PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:09:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5279 Members
Latest Member: ayyverty
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 807150 times)
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #645 on: 2009 April 02, 01:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course if the number of Simmers who are ticked off and EA's complicity in TSR's corrupt business practices - and their condoning by omission of the hacking of free sites for the benefit of paysites, the violation of the EULA on the Content tools, the fact that we have had to rely on Pescado, Delphy, TJ, Squinge and Numenor to fix EATSRs borked shit etc- Than EA will sell TSR right up shit creek without a paddle - simply because while TSR might lose a couple thousand dollars from subs and creators who are sick of the crud- EA stands to lost much much more- many people aren't just planning to not buy Sims 3 new or legally but they are not planning to buy any EA games new or legally for any system or in any genre of gaming . This means EA will be screwed- and by default so will TSR

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 2009 April 02, 01:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: neriana
I'm really fucking sick of the Sims community right now.
So I wouldn't get too disheartened by any residual negativity, neriana. The way I see it, the whiners will either have to change and adapt or else be consigned to the past.

Overall, I agree with you. I've just had something happen somewhere I didn't expect it, and it's disappointed me. Besides all the arguments I listed, I've also seen some people who've woken up to what's going on. Well, that's activism for you: two steps forward, one step back, and sometimes the step back is into a big pile of poo Tongue.

Land Lubber
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 2009 April 02, 01:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you all know your fighting a somewhat losing  Shocked battle
TSR is the first site sims players have contact with outside of the exchange

ye I know "SHEEPLE "

you know what? that just turns them (sheeple) off to the message you get more converts by homey than you do by calling them stupid

personally I couldn't care less
THAT'S WHY I LEFT THE SIMS COMMUNITY
The constant pressure to commit to one side or the other
you like the stuff I create?
tough I only create for myself YOU WILL NEVER FIND MY STUFF ON ANY SITE ANYWHERE POST SUMMER 2008
no-one tells me who, why, where I share

I SHARE FOR THE LOVE AND JOY OF CREATING
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: 2009 April 02, 01:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup - I got Rock Band 2 since I'm a hug fan of music games, and they're more fun when played with friends.  And I was buying additional music, but stopped, as much as I'd like to have those songs for the game.

I live in a house of five adults who -all- game.  Five people who are unlikely to buy anything from EA.  I won't even play WAR, because its EA - and around here, an MMO I don't play tends to not be played by anyone else here.

And if we're fighting a losing battle, why are the admins at TSR so damn desperate that instead of going' Shakeshaft, look, lose that download, they caught on to you stealing it?'  Why did they go in and destroy [unsuccessfully] Buggy's account?  Why did they lie about it, and with so many conflicting stories that its obvious even without all the evidence in, that they did it?

"Try diplomacy, you can always invade them later." Pescado
www.thestormradio.com
ShadySentinel
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 2009 April 02, 01:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you know what? that just turns them (sheeple) off to the message you get more converts by homey than you do by calling them stupid
I do not agree.
Quite a few of the members here used to subscribe to TSR or were even artists there.
As I mentioned, on the LJ communities they're spreading the word and I have seen lots of comments about how they are no longer TSR customers and how can they help our cause?

ETA: I don't think we have really ever called them stupid. Misguided, yes. And who better to redirect them than the Pirates?

Blowing shit up is easy. Being politically correct is a pain in the ass.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: 2009 April 02, 01:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: neriana
I'm really fucking sick of the Sims community right now.
So I wouldn't get too disheartened by any residual negativity, neriana. The way I see it, the whiners will either have to change and adapt or else be consigned to the past.

Overall, I agree with you. I've just had something happen somewhere I didn't expect it, and it's disappointed me. Besides all the arguments I listed, I've also seen some people who've woken up to what's going on. Well, that's activism for you: two steps forward, one step back, and sometimes the step back is into a big pile of poo Tongue.

Well, I suppose that's as good a way as any to refer to Thomas and Co.... Cheesy

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #651 on: 2009 April 02, 01:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Landlubber- I can point out to you that you are wrong at least on my part - I don't know about the other people here but the first site I found was Mod the Sims- I did not even join the Exchange (since you get the downloads in your SP's and EP's if you have them all) until well after my third EP was purchased) While I do have a sub at TSR it was a gift- not something I really wanted as I like free stuff better- better quality for one- I know the stuff I have submitted there and at the Exchange is shit. As per sites against TSR getting people via being nice to them- Sheeple other than TSR employees like Johan don't tend to come here- they tend to go to TSR which is why they are sheeple- There are sites like spreading the word about TSR corruption - and for the most part we are nice until you say something so dumb that it makes it clear that you are either a TSR fanboy/girl, or a TSR/EA employee in disguise -  Frankly as a creator I have as little to do with the Exchange as possible as they don't credit creators, which makes content theft even easier, and they don't properly clean install or virus scan their files. If you don't care why bother to post???
« Last Edit: 2009 April 02, 01:36:20 by dstar » Logged

Camy
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2009 April 02, 01:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: TSR
We haven't been very public about our opinion of all this and haven't been running around denying each and every lie because to be frank, it would be fruitless in many cases.

There you go TSR.  You fail once again.

Edit: Oh this is just too funny.

Quote from: TSR
This information was obtained unlawfully, without the permission of TSR, and distributed without permission also.

You admit it.  Good job.

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 2009 April 02, 01:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I'll bet you could, if you really tried.  I'm betting there are millions of people who care a lot less than you.  It's just hard to track them down, because they can't be bothered to come here and tell us how little they care.

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #654 on: 2009 April 02, 01:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, Dstar, one site can have their uploaded stuff removed from the exchange - three guesses as to which one.

And I started at the exchange and got tired of having my uploads vanish after a few weeks because no one noticed them and no one bothered to rate them to keep them around [not -noone- just not enough] and then someone would ask me to reupload it.  I'd first gone to MTS2 because alot of building tutorials used RGiles' clear floors.

I knew of TSR from sims 1 days, when paysites first came into existence - trying to make out like bandwidth was -so- high that it required 5 a month from 100+ people [closer to more].  And their site has always been damn hard to get around on, so I never went.

And even though when I made featured over at MTS2 when they were doing a lot of recruiting, they never bothered with me.  I guess generalists aren't wanted  Roll Eyes

www.thestormradio.com
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2009 April 02, 02:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THAT'S WHY I LEFT THE SIMS COMMUNITY
The constant pressure to commit to one side or the other
you like the stuff I create?
tough I only create for myself YOU WILL NEVER FIND MY STUFF ON ANY SITE ANYWHERE POST SUMMER 2008

I've never seen anyone "not care" in large, bolded, all-caps underlined font and large, all-caps red font before. Impressive.

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #656 on: 2009 April 02, 02:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have submitted at both - and I agree I don't like my stuff being ignored- I will admit - I have submitted shit at TSR- after my attitude (like with a lot of creators) was why not take advantage of the fact I didn't pay for the sub that I got for Christmas in order to get my stuff out there- frankly my lots were shit-- the Foursquare that I posted here is the best thing I have done so far- I am a relative noob at creating lots and most of them were just aww what the fuck experiments. I create lots and floors  and walls and would like to learn to do other things- TSR does not allow me to do that because their tutorials are shit- and the more experienced creators are not helpful-

I can trust that people in the creators forums here- at GOS, and Mod the Sims will be honest with me when something does not work properly or look right- that in combination with the buggybooz/Shakeshaft/hacking/stealing issue and the corrupt business practices have driven me to leave. Not the mention the whole privacy issue/internet security identity theft thing- for one thing although my trust is a little lacking at the moment - I don't think that either Delphy or Pescado as the owner operators of Mod the Sims, or the Booty would sell my name address and credit info (not that they have that ) to the highest internet bidder for a little quick cash.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: 2009 April 02, 02:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention that free creators will help you, and back you up if someone steals your stuff.

MTS2 is a great place for tutorials and asking for help with stuff.

www.thestormradio.com
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #658 on: 2009 April 02, 02:47:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for reminding me actually- I have to go see if they have tutorial on  placing modular stairs as I have a lot request from a house plan that requires them going up to the entryway.

SoggyFox
ARR!

Reyn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #659 on: 2009 April 02, 03:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Modular stairs - I know there are several tutorials for those.

www.thestormradio.com
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: