PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:35:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 807080 times)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #720 on: 2009 April 02, 18:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, imagine that your Thomass and one of your creators has been caught red-handed stealing the work of a much loved free creator. Your back is now firmly against the wall. What do you do?

Simple! In an effort to diffuse the situation you call in DOT and give her the responsibility of trying to discredit all those unfortunate screenshots that have proven what vile organization you run. Dot, always eager to prove what a tool she can be, immediately sets to work fabricating tutorials that pretty much go against all current knowledge of the subject she professes to know so well. But, hey, you suspect that your target audience of TSR subscribers aren't very bright to begin with, so what does a little thing like that matter? Then, for a breathtaking finale, DOT produces what's supposed to be an accurate recreation of coconut's blog. This in order that people will look at it and gasp in amazement at how similar they are, hopefully proving that coconut maybe did have enough time and dog-gone gumption to fake the several hundred screencaps that show the lowlifes that make up your site's creative team being their natural twatty selves.

Only problem is DOT's mock up of coconut's blog kind-of-sort-of doesn't look anything like the original. Again, what do you do? Well, if your Thomass of TSR, you go ahead and post it anyway because, of course, you never intended to link to the original so people could actually make any sort of comparison (that would have been just plain DOTarded of you).  Pretty slick of you, huh? Only problem is you actually used the real name of her blog in the otherwise obvious fake. So now people who had no idea that there was a blog named The True Face of TSR now do realize it, and (Great Googlefu!) can go make the comparisons for themselves.

If they do they will come to the inescapable conclusion that DOT sucks at photoshop and had no clue what the hell she's was talking about in her pretend tutorials.

Coconut's actual blog -

Dot's attempt following the methods involved in her own tutorials  -

Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2009 April 02, 19:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, my eyes are rolling so hard right now that I think they're gonna fall out, but someone does believe that load of codswallop, Jojoba. One of the teens on InSIM said she was going to check it all out for herself and read their side of the story.

TSR have not and will not post 'their side of the story'. They will post something which advantages them the most, which means it will often not contain all the facts or all elements. Posting their side will mean telling the truth on matters they do not want to discuss, and just will not happen. Too many questions for them to answer.

It is always best to look and read all you can with matters, but there are some who will not publically say their version - unless they manipulate that version and leave bits out of it.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: 2009 April 02, 19:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, my eyes are rolling so hard right now that I think they're gonna fall out, but someone does believe that load of codswallop, Jojoba. One of the teens on InSIM said she was going to check it all out for herself and read their side of the story. She got suckered in and now she's stamping around saying that if TSR gets taken down, she is never ever going to come back there again. My thing is, she didn't bother coming over here to see all that has passed in the history of this shit. She only went to one source. That bothers me, because she doesn't seem such a bad kid, but if she turns into a troll for them... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I really hate Thomas and company right not, I honestly do.

Unfortunately, some people have to learn the hard way- If she is a creator she will find out when she reaches FA or SA status and the pressure to increase her number of downloads is so great that she creates crappier and crappier stuff and is driven to the desperation of stealing from another creator (theoretically either Shakeshaft was a thief to begin with which in comparing some of her stuff to that of other creators with similar items other than Buggybooz, or she was so desperate because of Thoma$$ cracking the whip to make more money for the company that she was drive to it).

If she is just a gamer she will find out when her Sims sleep above the covers of the bed, or under the bed, or when her Sims die of hysterical laughter because ever our dear little AI driven pixels think that a great deal of TSR stuff looks funny.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 02, 19:16:58 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 2009 April 02, 19:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmph, just checked her profile and she's not a teen, she's an actual adult. Will wonders never cease at what people will believe after a couple jugs of electric Kool-Aid gets down their gullet?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2009 April 02, 19:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the second one is how coconut's blog looks in my browser. (And the thought that I apparently use the same settings as DOT is giving me serious pain.) However, it's black and green text, using a common font, on a white background. Of course it can be faked!

TSR is trying to get people wrapped up in technical stuff. They don't want people to use their powers of analysis, their memories, or their logical capabilities. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

Cui bono?

raebchen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: 2009 April 02, 19:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden, the way I look at it is that you can't always convince everyone. Somebody will always drink the koolaid no matter what it is. You could point them right to the facts and they will just stick their fingers in their ears and start singing.

And TSR is perfect at distorting the truth. I mean the sheer fact that they don't allow any discussion on this, makes it abundantly clear, that they know a few comments could destroy their own logic. I think that's why it's so important, to keep discussions on other sites going, so that anyone looking for the truth, has an easier time to find what they're looking for.

Official member of the "army of disillusioned miscreants" and proud of it! *waves at Thomass*
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 2009 April 02, 19:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, but it's still disheartening to see someone so openly declare support for the evil empire and blame the good guys for what's wrong. Hell, if it wasn't for the good guys, InSIM wouldn't be where it is today. I don't think Thom and Co. would have ever lent a hand to us, unless it was to give Walt more than he paid for it and lock the whole site down until the TSR snake could swallow it completely and digest it... I think I need to go play my game a bit, torture Don Lothario until I get into a better mood or something. I'll be back later.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
lewisb
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 2009 April 02, 19:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden I feel your pain and saw the post @ IS. I think she is new to the community and may be young and idealistic, but I think that they have to learn the hard way as raebchen said. I was a hard-headed youth, but thank God I can read and desire to look up info on the subject before deciding to make an arguement. I think that poster hasn't read everything, plus haven't experienced much in the community.

Truth be told, she acted like the community and IS will fold if she leaves. Me thinks she must be narcissistic?

EDIT: left out a word.

Hey Thomass! Kiss my "disillusioned miscreants" A**!
Keep crying fool!
Skye
ARR!

......It had to be the RUM!

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 2009 April 02, 19:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something's bothering me here...in reading/catching up with all of you who have shared so much information, I read through this posting:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/articles/myths

Now in part of it, TSR said that they have discussed all this with Delphy and  'This is the newest one, and a direct result from my chat with Delphy. He informed his community that TSR was subject to a security breach early this year. He doesn't know the details and never actually claimed to in his post, but it has been twisted and turned into the "fact" that all TSR member accounts had been compromised and that TSR did nothing to inform or protect them. Its now even suggested that subscribers credit card details are included.'

I didn't read the same thing in Delphy's post. He stated facts, and left it at that.

thanks again for sharing all your info, and keep it coming!!!

Fur is protested more often than leather because it's easier to harrass rich women than biker gangs!
http://woohoosims2.darkbb.com/forum.htm
raebchen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 2009 April 02, 19:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paden I feel your pain and saw the post @ IS. I think she is new to the community and may be young and idealistic, but I think that they have to learn the hard way as raebchen said. I was a hard-headed youth, but thank God I can read and desire to look up info on the subject before deciding to make an arguement. I think that poster hasn't read everything, plus haven't experienced much in the community.

Truth be told, she acted like the community and IS will fold if she leaves. Me thinks she must be narcissistic?

EDIT: left out a word.

Then again, this person could always be a sockpuppet (I haven't read what was said at insim yet). After all, it's the internetz. I could really be a 50 year old fat man instead of a 25 24 year old woman.

*off to lurk at insim now*

Official member of the "army of disillusioned miscreants" and proud of it! *waves at Thomass*
Xanadu
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2009 April 02, 19:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if you've seen this gem yet, but the latest "contest" at TSR has just been posted.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/articles/competition

The title of the contest:  TSR's Hunt the Booty Competition!

Huh  These people have the worst sense of timing imaginable...
lewisb
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 2009 April 02, 20:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well now the poster has opened a thread stating that she will not post anymore cause of the TSR debate. She's sick of it.

Do I need more proof?

Hey Thomass! Kiss my "disillusioned miscreants" A**!
Keep crying fool!
Naria
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 2009 April 02, 20:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well now the poster has opened a thread stating that she will not post anymore cause of the TSR debate. She's sick of it.

Do I need more proof?

Is it wrong that I was so happy to see that thread?

*Runs back off to lurk.*
raebchen
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 2009 April 02, 20:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This person just wants some "Oh no, don't leave. We all love you!" comments.

Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 2009 April 02, 20:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wahahah  someone bashed the tsr so she is running home to mommy, please, the lady needs to  get some thick skin and grow up.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: