PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 22:36:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 815881 times)
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #855 on: 2009 April 04, 10:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A well liked Matyan is an oxymoron.  Whoever posted that Sim Secret is a plain moron

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: 2009 April 04, 10:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a consistent position: they're greedy. That's consistent. Being consistent doesn't mean one is good morally Wink.
Yeah, well, "morally good" is not really a characteristic I place a particularly high value on. Given the choice been consistency of ethos, and "goodness" of ethos, I will take someone who has a consistent ethos that they adhere to unwaveringly. "Goodness" for its own sake is an erratic and often destructive philosophy.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Immortelle
ARR!

Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: 2009 April 04, 11:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gather you vehemently disagree with the entirity of Aristotles 'the Ethics', Pescado

My Sims 3 blog --> http://transimvaniaremixed.blogspot.com (no sparklies, I promise!)
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: 2009 April 04, 11:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

neriana, lets just agree to disagree, ok?

Pescado, since you are awake let me ask you a question.  Why do you think it's a statistical coincedence that only 5 or 6 people share the exact same IP address *and* the same browser string (which in itself is a fairly unique one) out of a database of tens of millions of rows?  Sharing the same IP address is not uncommon.  Having the same browser string as the person next to you is also not uncommon, but consider this:  The browser strings never actually came up *until* I posted my first thread on S2C.  How could one person *randomly* choose the exact same browser string as the ones used in the MTS2 and TSR logs if this information was never public?  As far as I can tell none of the oher sites that got hacked have this information - they only have IP addresses.  So how would a hacker get it?  The simple answer (and the one that fits the evidence) is: They didn't.  The simple answer is that it's the same person, so therefore it is *not* statistically a coincedence, as you seem to think, that very very few people share the same IP and browser.

I'd like your thoughts on this please.
Veles
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: 2009 April 04, 12:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello there, pirates! I'm not the public creator, meaning that my stuff are only for my sims, so TSR cannot delete them. Still, I'm pissed about this whole thing going on! WTF - showing your address, phone number and such so everybody can see?! Deleting somebody's work because s/he won't allow you to steal it and walk away?! There's a word for that - illegal, matey...

Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: 2009 April 04, 14:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, since you are awake let me ask you a question. 

Pes doesn't sleep, he waits.  Roll Eyes

ETA: Simsecret people seem to think it's someone called "Waverly".  I haven't a clue who that is, I've never seen anyone here named Waverly.  Undecided
« Last Edit: 2009 April 04, 15:07:35 by Tits McGee » Logged

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Destria
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: 2009 April 04, 16:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Simsecret people seem to think it's someone called "Waverly".  I haven't a clue who that is, I've never seen anyone here named Waverly.  Undecided

*delurks*
This Waverly?
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: 2009 April 04, 16:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was an FA named Waverly. She used to bomb the site with bedroom sets in every unimaginable wood tone you could possibly think of (I named one particular hue Pink Salmonella, and another one Well, That's Not Black At All ). I also remember her because, once she started uploading, it would take pages and pages before she was finished and I would think to myself, "Her again!"

There's also a fabric company that's called Waverly. They were particularly well known for their cloying floral prints. Both the floral prints and the FA are considered passé, I believe.

(let's see if that smokes her out)
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 2009 April 04, 16:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I summed up my reaction on Sim secrets to this.  Either someone has an identity crisis or they're an asshole.  Someone just doing it to stir trouble would go under asshole along with anyone doing this "just because."  

Remember a few weeks ago, there was a secret that someone said that they were at TSR  and here, and they pretended to get all indignant over Pirates, but laughed to themselves, because they didn't care?  Well, maybe it's the same person.  Or, maybe it's a different person and this is the other bookend to that person.

It doesn't matter.  If we were an exclusive, private forum, that would be different, but anyone can come here.  It's not like we have a special area for only the "Inner Circle" of PMBD.

Of course, maybe there is one, and I just don't qualify, so no one has told me.   Grin  I'll put on my tinfoil hat and think about that one.

<--- found on Waverly's page.  

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: 2009 April 04, 17:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you think it's a statistical coincedence that only 5 or 6 people share the exact same IP address *and* the same browser string (which in itself is a fairly unique one) out of a database of tens of millions of rows?
Which 5 or 6 people are we talking about? There's only one INTERESTING coincidence, the rest being obviously the same reason, and that one was only interesting because the person in question hasn't appeared in ages...and there are any number of explanations behind why that matches.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Xanadu
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: 2009 April 04, 20:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<--- found on Waverly's page.  

Once someone has found a chest and claims it, it no longer is claimable by anyone else.  Nice way to draw false action on your website.  *rollseyes*
Paleoanth
ARR!

1337 |-|@X0r

View Profile WWW
« Reply #866 on: 2009 April 04, 21:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Calalily's response to the Myths

http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?p=704#more-704

Get my Barn set at Calalilysims

Shakeshaft is a THIEF and Thomas is pathetic.
Grotesque Sharonicle
Landlubber

My Preciooooooouuusss

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: 2009 April 04, 22:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yaay, Calalily you're awesome I love you. You said all that the pirates wanted to say, but didn't know how (or at least I didn't know how).

I really missed this place.
A long time passed by since the last time I was here.
And 1 thing always stays the same.

Threads of TSR being a peeping Tom. When will they stop, I mean... It's ridiculous! What's next? They'll come to my house and check my underwear?
They probably already know exactly how much I poop a day...  Huh

ETA: They're just... Ridiculous.

Anothar Newb!Oh naaaaaaaaaaay...

+++ Very ghost-alike due to school +++
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #868 on: 2009 April 04, 22:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey!  Its been a while.  And yup, tht about sums it up.  TSR is like that desperate kid in school - so wanting to be popular, but going about it the entirely wrong way.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: 2009 April 04, 23:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think TSR cares about popularity except inasmuch as it affects their bottom line.

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: