PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 12:08:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816334 times)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #540 on: 2009 April 01, 16:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone who's ever made content for sims 2 might consider heading over to the booty, downloading shakeshaft's stuff and making certain that they haven't been ripped off as well. There's a very good chance that she's  stolen other people's work before and is only now being busted for it.

(multiple Calatars - WIN!)
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: 2009 April 01, 16:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to go kill my cats now (its spring and they want out 15 times a night -oww my bloody aching head arghhh!) Someone already questioned it since Windkeeper did the OFB windows 2 or 3 years ago- Yesterday  Cadiva responded with " There's nothing wrong with adding in even more options to the OfB windows. This set is different to Windkeeper's and compliments it."  Today someone stated and I will copy and post here before it gets deleted On Apr 1, 2009 normawilahmina wrote:  "  Looks like you're really good at altering previously made meshes. "

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Quinctia
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: 2009 April 01, 16:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just posted this elsewhere, but here's my take on it, since it shows my reasoning on this whole thing.

The problem with trying to blame someone besides TSR, is that it's becoming increasingly unlikely.

Hijacking people's accounts is not some mystical thing that smart, computer-literate people can magically do. It's very unlikely that these accounts were brute-forced. That just doesn't happen anymore. Password restrictions are strict enough, and sites block IPs for a certain length of time after login attempts. The fact that they got into LJ helps me to think the passwords were known. I said as much when simsecret was hacked, too. So, basically, here are all the alternatives to "someone got ahold of passwords from/via TSR" (and I believe TSR is at fault IF they had a security leak months ago that they never told anyone about OR if someone there is doing all this):

1) Sinthe, Buggybooz, and Thomas are all random morons using something like "password" as their passwords. All these accounts were shown using IPs that trace back to what is probably the same person/computer.  Even if you don't believe that Sinthe's case is the same person and it was someone else coincidentally using the same browser on a similar computer with the same IP masking service, you've still got the other commonality there.

2) Sinthe, Buggybooz, and Thomas are all close enough to the same untrustworthy person that they have given out their account information to them.

3) Sinthe, Buggybooz, and Thomas all fell for a phishing scheme and entered their site information at a malicious third-party site. This requires both Sinthe and Buggybooz to have been active at all at TSR sometime recently, and it means the entire community has been too stupid to notice this.

4) Someone is using a cookie-grabber on a malicious third-party website, and these people all had a TSR cookie with an unhashed password, so TSR is still run by idiots. And Sinthe and Buggybooz would have had to been active on the TSR website pretty recently.

Add in the fact that the only people who knew Buggybooz was even complaining about a stolen item were those at TSR and the FA forum at MTS2, and the timing of the attack on Buggy is ridiculously suspect. It also doesn't strike me as a good way to frame TSR, because it doesn't honestly seem BIG enough.

At best, it seems TSR is a terribly insecure site run by morons that should probably be prosecuted and, at worst, TSR is a terribly malicious site run by morons that should probably be prosecuted.  Tongue
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2009 April 01, 16:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought passwords were supposed to be encrypted and invisible to everyone anyway. Admins can reset passwords, but not see the original ones. That doesn't seem to be the case at TSR.

All this "helpful Steve" investigation stuff strikes me as a distract and obfuscate tactic.

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: 2009 April 01, 18:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone might want to head over to Zazzle.Com - they have a TSR Sucks Mug maybe we out to start a pool and buy a couple case of them and ship them to Ben Bell, and Rod Humble over at EA and Thomas, Johan and Steve at TSR - maybe Shakeshaft to

dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: 2009 April 01, 18:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also found this lovely little link on Associated Content if anyone wants to head over and snark a little http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/41801/the_sims_resource_product_review. It is a review for TSR and you can post anonymously

Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 2009 April 01, 18:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so I can explain some TSR stuff more clearly, could someone explain to me exactly what the TSR "watermarking" does?  Does it phone home whenever you use it/install it/unpack it with a message saying "paid for/not paid for" or does it only tell TSR something if you complain that the item doesn't work?  Or does it simply prove you're a pirate if it's NOT present or what?

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2009 April 01, 18:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not believe that is the 'real' Johan, and if it was, then..fail. All he did was ask questions to us get us to question what we thought about it, and try to convince us to be all squishy about the situation. He gave no details of the event, and claimed he did not know - being a major staff member at TSR, he will damn know. Just looks to me like a poor attempt to rattle up the good discussion we were having here.

Scurvy, the watermark marks who downloaded that item, and the item can be an image or file. It can contain info like date, time and user.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2009 April 01, 18:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, Delphy, I'm glad you are looking into this so completely.  As much as I feel it's going to turn out to be TSR, I'd rather know the truth beyond a shadow of a doubt.  And I'm hoping that's what you'll be able to find, the absolute truth. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
gayle_afcb
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: 2009 April 01, 19:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This security breach back in December was when they said in the seekrit forums about a disgruntled ex member (believed to be me although I wasn't named) had hacked TSR but got nowhere, they had caught the person and made sure they'd not get away with anything similar again etc.  This alleged hacking of TSR was coincidently occuring whilst I was speaking to the police here in the UK about the fact that Sims2Artists had just been hacked using oh surprise of surprises the self same IP address that hacked simsecret and on that occassion they changed all the account details at LunarPages to a known Atwat email address.  The one she had used to join Natural Sims.  I do want to clarify that the IP addresses for Thomas were from NS not S2A, when some of us left NS and started S2A we copied all the bans from NS over hence why we still have those details.  We had them banned before we even opened the forum along with about 90% of Sweden just to be sure!  Neither Thomas or Atwat have managed to join S2A forum as far as we know...

I have no doubt at all that the blame will be put at either my door or Cocnuts door by TSR. I was a main contender for being cocnut for quite some time but whether I am or not now I really don't know. Outside of my own forum I am not particularly active in the community and haven't given TSR so much as a 2nd thought since I jacked in being an SA 13 months ago and moved out into the much nicer, friendlier and way more supportive free community well apart from lots of cussing mainly at police officers and a few close friends when we were hacked. Sadly though Atwat is totally obsessed with me and really can't understand why I don't want to be her friend  Huh Seriously woman grow the fuck up and go stalk someone else, you really are pathetic Roll Eyes

Course Atwat did see me outside her apartment with my laptop when her accounts at TSR were allegedly hacked, can't remember what forum it was now that she came out with that BS!  We'll not mention the fact that my passport expired in 2006, I don't even know what town she lives in let alone her address and the minor fact that there are photo's of me on the same day camping in a field in the middle of nowhere with no electricity but loads of witnesses to prove where I was Roll Eyes  

Delphy if there is anything I can help with you know where to find me - I am trying to dig out all the screenies I have with the IP's and the linking of them to Thomas/Atwat ready for you. Grin

It's official - I haz a crazy, paranoid, psychotic internet stalker... Waves to Atwat Tongue

Sims2Artists S2A forum
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: 2009 April 01, 19:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found an email address for EA and have emailed them a lovely long letter- it is eagamesonline.com for anyone who was looking for it- Whether or not TSR is guilty of directly doing this or whether someone associated with them indirectly saw a situation and took advantage of it - TSR has gotten ridiculous and EA condoning and encouraging  the behavior by kissing up to TSR and allowing them to get away with blatant copyright and EULA infringement as well as violating the rights of the gaming community that EA is supposed to serve just makes me sick. And I told them so- by the way new email address- ITookyourstuff@stealingiswrong.org - new password- Thoushaltnotsteal

dragonballz
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2009 April 01, 19:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think my new TSR password is something along the lines of thomassucksass.
Scurvy Cat
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2009 April 01, 19:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think my new TSR password is something along the lines of thomassucksass.

A very popular choice Cheesy

Some people are like Slinkies.  Not much use but they always bring a smile when pushed down the stairs.
dusdeedawn
Pirate

Baldercrap.

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2009 April 01, 19:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What the crap is this? :goes off to hurl:

Shits and giggles? It looks like shit and we giggle. - Paden
dstar
ARR!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: 2009 April 01, 20:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas making his KYAG (kiss your ass goodbye)  folder

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: