PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 13:40:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816170 times)
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #570 on: 2009 April 01, 20:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No mention of 'shape'...I guess they didn't get DOT to write this statement.

You can't change your avi, either, huh? Next year we'll have to all change to the Emma loves Goopy Avi.  Cheesy

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
misssnark
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2009 April 01, 20:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really more of a lurker but I've been following this since it started and I just read the TSR statement, which left me with a few questions:

1. Does anyone know what buggybooz's account name on TSR was? I've searched for both the name buggybooz and the names of her items on TSR and found nothing, which leads me to believe she used an entirely different name there. In that case,
2. How did this supposed hacker who stole the FA database connect buggybooz's account on TSR with the account on MTS2? Also,
3. AFAIK buggybooz is not an FA at TSR, so if only the FA passwords were stolen the "hacker" could not have gotten hers.
4. How did the hacker connect Thomas to the Hamilton account on MTS2?
5. Why would Thomas use his TSR password on MTS2 as well?

There's also the matter of simsecret and Sinthe's account being hacked into.
6. Does Sinthe use the same account name on TSR and LJ?
7. Was Sinthe an FA there?
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2009 April 01, 20:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*yawn* Johan is back? What, did he finish making the Kool-Aid early? Dude, you'd better slip more LSD into it, people are beginning to come out of their fog where y'all are concerned.

Oh, and Johan? The only things falling into place are the dandruff bits out of your scalp and onto your shoulder. And your credibility has FALLEN into pieces, or did you not know how to write that correctly, you silly twit?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
dragonballz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2009 April 01, 20:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would someone be so kind as to post a screenie of this "TSR April 1 Joke" a.k.a. hurl-inducer? My farging browser is having significant problems with TSR atm. (what a shocker...perhaps IE is afraid it may vomit as well)

quasi-edit: Nevermind. It loaded and now I mop my lunch off the keyboard.  Cheesy
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2009 April 01, 20:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really more of a lurker but I've been following this since it started and I just read the TSR statement, which left me with a few questions:

1. Does anyone know what buggybooz's account name on TSR was? I've searched for both the name buggybooz and the names of her items on TSR and found nothing, which leads me to believe she used an entirely different name there. In that case,
2. How did this supposed hacker who stole the FA database connect buggybooz's account on TSR with the account on MTS2? Also,
3. AFAIK buggybooz is not an FA at TSR, so if only the FA passwords were stolen the "hacker" could not have gotten hers.
4. How did the hacker connect Thomas to the Hamilton account on MTS2?
5. Why would Thomas use his TSR password on MTS2 as well?

There's also the matter of simsecret and Sinthe's account being hacked into.
6. Does Sinthe use the same account name on TSR and LJ?
7. Was Sinthe an FA there?

Very awesome questions! -I for one would love to know how this haxxorrrr figured out which was buggy's account info as well! And naturally, all the other connect the info to this specific account with thomass's info. I am sure sinthe can fill us in whether his account name was the same, and I don't believe Sinthe ever was an fa or tsr related??? But I'll let them answer that since I don't know the definitive answer!

-yes in the process dragonballz ^-*
okiedoke! Yes, April Hurl's Day, indeed!
« Last Edit: 2009 April 01, 21:06:48 by siberiansunset » Logged

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: 2009 April 01, 20:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the crap is this? :goes off to hurl:
This might actually be a good sign.  TSR is on the defensive.  People are asking questions.  They must be, or TSR wouldn't feel the need to spew lies to answer them.

It's hard to find my favorite bit, there's so many good ones.  I like this one best.  It's how they explain why EA wuvs them so much.
Quote from: TSR douchebags
we don't have sick game hacks in our databases and we are enthusiastic about the game and custom content.
What "sick game hacks" would these be?  Do they refer to Pescado's and others' fixes for innumerable EA bugs?  Or maybe Lord Darcy's fixed objects that have their full functionality with any combo of EPs and SPs?  When TSR says "enthusiastic about the game", do they mean "we don't point out how buggy it is and don't fix it because we don't know how"?  Do they mean "we spray our pants over every new EA item, no matter how broken"?  I would say those who write free fixes are passionate about the game.  They clearly care about the game.  TSR clearly cares about moneez.

edit: Also, obviously, FREE content creators are passionate about custom content.  Many FAs are only enthusiastic about their paychecks.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 01, 20:50:35 by CatOfWar » Logged

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2009 April 01, 20:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't think of any sick hacks, unless you count yellow pee puddles as sick. I know there are some that are rather vile, but those are made by people in the PAY community, are they not?

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 2009 April 01, 20:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are still investigating it and until we are done we don't want to put out any names. Pieces are falling into place though.

Oh, look johan, I found a clue! -

You can have it. Now, do us all a favor and quit playing fucking mind games like you do with what's left of your unfortunate subscribers. By the way, have you sampled the booty today?
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2009 April 01, 20:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: TSR douchebags
we don't have sick game hacks in our databases and we are enthusiastic about the game and custom content.
When TSR says "enthusiastic about the game", do they mean "we don't point out how buggy it is and don't fix it because we don't know how"?  Do they mean "we spray our pants over every new EA item, no matter how broken"?  I would say those who write free fixes are passionate about the game.  They clearly care about the game.  TSR clearly cares about moneez.

Enthusiastic: meaning 'We likes it, but we sucks at it'. Cheesy
Any five year old with a smelly marker falls under the term 'enthusiastic'. But you still have to take it away when they start sucking it!

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
HugeLunatic
ARR!

Questions...Comments...Emotional Outbursts?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #579 on: 2009 April 01, 20:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy  Snarky you are pure win!

I have question err rather a thought.  I can't imagine when a user buys a proxy IP from Hide My IP, that they actually have to share it with anyone else.  You have bought that IP.  Otherwise why buy one when you can get one for free? 

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein

Holy Simoly Extras
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2009 April 01, 20:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are still investigating it and until we are done we don't want to put out any names. Pieces are falling into place though.

Oh, look johan, I found a clue! -

*snippidy doo-daaa*

You can have it. Now, do us all a favor and quit playing fucking mind games like you do with what's left of your unfortunate subscribers. By the way, have you sampled the booty today?

ROFLMAO! Thanks for the stomach hurtzz!

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Koraliene
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 2009 April 01, 21:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: TSR
If our information is correct we actually know who she is, and given that she once wanted desperately to be an FA at TSR but didn't get it, we think it explains quite a lot about her bitterness towards us, don't you?

So show the proof.  And why is "she" still having access.

XD That's some good detective speak right thur.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my two cents. I've used the Booty for some things, the vast, vast majority of them -not- TSR items, so I'm not exactly Enemy Numero Uno. Most things I've downloaded from the Booty, I believe, are meshes; I've never pirated any game and/or movie, and I never have an intention to. So, I was beyond insulted to read "it's in their nature." So, because I support the EULA, and am a member of a forum that supports the EULA, you'll try to define me in a negative way? I'm so sorry that, since I don't make a profit off of other players work, and disagree with their interpretation of a legal document, I'm now a thief. Personally, call me a Pirate, I don't care--it's a compliment around here; but don't try to act as if we're all bad people and that's just our 'nature' because we support the Booty.

Also: "This is the game EULA and does not relate to custom content tools which have their own EULA."
Wait... I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong if you'll correct me, but don't all CC and its' creators have to bow down before the EULA, regardless of their own TOU's? So, doesn't this statement (at least to me) sound as if TSR is placing individual players' terms above the terms of EA (since most 'custom content tools' were not created by EA)? But then again, they'd need to do that in order to get away legally with making money off CC, wouldn't they?

And what's with the punctuation errors? Why can't TSR--a "professional company"--learn how to use their commas and ellipses?

Whatever, it just sounded like they're trying to cover their tracks and all. I hope more users begin to see through TSR's BS. I never even had a thing against TSR, just paysites in general, until this cute little letter you all posted. (And you are MADE of win, SnarkyShark).
dragonballz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2009 April 01, 21:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know Thomass' asshole had the gift of speech:

If our information is correct we actually know who she is, and given that she once wanted desperately to be an FA at TSR but didn't get it, we think it explains quite a lot about her bitterness towards us, don't you?

I understand that high-paid whores run a very profitable "business relationship" in the sack:

Myth: TSR is "in bed" with EA and have some kind of business relationship

THAT is my lulz for the day.
Craftingmomma
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2009 April 01, 21:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if their little "statement" had actually addressed what Shakeshaft did to Buggybooz, it would have more credibility.  Not one mention to what started the whole thing.  In fact at BPS, Buggybooz stated that "Tsr have actually suggested that it was me hacking my own account." http://blackpearlsims.com/showthread.php?t=24861&page=18

There are just to many coincidences for some of it not to be true.  If you connect the dots, it leads back to TSR.   I'm glad Delphy is still investigating.   I liked how the message had to spin what Steve told Delphy to match what Johan let slip on this forum.

The sad thing is that some will buy their statement.   Too many have that sheep mentality and won't believe the truth when it is right before them, but with every misdeed that TSR does more are having the blinders pulled off.

Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2009 April 01, 21:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I for one cannot "pirate" any Sims software as I run on a Mac. Sorry folks, no Intel chip or Windows OS on this G5. And I don't think anyone has "pirated" the Sims 2 for the Mac and if they did they would be for EP's and SP's I already legally own. As for movies or TV shows, I have either taped them on VHS from cable TV or DVR (again perfectly legal as I do not make copies other than for myself) or I watch them on Hulu or CBS.com. Again legal.

The only reason people here talked about "pirating" Sims 3 was because of SecuROM and not many people were going to go that route anyway as most have decided they don't want the game at all (at least not a first). As for the Booty, everything in said Booty is PAID FOR and is simply shared among friends. Get it right idiots. It's called File Sharing.

Geez, no wonder TSR is full of FAIL.

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: