PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 02:46:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816682 times)
justso
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #675 on: 2009 April 02, 07:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first sims2 fansite find from the bbs was sims2uk.  I don't know why I didn't click the TSR link, I knew nothing about it and hadn't read anything negative about any sites. I have heard stories of TSR being ok in the sims 1 days, Maxis being fair when they had control, but I know nothing of this, I wasn't a sims player.  All I have known is the way TSR and EA are now. TSR came into the sims2 community with an ok image because they carried it over from sims1.  The image both EA and TSR will carry to the sims3 is the one here and now for the sims2. As for pirates wanting everything for free I bought all my games,  I want nothing for free, I do not download TSR either pay or free, I don't need them, this goes for any other pay sites that carry free items.
paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #676 on: 2009 April 02, 07:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to mention that I am a member of a sims group on myspace. Most of the members seem to be your average everyday players. Just the type of poeple who would end up at TSR not knowing any better. Lately I have seen quite a bit of enlightenment, on their part, on their forum. They have been talking about pay vs. free a lot lately and they seem to be coming to their own conclusions that TSR and EAxis are both not to be trusted. It is small but hopeful step in the right direction.

My Deviant artwork here.
snowball
ARR!

Iz in ur downhill, rollin' uphill.

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2009 April 02, 07:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*delurking for a moment*

TSR is a little bit like a wart on the ass of EAxis. If EA pushes out some shit, then TSR is quick to go do some shitting in reply. If EA burn their collective asses, then TSR burns too. Also, TSR seems to be doing some serious asslicking, which is why they're so full of shit.  Lips sealed

Sadly, EA chose to protect the shit of others as well. No good. Only protect your own shit.

If you type the word "shit" too many times, it looks really funny. Too bad the same thing can't be said of the word "TSR".

Ew. This was a bad one. Need to lurk MOAR! Grin
Shitty vocabulary at the moment - I haz it.

Icy balls are not allowed :-/
stepho
Landlubber

View Profile WWW
« Reply #678 on: 2009 April 02, 08:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A shit leopard can't change it's spots.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2009 April 02, 08:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a lot of people just don't want to have to decide.  I think a lot of this has to do with Sims 3 coming out soon.  I commented on the BBS (before I was banned) that like it or not, if you buy Sims 3, you are sending a message that you don't mind that EA approves of TSR, and in your own way, you're helping to support their continued attitude of "We want to OWN all Sims 2 content!"  

People don't want to feel that getting Sims 3 is bad, not if they've been waiting for it.  They want to get it and play it, and feel good about it.  So, they're telling themselves that the Pirates are the bad ones, TSR is the good ones.   Now they can get Sims 3 and feel all is right with the world.

This all happening just before Sims 3 coming out, is both a blessing and a curse.  Most of us don't seem to care much about Sims 3.  But a lot of folks do, sadly enough.

You guys have also got to realise that there's another factor that comes into play.. Things are very tough out there. I've got a semi-serious illness and my weeks are knocking the hell out of me. So sometimes when things are piling on top of you that badly, you need all the releif you can get to just get through your week. There's a million people out there like me that might get Sims 3 (I'm now thinking about it after the announcement about Securom) but we may not like TSR.. We may not say anything on the BBS but if we read enough stuff we get clear that we don't want to visit there or ever engage with the place. And if we open our mouths, we'll still tell the truth about TSR to others because Coconut educates us. It's a world of shades of grey rather than black and white.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2009 April 02, 08:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel totally sickened by this latest turn of events, but I have decided I am not going to let it affect my choice of what I want to play on my computer at home.  I am done making useless gestures.   If I thought that by not playing The Sims 3, I could make the world a better place, then it might be worth the effort.  But I don't think it's going to do a thing.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
Craftingmomma
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 2009 April 02, 09:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, I'm not trying to change world.  I'm doing the things I can live with.  Part of that is not supporting a company who has treated their customer base like criminals, supports a site that has been caught so many times doing unethical things, and just generally lacks consumer support.  There are a lot of fun games that have nothing to do with EA or the Sims.  And plenty of companies that actually value their customer.  Those will be the games I play.  I'll continue with Sims 2 and maybe someday I'll pick up a used copy of Sims 3.

@CatOfWar  for the BBS, tech might be the place to start.  That's how I've built my reputation and I'm no techie.  A lot of questions can be answered by linking to the help section at MTS2 or even from EA's help section.  Gameplay also is a good area or any of the expansion pack sections.   I still manage to get into trouble though.  Have been warned twice, once for 4 words in all caps and once for telling someone to google Squinge and choose the .org site lol.  I also have a troll(a favorite of several) that I butt heads with from time to time.

It also helps if you have friends that can bene you on the BBS.  Pm me your BBS name and I'll look for you to give benes.  If you are who I think you are on the BBS, your doing fine.  Funny posts also get bene's.  It's kinda pick and choose your battles on the BBS.
Saraswati
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: 2009 April 02, 09:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think "doing things you can live with" is a good way to look at it.. It can be things big and small. In Inge's case she will make a HUGE difference by helping the Simmers who are around for Sims 3 by finding ways to mod it.  The biggest way is getting information out there.. and I think Pescado said it well, the net sees Censorship (even company driven censorship) as damage, and finds a way to route around it. Wink You guys are doing an outstanding job of ensuring this issue won't be forgotten.

My home sites are  http://www.sublimesims.net/ and
Reclaim Your Game http://reclaimyourgame.com/
kayley
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 2009 April 02, 10:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My little brother is a big gamer, he and his friends generally buy 4 or 5 games a month between them and swap them between themselves, and I explained all the happenings in the Sims community to him a couple days ago. He had been planning to pick up an EA game, but decided to go for one by a different company instead (Ubisoft, i think) and convinced all his friends to avoid them too.

He said that while it might not be directly relevant to him, (he played The Sims once and thought it sucked) if EA treat one gaming community like this, how long will it be until they start to treat others the same? He is already well aware of their excellent customer service "skills". It's not much, but if he spreads the word at school too EA will be losing a good 8 - 10 sales a month just from him and his friends and acquaintances from school.

I might pick up TS3 secondhand in about a years time, maybe.
Quorneater
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 2009 April 02, 10:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am looking forward to trying CitiesXL, which should be out fairly soon (I hope).  Looks like being the SimCity5 we never got.

Our lil friend must be stopped.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2009 April 02, 11:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My choice to not buy the sims 3 is a personal one. I don't think that my not using paysites has an impact on them but that is my stand, it was my choice long before I knew of this site.  I hope modders are going to move forward to sims 3 if they can.  I would not wish an unmodded sims game on anyone.
Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 2009 April 02, 12:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, EA certainly hasn't treated the Mac Gaming community very well either. Yes, I know they will release Sims 3 for the Mac via a Cider emulation on the same day, but I still can't play it as I have an older Mac and refuse and don't have the money to buy a new Intel Mac. Yes, our ports were years and months behind the Windows releases and Pets was a total disaster that EA gave Aspyr hell over (Aspyr is the company that ports our Sims games). I have all the EP's Aspyr was allowed to port the last one being Bon Voyage which was released December 2007. Of the Stuff Packs that got ported I have Family Fun Stuff, Glamour Life and Happy Holidays. That's it. Period. And EA never released the patch for Bon Voyage to Aspyr to port! You know how I play it, with Pescado's mod. Yup, Pescado's mod to prevent duplicate vacation lot Townies. Do we want the rest of Sims 2? Hell yes. We've written EA and told Aspyr. Aspyr cannot do anything because they need the code from EA. Aspyr is just as frustrated as we are, so I don't blame them. I blame EA for being greedy jerks who care little for anyone who would love to support their game. As for boycotting EA with Sims 3, that's easy. Don't want it anyway.

But I will stand down off my soapbox for now. Has anyone spoken with Buggybooz recently? I hope she is doing well and will continue to create. I'm sorry she had all this nastiness happen to her and I think she makes wonderful things.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Lorelei
ARR!

I'm in UR booty, downloading UR payfiles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: 2009 April 02, 12:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut has just posted a bit more about this. Enjoy.

P.S. TSR sucks.

http://britpoptarts.4shared.com
Celebrity / self Sims, NortWare Begone!, Zork 1-3, variety of MP3s, MATY stuff, more.

I can haz a cult?!einz!!1

What 'gap' is?
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #688 on: 2009 April 02, 13:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am looking forward to trying CitiesXL, which should be out fairly soon (I hope).  Looks like being the SimCity5 we never got.

There are plenty of EA games I would like to try to- but corrupt corporate idiots like EA can still take a hit- Most often games that people have tried and not liked either for the PC (therefore defeating the issue of limited activations or number of pc's its been on etc) or console can be found either in used game stores, or over Ebay for down to 1/3 the price- Even at large corporate Used multimedia stores like Gamestop  the big gaming companies like EA don't get a dime from a used game- yes you risk the whole quality issue- but given this is EA we are talking about - that is sad but true,the game will have glitches  and issue anyways that might prevent you from playing - In these tough economic times why pay a crappy and corrupt company 49.99 for a new game that will badly fuck up your computer until they come up with 15 patches none of which fix the problem with your game- Go to Ebay - Buy a used copy for 20 bucks. If I here good things that I what I will do.. I don't have 50 dollars to buy Sims 3- and neither will a lot of people.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 2009 April 02, 13:57:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSRs stand of the day on the MTS2 hacking is starting to get confusing, they are constantly changing their minds and I have lost track of what they are claiming right now.  I know they have refuted the claim that security was compromised.  Can I ask, if they are saying coconut is a mad haxxor and she did it, how did she have access to buggy's and thom's password, isn't that back to the security was compromised tack.  I don't believe for one minute that coconut has anything to do with this just trying to get round TSR's logic on this.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: