage because we're starting to realize what the truth is.  Maybe we're tired of , TSR, deciding that much like the 5 thousand pound gorilla, it can shit anywhere it wants to, and where it usually wants to shit is on us.  Maybe we are tired of seeing people suckered into feeling they have to pay for content.  Maybe we're sick of seeing that you folks can act all high and mighty and gleefully chuckle when it's YOU being the assholes, but the moment we do anything you dislike, you get all whiny about it. 

Dot, you're as much of a failure at playing "Little Emo Bitch" as you are at playing Kindergarten Art teacher.  Stick to making your lamps.  You've been showing some improvement on those, clearly that's what you should keep doing.  Making your lamps, collecting your money,  and spending it, until your house of cards known as TSR comes falling down.

You aren't helping your side, bitch.  Every time I see you attempt to rise up, it just makes me angrier at all of you. 

If you want to know what's wrong with the community?  Look in the fucking mirror.  And bring Thomas with you.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Nutty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 2009 April 07, 21:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very poetic. So many things are wrong in that post:

I mourn in silence for the Sims Community and what has become of it over the years.

I do too. You're the guys who's damaged it though, not us.

Why is the Community not outraged at the stealing of private words, and the posting of private emails, all twisted to suit thieves needs?

Because it's too busy being outraged at the fact you shared the private details in the first place? Tongue Not even to just a handful of folk, either - as has been pointed out, hundreds of people have had access to people's true names, even phone numbers and addresses. A lot of damage can be done with that info.

Why is the Community not outraged at the stealing and redistribution of every FAs work against their wishes?

Because it's more concerned about the way you rip people off using EA's files, perhaps? If not for their original content and code, you would all be out of a job. Besides, as has been pointed out, everything in the booty was bought through subs, and later shared. Not before being cleaned of your malware though!

When did it become okay with pride, to boast about stealing?

Don't know. Try asking your fellow FAs sometime.

When did it become okay to wait 'in the dark' for the opportunity to attack people?

That's a good question, isn't it? Maybe you should ask your boss Tongue

They make me laugh, and at the same time make me very sad with what they don't know, or understand, and can't see.

I could say the same about you guys at TSR Tongue

You can't take art from an artist holding it hostage.  Art is inside of an artist, but they wouldn't know that.
They don't know anything.

Pfft! Don't we? Check out the "Ugliest Paysite Creation Find" or "Free Content Pwns Paysite Crap" threads sometime. The fact you guys charge for this shit just beggars belief. Which leads me to the other point - you're the ones holding it hostage by charging for it; we're the ones who free them to the masses.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: