PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:46:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 806907 times)
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #795 on: 2009 April 03, 16:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it's not like it's a regular newsletter, they only seem to send it out when there is some sort of drama going on.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: 2009 April 03, 16:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found this interesting...  I got "mail" when I checked the BBS:

Administrative Action [delete]

Your account has been banned for 3 days for posting off topic threads after you and other members have been warned. If you continue to post off topic threads after 3 days, your account will be banned for a longer period or permanently. Please review the BBS rules and our Terms of Service:

I never posted a thread, I only replied in them.   So, why was I banned?  There is a new rule that you can't reply in off topic threads that other people start? 

It irritates me, because I didn't do what they said, and it entirely ignores the real reason.  I was banned for dissin' their buddies, TSR.  And they can't even be bothered to give me a reason that covers what I actually did.

And I can't even argue this, because it's not signed, and if I start a thread to ask about it, I'll be told I was off topic and get banned again. 

Nice. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: 2009 April 03, 17:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, if anything, is happening with the TSR/Buggybooz investigation?

I know these things take time, but I hope it doesn't drop into the memory hole of the interwebz.

Darqstar, what a classic Catch-22.

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: 2009 April 03, 17:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Darqstar
I was banned for dissin' their buddies, TSR.  And they can't even be bothered to give me a reason that covers what I actually did.

An obvious indication that their association with TSR is now causing them endless grief is that they have to take Draconian measures to cover that fact. The writing is on the wall EAbots: Ditch TSR or lose tons of money. Just remember that your McMansion McPayments may be at stake. Choose wisely.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: 2009 April 03, 17:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, if the SimMasters are no longer doing the moderation, what *DO* they do? Are they now like superfluous hangers-on that exist to look official while having no actual duties or powers, much like, say, MATY Senators?

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: 2009 April 03, 17:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, if anything, is happening with the TSR/Buggybooz investigation?

I know these things take time, but I hope it doesn't drop into the memory hole of the interwebz.

Darqstar, what a classic Catch-22.

I haven't forgotten about it - I'm just waiting for some answers to some questions back from Steve at TSR. 
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: 2009 April 03, 18:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think even the Mods at the BBS (doesn't that stand for Big Bundle of Shit?) do much moderating- the definition after all means to hold the balance between one side and the other or to be in the middle- Pescado is a moderator- The mods at GOS, Insim, MATY, and WickedNouk are moderators - they give everyone a chance to state what they think even if they disagree or it goes against admin opinion - of course they might poke fun at you later if you are an idiot, but, they respect your right to have an opinion and to state it.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: 2009 April 03, 18:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't forgotten about it - I'm just waiting for some answers to some questions back from Steve at TSR. 
I don't really think they have answers. This is a case of the hands not knowing what the others are doing, although if you leave them alone long enough, they'll either drop it down a pit and forget about it, or manage to come up with some kind of coherent fabrication that they can all stick to. You can see this already in their wild initial stories, none of which they could consistently verify with even each other. The fact of the matter is that their technician has explicitly denied that any security breach took place, which clearly begs the question of how this information got into the hands of allegedly unaffiliated characters given that the security breach NEVER HAPPENED.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #803 on: 2009 April 03, 18:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my message too, Darq - the real crock of shit is, I never got a warning - I never even got a warning in the threads asking for clarification - I just got threads deleted and banned.  So, the ban email goes into my screen shot folder and once I figure out -who- to contact and how, its going to them.

Is it bad I'm far more annoyed at EA now, than I am at TSR?

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Nutty
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: 2009 April 03, 18:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got my message too, Darq - the real crock of shit is, I never got a warning - I never even got a warning in the threads asking for clarification - I just got threads deleted and banned.  So, the ban email goes into my screen shot folder and once I figure out -who- to contact and how, its going to them.

Pff, they're as bad as each other Undecided Thomas reminds me of Tony Blair with his spin tactics Angry

Hi, by the way *waves* I've been following for a while, finally feeling brave enough to step out of the shadows. I have a theory about the SM announcement, though; aren't a couple of them working for TSR? Sounds like they're trying to cover their arses by stripping the TSR guys of their mod powers.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 2009 April 03, 18:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. EA is the root of the problem.

Sigmund
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: 2009 April 03, 18:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a theory about the SM announcement, though; aren't a couple of them working for TSR? Sounds like they're trying to cover their arses by stripping the TSR guys of their mod powers.

I don't know about the SimMasters, but several of the Maxoids are most likely in TSR's pocket, and unfortunately they're still around. Drea, for one, is definitely not subtle about it. To be honest, I'm not even sure what it is that SMs do at the site, so I'm not sure what to make of this.

I sing along with elevator music.
Lowell
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 2009 April 03, 18:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a theory about the SM announcement, though; aren't a couple of them working for TSR? Sounds like they're trying to cover their arses by stripping the TSR guys of their mod powers.
Steve's SimMaster account is still active by last check, yes; I got the impression from Anubis's post that those accounts still hold their power, they're just not the ones that users are supposed to actively turn to or anything. Kind of a blanket "we all quit/were fired/were technically demoted for consistency's sake, so go to those guys instead."

Which is rather amusing, because wasn't it that (up until a bunch of them jumped ship within a week some time back) the SMs were the ones who were at least trying to come off as even-handed, while the Maxoids have consistently been the ones doing the T$R coverups and declaring places like MATY as "unfit content for the BBS"? That's kind of a large step towards censorship (as much as you can consider it censorship on a forum that could be considered as 'private domain' in spite of it belonging to a publicly-traded company) the likes of which hadn't been seen up to that point. Of course, this is all just theoretical - I avoid the place except for if I'm linked to something specific there - but considering the connection between EA and T$R (even without factoring in Steve's SM account), which they're only making more obvious by the day, it's not the most unheard of thing. I'd like to say that I don't think that it's possible that this is the vein that it's heading towards and that it might even be the reason why the accounts of some people here were banned without so much as a warning, but I'm not sure I can positively convince myself that it doesn't have at least a slight chance of being a possibility.
rum nate
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: 2009 April 03, 18:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been on the bbs for a while. I was going to post in the threads people were posting links to on here, but they were all deleted by the time I got on. I really don't care if they ban me or anything. I do love the fact that they can't even give the right reason for banning.

On an unrelated note, the official site has decided to post their own marcos, and used some of the common phrases used here, like Do Not Want. Here is a link to their marcos if anyone cares, http://thesims2.ea.com/community/lolsims/index.php

Quote from: Paden
I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them with a fox, I would not trust them here or there, I would not trust them anywhere. I do not like that mental scar, I would not trust that TSR...
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #809 on: 2009 April 03, 19:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My opinion would be that EA being the corrupt business that they are and being in the financial trouble they are in since the whole SporecuROM issue (look up their sales from last quarter- I have read  minus 641 million dollars from the year before), given the issues over TSR and the Great Paysite Debate at the moment it could be that EA is simply making buddies only to have someone to blame when their sales are poor this year- The demotion of the Simsmasters like Steve could be a ruse so EA can make believe they are doing something in order to claim " Good Customer Service" and that they are listening to the complaints of gamers- or it could be the first step in selling TSR up Shit Creek without boat, paddle, or lifejacket when pardon me for another cliched saying the shit hits the fan at full speed cause some of use won't have anything to do with EA/will not purchase further new games etc because they condone TSR's actions, address customer complaints.

Wanna know what Bill Gates did when Content Creators for his Simulation Games like Zoo Tycoon Started charging and violating his Eula- made the tools so that you had to know how to write code to put new shit in the game and closed down the paysites- What does EA Games do - kisses up to the paysites and sweeps misdeeds under the rugs, tells the customers they are wrong (big no no people big no no), and ignores repeated requests to stop associating with paysites- See the problem here- Bill Gates/Microsoft are good business people- EA Games not so much.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 03, 20:34:41 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: