PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:39:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 806969 times)
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #840 on: 2009 April 04, 02:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Random bullshitter or a spy in our midst?
I see it as an entirely legitimate position: We can't have spies in our "midst" because we don't really have a midst, this is a public forum. They like free stuff, and they like getting paid money. This is an entirely reasonable and consistent position.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 2009 April 04, 02:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Delphy, it is more a personal relationship going on then someone getting money under the tables.

And i think that secret was meant to stir up crap too. But then again you never know....

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 2009 April 04, 03:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, yeah right. I don't know of many well-liked cross-members of PMBD and MATY that are active any more. Don't get me wrong, I do still quite like the ones that are cross-members but the being active on both forums has rather died in recent times. Methinks it be an idiot trying to start shit.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #843 on: 2009 April 04, 03:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed - most of the people from MATY that also posted here regularly that I liked haven't posted much at all.  Unless they use completely different handles, which is possible, then its just someone trying to start us fighting amongst ourselves again. Tongue

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
kenmtl
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: 2009 April 04, 03:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see it as an entirely legitimate position: We can't have spies in our "midst" because we don't really have a midst, this is a public forum. They like free stuff, and they like getting paid money. This is an entirely reasonable and consistent position.

ORLY?   hmmm interesting

I'm in ur forums propagating ur discussions
Like free shit? Me too. Get it here!
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 2009 April 04, 03:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ORLY?   hmmm interesting
No, it's not me. Seriously. Me? An artist? Ahahaha. But no, I simply see it as an entirely reasonable position. If someone wants to take TSR's money, I don't see the problem. They're not all here butthurt and whining about us being pirates while secretly downloading. It's a consistent philosophical position.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #846 on: 2009 April 04, 03:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes has a point.  I know I said that if EA ever came out saying paysites are AOk, that I'd be glad to sell crap while giving good stuff away for free.  Just to make a point - besides, I'd also donate it to the booty Smiley 

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: 2009 April 04, 03:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a consistent position: they're greedy. That's consistent. Being consistent doesn't mean one is good morally Wink.

Of course, that's assuming this person exists in the first place.

Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: 2009 April 04, 03:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and come on - you know better than I do that TSR are *not* the sole invitee to the events that the Maxoids throw! So the part of your argument that "EA only ever invite TSR" is basically useless and backed up by evidence thats actually provable - ie *all* of the events that have gone down in the past 4 years.

Did I say EA only ever invites TSR? I certainly don't recall typing it.

Yeah, you basically implied it when you said this:

Quote from: neriana
You are right; EA keeps inviting TSR to "fan" stuff. They keep not inviting other people.

Not inviting other people + keep inviting TSR = only inviting TSR.  Apologies if your implied statement was not your actual one.

I find the idea that employees of a company go against that company's interests because people outside the company are NICE to them absolutely and utterly ludicrous. But sure, if you think the "Maxoids" are that silly and unprofessional. I don't think quite that poorly of them.

You dont?  I would think that "The Maxoids are being PAID by TSR" to mean that you think they *are* unprofessional, as well as illegal and underhanded.

Either you think they are unprofessional or you don't - and if you *dont* then it pretty much means the entire "Maxoids are paid by TSR" theory is based on... well, nothing, really.  (and lets face it's there is zero evidence to suggest that this theory is based on anything resembling facts, but we have years of evidence to prove that TSR talk closely with the Maxoids.  I know which one I would pick... but then I'm probably one of the sanest here. Wink)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 2009 April 04, 03:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you did not. I also think that everybody on this site is aware that other sites were also invited to the camp (even though it can be argued that TSR was shown particular preference)  but then I haven't read the "EA only ever invite TSR" thread. Maybe I should go look it up. - Wink

As far as the Sim Secret secret, it's probably just another TSR shit stirrer hoping to make us suspicious about, oh, let's say kenmtl ('cause if anyone does it for pay...). No doubt, they cooked it up in one of their super secret meetings thinking we'd be at each others throats about it. Like we'd need that  for an excuse. Stupid TSR.

neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: 2009 April 04, 04:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and come on - you know better than I do that TSR are *not* the sole invitee to the events that the Maxoids throw! So the part of your argument that "EA only ever invite TSR" is basically useless and backed up by evidence thats actually provable - ie *all* of the events that have gone down in the past 4 years.

Yeah, you basically implied it when you said this:

You are right; EA keeps inviting TSR to "fan" stuff. They keep not inviting other people.

Not inviting other people + keep inviting TSR = only inviting TSR.  Apologies if your implied statement was not your actual one.

It was not my implied statement. It was the way you read what I wrote, but I'm starting to think you and I actually speak entirely different languages, because you keep misunderstanding me completely, which is not something I'm used to, whether on the internet or off it. And I write A LOT.

EA keeps giving large numbers of invitation slots to TSR while withholding invitation slots from other groups. Not ALL other groups, but many other groups. Besides this withholding, the disproportionately large number of slots allocated to TSR necessarily leaves fewer invitation slots open for other (more talented) people.

I find the idea that employees of a company go against that company's interests because people outside the company are NICE to them absolutely and utterly ludicrous. But sure, if you think the "Maxoids" are that silly and unprofessional. I don't think quite that poorly of them.

You dont?  I would think that "The Maxoids are being PAID by TSR" to mean that you think they *are* unprofessional, as well as illegal and underhanded.

Either you think they are unprofessional or you don't - and if you *dont* then it pretty much means the entire "Maxoids are paid by TSR" theory is based on... well, nothing, really.  (and lets face it's there is zero evidence to suggest that this theory is based on anything resembling facts, but we have years of evidence to prove that TSR talk closely with the Maxoids.  I know which one I would pick... but then I'm probably one of the sanest here. Wink)

I said I didn't think that were THAT silly and unprofessional. The word "that" is not unnecessary to the sentence. I do think they are unprofessional. I don't know about silly; EA is known for treating its employees crappily, EA is losing money, being paid under the table may not be silly at all. I do not know that they are being paid under the table. I think it is the most likely scenario -- and, as I said, I think this scenario actually gives them more credit than the idea that they favor TSR because TSR is (supposedly) nice to them.

I also think that admitting you believe you're one of the sanest people here is perhaps not the sanest thing you've ever done.

theblackcatsluck
Landlubber

Peanut Gallery, Now with 100% MOAR Lurking!

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: 2009 April 04, 06:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delurking for the first time, though I'm pretty sure all of you will wish I didn't.
If someone was to look at the very basic information on this whole mess, it would seem pretty straight forward who did it and what happened. There are just so many gray areas in this whole thing that have popped up and it's become rather political in a way. The more is said, it seems the more attention is distracted from the original issue of the stolen Custom Content. The way the whole thing is going it might just build on itself in till the whole thing is dropped because it's gotten so far from what it was about in the first place that there's nothing left really but he said, she said. (Run on sentence for the lose) I hope it doesn't happen, but it seems to be most likely way this is going. I doubt that would be planned, since the folks at TSR seem to have the average intelligence of most drunk rednecks.

100% More Lurking! Cause we all know I have nothing good to say!
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: 2009 April 04, 08:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a sidenote, SimSecret no. 106 this week:

Definitely bullshit. TSR needs to do whatever they can to draw attention off of them. Nice try, but FAIL.

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Emma
Goopy Lover
ARR!

All Pescados Suck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #853 on: 2009 April 04, 08:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely call bullshit. No-one is well liked on MATY. Tongue
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 2009 April 04, 10:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely call bullshit. No-one is well liked on MATY. Tongue

And I could not even imagine a MATYan saying they are 'well liked'. And there are few cross overs between the two forums. Just does not fit, so yea I call stirring also.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: