PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 19:46:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816046 times)
calalily
ARR!

Belili, wife of Ningishzida - or Kali for short

View Profile WWW
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #495 on: 2009 April 01, 04:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get why you're over here Johan, I really don't.  At least you're honest about who you are, but I find it either disgusting or very amusing that TSR has sent someone to wade into enemy territory to search for facts, especially considering that facts don't mean a whole lot to TSR. 

This.  I don't get it either.  Why would you go to a site that is against everything you stand for in order to get them to help you?

Derail and make TSR look reasonable - johan is the latest in a long line of TSR trolls making smarmy inroads - they want to look like they are really all good guys. Fail. Stick with the lying guys - this reasonable mindset only works when the people want to be convinced, and no one who reads here wants to secretly take your side.

Plus, we'll bury you in posts easily.

Visit Calalilysims

To Hotel - never a problem - and I knew it would be a valid thing. Kiss My love to you too - come find me one day. Cheesy
Souvenirs
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: 2009 April 01, 04:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with cala.  I think Thomas sent Johan here to make it seem like he's doing something to catch that "hacker" that supposedly hacked TSR a few months back—his first few posts were all about the terrible people that try to hack into TSR.  He's acting like he has an earnest request for help, which makes TSR look good.  "Oh, look, we're so intent on catching that hacker that we were even willing to ask our enemy for help!"  I doubt there was a hacker at all, but they're still playing the game.  They've got to look like they're doing something.

Johan could very well think that there was a hacker and he needed him to run over to PMBD to get IP information to catch the person.  If he's out of the loop, that may be what Thomas told him.  Who knows?  It's not like he's to be trusted whether he knows or not, and I doubt he'd not side with his brother even if he were to find out that he's a complete crook.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: 2009 April 01, 04:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I think Johan means well enough, but the truth of the organizational structure is that he is the code monkey that is kept locked in a cage most of the time, and honestly has NO idea what is going on or why. Coders are generally people who don't deal with bullshit, so he has no idea he's stumbling through a massive pile of USDA Grade A BS built by the rest of TSR's staff. All he knows is that he didn't do it. All evidence available suggests Thomas is the one who orchestrated all this, and the rest of them are just dragged along for the ride.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Chelsea
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: 2009 April 01, 04:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in, and stops my mind from wandering..." First one to identify that song quote gets the first cream pie to throw at the idiots expecting us to believe they didn't do anything. Grin Sorry bout the off-topic, just thought it would be fun to riff for a moment...

Is it too late to say "Fixing a Hole," by The Beatles? I didn't read the next few pages so I don't know if someone guessed, but as the Beatles are my favorite band, I automatically jumped up like AHHH BEATLES xD

nevermind, I saw that someone guessed...but still YAY BEATLES.

And Johan I think really does mean well, too--if that means anything. He doesn't seem to be RUDE like all the others. But still, why doesn't everyone over in the Higher-Ups at TSR know what's going on? They run such a bad business, if even the *employees* don't know what the fuck is happening.

Number Two: They are mutated sea bass.
Dr. Evil: Really? Are they ill tempered?
Number Two: Absolutely.
Dr. Evil: Oh well, that's a start.
CatOfWar
Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: 2009 April 01, 04:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to think Johan means well, that he might actually be convinced by evidence.  I'm waiting to see what he does, but I'm not hopeful.  Would Thomas risk letting Johan come here if Johan were even the least bit likely to rectify or expose the wrongdoing at TSR?  I doubt it.  The theory that Johan is here to make it look like TSR are making a good faith effort to catch the Phantom Hacker sounds more plausible to me.

Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: 2009 April 01, 04:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to think Johan means well, that he might actually be convinced by evidence.  I'm waiting to see what he does, but I'm not hopeful.  Would Thomas risk letting Johan come here if Johan were even the least bit likely to rectify or expose the wrongdoing at TSR?  I doubt it.  The theory that Johan is here to make it look like TSR are making a good faith effort to catch the Phantom Hacker sounds more plausible to me.
It is not clear whether Thomas can stop him, to be honest. While TSR has the trappings of a corporate structure, they also have the baggage of a fambly business. And, of course, Johan is probably not interested in confessing to any wrongdoing, particularly if he wasn't the one who did it.

Give a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
bmyall
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2009 April 01, 04:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may be that some people complained to pay pal about the supposed security breech. If Johan is in charge of billing (someone said that earlier) he would have been notified. Perhaps coming here was the only place to get answers.

Then again, he may just be checking to see how much is known.

disillusioned miscreant<br />

Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2009 April 01, 04:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't it make more sense, if he was looking for answers, to go directly to MTS2?  Delphy has been overwhelmingly cooperative with TSR about this, and he's sharing all the information he gets on the site.  It would make a lot more sense to go there, where it actually happened, then to come to this site, which is openly hostile to TSR. 

I don't know if he's been on the MtS2 thread or not.  I don't remember seeing him, but I haven't checked that thread for awhile.   But I don't think so, because Delphy was coming here and answering his questions.

He did make a request of Pescado, quite a few pages back, he wanted Pescado to check some numbers.  I thought that was really weird. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2009 April 01, 05:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not so weird, really. While Pescado can be an absolute, grade A donkey's rear, he's still one of the best at what he does. That's known and can't be refuted, no matter how much they might hate the guy.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2009 April 01, 06:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While Pescado can be an absolute, grade A donkey's rear, he's still one of the best at what he does. That's known and can't be refuted, no matter how much they might hate the guy.

That would make Pescado an ass's ass. Cheesy

I do think it's possible that johan is completely clueless. I've seen lots of businesses where one part lacks clue one as to what the other part is doing. That doesn't excuse him -- but we'll see what happens.

paperbeth
ARR!

TS3 - Do not want!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #505 on: 2009 April 01, 06:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A possible next best seller?

Sorry for the shitty copy/paste job, I just couldn't resist and don't have my propper tools at the moment.
This just keeps reminding me of OJ trying to say he didn't do it, but if he had done it, this is how he would have done it. T$R seems to be opperating on that same mentality.

My Deviant artwork here.
Pescado
Pirate King

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2009 April 01, 07:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He did make a request of Pescado, quite a few pages back, he wanted Pescado to check some numbers.  I thought that was really weird. 
There's nothing interesting to check in those numbers that haven't already been checked and reported, plus the Phorums don't collect much info due to privacy concerns. All the IPs in question correspond to either former Thomas/Atwa IPs, or public proxies.

justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2009 April 01, 07:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There does seem to be some panic going on. The timings are going way off base.  They told Delphy months ago,  that the breach was fixed in December,  the Windkeeper thing was noticed on the 21st February,  If they stuck to the breach they could have created doubt for simsecret which would have put doubt on buggygate for some people.  They are clucking because they want their paying subscribers to carry on paying and feel safe. At the same time try and unravel themselves from any of the other wrong doings.  They haven't had time to get a real plan together to accomplish this, so it seems they are doing it on a each to their own basis.
keirra
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2009 April 01, 07:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I am the only one that isn't sure that johan is THE Johan. I also have a closet full of tinfoil hats.  Cheesy

Happy April Fools Day Everyone.

And yes, Pescado, I know the forum runs on Malaysian Time, but I, however don't.  Tongue

I'd tell you to go to Hell, but I work there and don't want to see you every day.
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2009 April 01, 07:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Time is NOT on Thomass's side, now is it? Damn Rolling Stones...

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: