PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 08:32:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816731 times)
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #660 on: 2009 April 02, 03:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just found one thanks- Now for triangular modern windows- Have already gone and done several  WCIF searches at S2C - I don wanna use Shakeshafts  OFB windows - well the lot will have to have square modern windows cause I am trying not to use TSR content on this lot and won't use any of Shakeshafts shit- actually I kind of went on a deleting spree- over 2000 files from my dl folder - I deleted anything I don't use - all of Shakeshafts stuff that is not currently being used on my legacy lot- most of the stuff from SimsAddict99 that I don't use- most Windkeeper- I like her stuff - and she has not been heard from at TSR for nearly a year, I just don't use it, and all of Caschcrafts stuff- because it is beautiful but slows my game to much. I'm frankly more into the genetics anyways.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 02, 03:51:36 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: 2009 April 02, 03:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can tell me what sort of shape you want, other than triangle, I can make you some windows, if you didn't want to dive in and try yourself.  Windows aren't hard, and texture is as easy as repository, so it wouldn't take long.  Be a nice break from messing with my counter culture matching set work.

And yay for getting rid of TSR stuff - think I still have some reflective floors from where I was going to try to make some that were both less shiny and free, not pay.

Otherwise, I only use free stuff - if something is pay and I want it, I'll make my own.

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #662 on: 2009 April 02, 03:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am making this lot http://www.architecturaldesigns.com/beach-house-plan-58477sv.asp for neo-patriot - who saw the foursquare and my offer to do lots for people cause I know a lot of people love creating - everything except lots- unfortunately the triangles are the only window i need- I have plenty of modern windows- Tigs pretty Metro Window set will work perfectly - just the stupid triangles. I am not going to worry about it and just use half modern windows- I might actually have something - I seriously have a shit-ton of build mode stuff- my garden section makes Agway look poorly stocked- at any right following the architectural plan to the letter could lead to issues from the architectural company I told neo-patriot it probably wouldn't be done til Friday and have only searched WCIF- so I have enough time to post.

Sinthe
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2009 April 02, 04:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really more of a lurker but I've been following this since it started and I just read the TSR statement, which left me with a few questions:

1. Does anyone know what buggybooz's account name on TSR was? I've searched for both the name buggybooz and the names of her items on TSR and found nothing, which leads me to believe she used an entirely different name there. In that case,
2. How did this supposed hacker who stole the FA database connect buggybooz's account on TSR with the account on MTS2? Also,
3. AFAIK buggybooz is not an FA at TSR, so if only the FA passwords were stolen the "hacker" could not have gotten hers.
4. How did the hacker connect Thomas to the Hamilton account on MTS2?
5. Why would Thomas use his TSR password on MTS2 as well?

There's also the matter of simsecret and Sinthe's account being hacked into.
6. Does Sinthe use the same account name on TSR and LJ?
7. Was Sinthe an FA there?

Answering 6 & 7 now because I've been at work all night!

6. Yes, my display name on TSR and my username on LJ were (because my first TSR account was banned after they broke into my journal) both Sinthe. The passwords for both sites were also the same (yes, I know it's stupid!).

7. No, I was not. I'm a crappy artist... maybe I could be someday!  Grin The extent of my involvement on TSR has always been downloading free content, since I like some of the SA's there. I've never submitted any media, nor have I posted on their forums (to my recollection). My TSR password couldn't have been compromised if they had a security breach only affecting FA's or whatever the details of that particular lie are.

ILU, Coconut!
De
Landlubber

X-FA formerly know as detimgi

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2009 April 02, 04:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you all know your fighting a somewhat losing  Shocked battle
TSR is the first site sims players have contact with outside of the exchange

ye I know "SHEEPLE "

you know what? that just turns them (sheeple) off to the message you get more converts by homey than you do by calling them stupid

personally I couldn't care less
THAT'S WHY I LEFT THE SIMS COMMUNITY
The constant pressure to commit to one side or the other
you like the stuff I create?
tough I only create for myself YOU WILL NEVER FIND MY STUFF ON ANY SITE ANYWHERE POST SUMMER 2008
no-one tells me who, why, where I share

I SHARE FOR THE LOVE AND JOY OF CREATING

Um, are you ok? I doesn't seem as though you have left the Sims community at all and it also seems as if you care very much. And as someone else stated you are wrong about TSR being the first Sims site players have contact with. Mine was MTS2 as well.

Edit: Is anyone else having server timeout issues?
Craftingmomma
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2009 April 02, 04:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting server time outs for about 24hrs.  Figure this is the first place a lot people go to get the latest.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2009 April 02, 04:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it took me four tries to get in tonight. I guess the letter those dipshits wrote is making us really popular today.  Cheesy

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
Yaardarm Monkey II
ARR!

still the same simian of plunder

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2009 April 02, 04:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a few things I've seen in the past two days on other websites: it's just a game! There are two sides to every story! Both sides have done bad things, and no one can really tell who's wrong! (That's a big one.) Pirates are childish and want free stuff! I love TSR and have friends there and nothing will make me leave! I hate this drama! Why can't we all get along -- it's the pirates' fault that we're not getting along! People just hate TSR for no reason, they're jealous, they're mean! Pescado hurts people and is a meany-head and a hacker!

I'm really fucking sick of the Sims community right now.

Angry   yuppers...and especially the ones that just want 'everything to be nice & happy happy'

And this mentality of 'oh well it doesnt affect me' is scary; remember the words of Pastor Niemoller:

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;

And then . . . they came for me . . .
And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

And again those BBS sheep fail to recognize:  "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing"     Undecided
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #668 on: 2009 April 02, 04:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is what I said to someone over at SimsWank- yup it doesn't affect you until the corporate drones that now  run LJ , or Facebook, or Myspace, or FF.Net, or TwilightHarryPotterDoratheExplorer Fans Forums start trying to control everything you say- and what you can put in your journal and whether or not you can upload your CC there if you are a creator, and decreeing any opinions that go against what they say must be banned immediately- or the government decides that the Constitution no longer applies to anyone etc- Than guess what - it effects you .

And like I stated shoddy corrupt business practices effect everyone TSR Gets Away with it = So Does Everyone Else cause they think that they can won't get prosecuted, boycotted or whatever cause they are on the internet.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2009 April 02, 04:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a lot of people just don't want to have to decide.  I think a lot of this has to do with Sims 3 coming out soon.  I commented on the BBS (before I was banned) that like it or not, if you buy Sims 3, you are sending a message that you don't mind that EA approves of TSR, and in your own way, you're helping to support their continued attitude of "We want to OWN all Sims 2 content!"  

People don't want to feel that getting Sims 3 is bad, not if they've been waiting for it.  They want to get it and play it, and feel good about it.  So, they're telling themselves that the Pirates are the bad ones, TSR is the good ones.   Now they can get Sims 3 and feel all is right with the world.

This all happening just before Sims 3 coming out, is both a blessing and a curse.  Most of us don't seem to care much about Sims 3.  But a lot of folks do, sadly enough.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #670 on: 2009 April 02, 04:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if I did I would be buying it used- and given the economy a lot of the people who do still give a shit about EA and want to play Sims 3 will buy it used to- that is what happens in a shitty economy people buy luxury items used if they buy them at all . EA may be  screwed even if some people still buy Sims 3- Hopefully enough of us won't buy it at least not immediately or new that it sends a message to EATSR that they are not okay  and that there are other, better- Non EA games to purchase even if we can't have our little pixels and oodles of CC- at that point I see EA throwing Thomass and Stevie boy to the ravening wolves of EULA violation, and internet security violation.- I already own Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon and Zoo Tycoon I am certain Bill Gates would be willing to take my 29.99 away from RodHumble/BenBell/EATSR for the three ZT Ep's I don't already own and their pretty little flight simulator game- or better yet Fable, Elder Scrolls Oblivion or one of their other rpg/sim games. After all if I am going to give my hard earned money away to a corrupt corporate drone it may as well be one who pretends to give a shit about their customers by at least making statements when something is wrong in his customer community (e.g. Vista Security issues statements or XBox360 issues).
« Last Edit: 2009 April 02, 05:20:37 by dstar » Logged

ShadySentinel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2009 April 02, 05:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The part that pisses me off -probably the most- is that the ones who are all "sunshiney and sparkles!" are under the impression we should be grateful that we even have The Sims 2 or some shit.
Like they don't know what it means to be a consumer.
I'd be grateful (maybe...big maybe) if they gave it to us for free...? But that is not the case, as we all know, and have forked over a lot of money for it. (Hence not wanting to fork over more money and look to the booty).

Blowing shit up is easy. Being politically correct is a pain in the ass.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2009 April 02, 06:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ones who are all sunshine and sparkles often haven't forked over money for it.

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #673 on: 2009 April 02, 06:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Know must of the sunshiney sparkly ones don't know what it means to be a consumer or they wouldn't be sucking up to companies that have crappy customer service, that don't care about their customers and that sell their info over the internet.

CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2009 April 02, 07:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Know must of the sunshiney sparkly ones don't know what it means to be a consumer
  I can somewhat understand children acting childish, not knowing the value of a dollar, or common courtesy, or that bleating "all games are baaaa-ggy" does not an excuse EA's abysmal coding.  It's the ignorant adults that really upset me.  I said that people who don't care about corporate misbehavior keep bad businesses in business and some woman replied "So?".  She also said she didn't read the arguments against EA and TSR because she's too busy with three kids.  Not too busy to play the game or to post dumb comments apparently.  (I did not say that to her, of course.)  I'm done complaining for now. Wink  Many of you here have been speaking out for so long, dealing with worse nonsense, and you're still at it, so it seems watching foolish people type foolishness can be borne.

edit:
What are some effective ways to counter some of the apathy, the ignorance, and the common excuses people make for EA?

For example, can "all games are buggy" be countered like so?  Don't just say EA games are very buggy, say they are much buggier than other companies games.  Give examples of companies, such as Triumph Studios, that do more thorough testing and fix bugs faster.  If people say "but Sims2 is sooo complicated and has so many EPs", don't just say there are free community fixes, but give some specific examples.  Lord Darcy's fixed objects have full functionality, and work with different combination of EPs.  So just because EA can't / won't do it, doesn't mean it can't be done.  Give links to said examples.  Point out specific bugs that would have been caught if EA bothered to test.  Point out game crashing, game file corrupting bugs that EA never fixed or took forever to fix (while the free community fixed it much faster).  I have seen all these arguments used, but are they effective at convincing people?

What's the best way to convince short attention span people?  Those who can't be bothered to read a paragraph?  Put your key point at the beginning in bold?  Or just try to sum up each argument in one sentence?

How do people who don't frequent the BBS except to speak out avoid being treated as "outsiders"? .  I sure don't want to spend lots of time on the BBS, wading through mostly silly prattle, answering mostly silly questions, in order to build up a good reputation there.  I enjoy helping and answering questions on MTS2, but that's a much different environment.  I *am* an outsider on the BBS.  I try to be polite to other users, to present arguments in a non-confrontational way, but I doubt that will get me far if I'm seen as someone who only showed up to "argue" and "cause trouble".

« Last Edit: 2009 April 02, 07:45:03 by CatOfWar » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: