PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:00:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 807112 times)
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #765 on: 2009 April 02, 22:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhhhh! Your DOT avatar scurrred me, Sabian the II! LMao!  Wink

LOL, true. But really your booty bag doesn't have a "shape". 

LOL 'shape,' ahh. And it doesn't have 'finals' or 'hardware' either. But let that demise be on shakeshit, since she stole made the bag.  Cheesy

Eta: You are forgiven Sabian! Yes, that would have been a nice AFD touch! Although tsr beat EVERYONE yesterday! tsr for the AFD win!
« Last Edit: 2009 April 02, 22:37:01 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 2009 April 02, 22:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pro-free doesn't mean you're part of the destroy paysite cause, it just means you think all CC should be free.
Exactly. And what TSR doesn't realize is that you can be pro-free and not be a pirate. I've not arr'd any games, music, yada yada. It's just not for me. But just because I'm not interested in that doesn't mean that I'm pro-paysite. The EULA says no profiting from content, and even if it didn't I'd not support a paysite simply because I think it's stupid to pay a 3rd party for pixels that I can't touch and might not be able to trust. Wink I'd say there are a lot of us out there who would rather have it free and honest, unlike some of the ARRing FAs I've heard who are pretending to have bought their games. Cheesy

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
BoilerFox
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 2009 April 02, 22:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL 'shape,' ahh. And it doesn't have 'finals' or 'hardware' either. But let that demise be on shakeshit, since she stole made the bag.  Cheesy

The gall of TSR will never cease to amaze me. People like that are the reason I keep all my creations to myself. Well, that and I don't make anything very good. :-P

This thread has been a trip to read. Just when you think people can't sink any lower TSR rears its ugly head.
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 2009 April 02, 22:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Techincally, I don't even know if I could call myself a pirate.  Yes, I come here.  I'm sure TSR thinks I'm a pirate.  But, I've never shared any paid content.  Well, I did share one thing, but that was with someone who had bought it before from TSR, then their account expired, her computer fried, and she lost all her pay items.  I didn't feel bad giving her one measly item that she had already paid for once. I don't call that sharing, I call that restoring.  But other than that?  Nope.  Damn my stupid promise to them that I wouldn't share any of their pay items with anyone! 

I also haven't donated money to this site, thanks to being freakin' broke.  (but, good news, the doctor says I can go back to work on the 18th, unless something happens and I re-injure myself) 

Which brings me to a question... do we have any ways of donating money? Is there a general paypal account somewhere? Because I don't see a donation button on the site.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 2009 April 02, 22:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For TSR, it's like they're playing a game of Limbo with morality and legality. Someone pulls something low/stupid and the rest watch from the sidelines, chanting, "How low can ya go? How low can ya go?" Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #770 on: 2009 April 02, 22:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pro-free doesn't mean you're part of the destroy paysite cause, it just means you think all CC should be free.
Exactly. And what TSR doesn't realize is that you can be pro-free and not be a pirate. I've not arr'd any games, music, yada yada. It's just not for me. But just because I'm not interested in that doesn't mean that I'm pro-paysite. The EULA says no profiting from content, and even if it didn't I'd not support a paysite simply because I think it's stupid to pay a 3rd party for pixels that I can't touch and might not be able to trust. Wink I'd say there are a lot of us out there who would rather have it free and honest, unlike some of the ARRing FAs I've heard who are pretending to have bought their games. Cheesy

Exactly- while I do download here and other fsf sites  it is generally stuff from sites that have long gone extinct due to the greed of people like Thoma$$, Peggy, et al - or for stuff that is hard to find because creators have lost their files in leaving a site etc.  I mostly like Maxis match furniture which means I mostly go to SironaSims2, Piggis Sims2, Simcastic, and Mod the Sims for my Sim House Decorating Needs- why should I buy it from you ? Especially since half your Maxis Match creators x-post at Mod the Sims and other free sites.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 2009 April 02, 22:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if you have the contents of the entire booty in your download folder, you're still not a pirate. It's all copyrighted by EA after it's stuffed in the .package format.

Inactive
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 2009 April 02, 22:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they are trying to get top spot in google. 

Ha ha ha!  T$R google fail!

badcyn
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 2009 April 02, 23:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they are trying to get top spot in google. 

Ha ha ha!  T$R google fail!

That is fabulouS!

lollipop
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 2009 April 03, 00:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I found on the TSR front page news :

Posted by TSR Admin on Apr 1, 2009• TSR: Accusations, Lies, Bullying?

Myth: TSR place trojans in their downloads to gain information
The Story: In the early days of the Pirates and pay content file sharing, we put watermarks on the files at the point of downloading. This simply applied the TSR user ID, IP and time/date to the .package file of the downloader, so that we could take the files from the booty and see which user shared it. This was done server side, our end. It gathered no information about the user once they downloaded that file. This hardly constitutes a Trojan or virus.

The Fact: TSR, as a professional business, has no desire to add malware to its downloads and takes no part in such activities. The Pirates didn't like that we were on to them so cooked up this story because at the time they didn't know how we were catching them. They hated it even more when they found we used their own shared files against them! Of course they now know, but wont retract their claim because it adds too much value to their smear campaign.

Wouldn't this mean that TSR is still catching file sharers even from the booty even thou it's being cleaned?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: 2009 April 03, 00:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In their own deranged minds, maybe. TSR is the breeding ground and home of paranoid fools and the more they blither on about this shit, the more they are providing evidence that they are indeed, [CENSORED].

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: 2009 April 03, 00:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just look at the date that was posted. It is CLEARLY meant to be a joke.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #777 on: 2009 April 03, 01:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say they are  not succeeding-at gaining the top spot in Google, but they certainly are suckceeding at getting the top spot in Giggle (For all your search and destroy needs) Did not Thoma$$ pay attention to what day it was to make his little statement- Here Iwill make a statement on April Fools Day and see how many people believe me instead of laughing my at my  over- enlarged from eating freesites for lunch posterior- cause I am an idiot.

I'm tired of the excuses - Thomass- I don't know how old you are chronologically but, grow up, go back to college and take a class in Customer Service 101 (I want my account deleted, my moneys back  and all my stuff removed dude- number one rule of customer service - The Customer {thats me since I paid good money for my sub} is Always {and that means always even when they are wrong in your personal perspective that has no place in a profit making business} Right) - He and TSR have lost all their credibility with the financially responsible Sims Gamer .

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
ShadySentinel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: 2009 April 03, 01:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I think it'd be hilarious if a bunch of pirates entered and won.

You have more chance of Pigs flying.
Oh, I know. And I wasn't saying "Hey guys, let's do this!". I just think it'd be amusing if Thoma$$ had to hand over those prizes to pirates. Tongue

Blowing shit up is easy. Being politically correct is a pain in the ass.
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #779 on: 2009 April 03, 01:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If its like any other tsr contest, its rigged.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: