PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:42:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816151 times)
neriana
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #420 on: 2009 March 31, 22:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Hey everyone, plan 1 isn't working so great! Let's throw Atwa to the wolves! Again!" That's what she's there for, she's Thomas' shield, and it's really getting boring.

If TSR really was hacked and had all this user info compromised, and didn't tell their customers about it, thus allowing someone to use Buggybooz' password to delete all her stuff at another site, that makes them look worse than if Thomas deleted Buggybooz' stuff. Of course, I think that's bullshit, but if that's the way TSR wants to play it, fine with me! Hey everyone, TSR didn't tell you that all of your information has been compromised for months!

Paypal wouldn't care about the mts2 deletion, nor would better business type sites, and it would be kind of a pain in the butt to explain outside the Sims 2 community. Ya know what's not hard to explain, what is in fact so easy almost anyone can understand it? You give your credit card info to a company. Said company is hacked. Said company doesn't tell anyone about it, so you don't change your passwords, which by the way aren't encrypted properly. Then the hacker (yeah right) runs around playing with the information they retrieved, which they're free to do with impunity because the dumbass company hasn't done a damn thing to warn their customers.

Oh, and you think people are going to believe only some user accounts were compromised? Have fun with that.

Brilliant cover plan, TSR. You couldn't have shoplifted the candy bar because you were too busy mugging little old ladies.

Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 2009 March 31, 22:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*yawn* Are you still here trying to sell a bill of goods that no one wants? Let me make it clear, we don't believe you or what you have to say, because many of us have found your site ethics to be on the deplorable side of the scale. Roll Eyes Have a nice day.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
Chelsea
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2009 March 31, 22:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, a lot of people are using the IP service? Isn't it expensive? Is every "troublemaker" rich? Or am I missing something.

Number Two: They are mutated sea bass.
Dr. Evil: Really? Are they ill tempered?
Number Two: Absolutely.
Dr. Evil: Oh well, that's a start.
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2009 March 31, 22:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I can't figure out is if Thomas really was hacked and somebody used his password to use his mts account to do this to Buggybooz, how come he's not screaming bloody murder about it? If somebody used my name and my account like that I'd be reporting that IP myself and working with anybody I could to get to the bottom of it. This service that lets you have any IP you want, don't they have records of who they gave that IP to? It seems to me it's an illegal use of their service to use it to hack a site under someone else's name. If it's a US company there must be laws that will make them turn over those records. If I was Thomas that's what I'd be doing, not blowing off all this just saying "Nope, wasn't me."
Good points, but Thomas MTS account was not used to do this to Buggybooz, Buggybooz account were used. What should we tell in the report, that we got the blame for something we didn't do because someone was using their service?
I doubt this company would reveal any information if you just ask them but if anyone have a chance to get the information it would be Delphy since he is the one who got "hacked".

Thomas's account was accessed from the same ip right after it happened. If so, and it was not Thomas as you say, then it definately was compromised. I still agree with you and say it wasn't, but for very different reasons. Wink

I suggest you talk to Steve and make sure that TSR representatives tell us all the same story...

Inactive
johan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2009 March 31, 22:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SO according to you, Delphy was not told by Steve that there was a vulnerability that was rectified 3 months ago that may have resulted in passwords being compromised?

I hope my posts are coming off in the tone I intend.  I appreciate you staying long enough to answer a few questions and only intend, at this moment, to have a civil conversation with you to understand some of what is going on.

Edited for clarification.
Thanks for being civil!
As i said earlier i was not in the chat but since this didn't happend i highly doubt that he told Delphy so. It is probably a misunderstanding. Some FA accounts were compromised about 3 months ago, i think this is what he means.

I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?
picklechick
Landlubber

Oops! I pooped!

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: 2009 March 31, 22:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's all a big misunderstanding, why doesn't STEVE clarify the situation to Delphy instead of sending your clearly mentally challenged ass over here to flail around?

" Fear cuts deeper than swords. The man who fears losing has already lost. Fear cuts deeper than swords. " ~ Arya Stark

*Proud Disillusioned Miscreant In Service to Pescado*
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2009 March 31, 23:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SO according to you, Delphy was not told by Steve that there was a vulnerability that was rectified 3 months ago that may have resulted in passwords being compromised?

I hope my posts are coming off in the tone I intend.  I appreciate you staying long enough to answer a few questions and only intend, at this moment, to have a civil conversation with you to understand some of what is going on.

Edited for clarification.
Thanks for being civil!
As i said earlier i was not in the chat but since this didn't happend i highly doubt that he told Delphy so. It is probably a misunderstanding. Some FA accounts were compromised about 3 months ago, i think this is what he means.

OMG! Quoting this just to be sure.  Grin

Johan do you realize that THIS is the excuse Steve used to explain the ip's used in the attack?

Inactive
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2009 March 31, 23:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There have been so many things that seem to need explanations and the TSR admin dont seem to be very forthcoming with information, not just about this but many other things in the past as well.  It is disheartening to be confronted by so much negative information about your site and only get the response from your side that it is all lies.  I used to frequent your forums (under a different name) and I can say that the censorship of your members and activity of your staff without recourse makes your credibility as a site come into question.

I would like to hear your opinion of these things as well as some of the other things circulating around the net right now such as what exact kind of relationship deos TSR have with EA/Maxis?

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: 2009 March 31, 23:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry EATSR not buying the excuses anymore- It has been made abundantly clear that you care not for the gamers who purchase your shit- poor quality games, poor quality custom content, poor customer service (whatever happened to the customer is always right?Huh), and poor quality business ethics- Well EATSR you can add poor quality sales to that cause if Ya''ll don't start treating the people who pay for your stuff (even though the TSR half of EATSR is violating the EA half's  EULA that they wrote all by their wittel swelves by selling stuff created by Maxis - point more than half of certain FA's so called custom content is based on EA meshes - which are the intellectual property of the game designer who created the mesh and EA games) properly than you can continue to add poor quality sales (remember last year and the 641 billion dollars you lost) to the list.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Pottymouth
Paden
ARR!

Great Cat of no mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2009 March 31, 23:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this surely is a switch from them sending over some idiot that is panting to become an FA, but it still is made of fail, that's for sure.

The tea is not fit to drink; it's been stewed and is old.
justso
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2009 March 31, 23:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Delphy is the one TSR have decided to throw to the wolves, I would have stuck with Atwa on that one it's a lot more believable.
El Diablo
ARR!

Sticks and stones, mate.

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2009 March 31, 23:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I can't figure out is if Thomas really was hacked and somebody used his password to use his mts account to do this to Buggybooz, how come he's not screaming bloody murder about it? If somebody used my name and my account like that I'd be reporting that IP myself and working with anybody I could to get to the bottom of it. This service that lets you have any IP you want, don't they have records of who they gave that IP to? It seems to me it's an illegal use of their service to use it to hack a site under someone else's name. If it's a US company there must be laws that will make them turn over those records. If I was Thomas that's what I'd be doing, not blowing off all this just saying "Nope, wasn't me."
Good points, but Thomas MTS account was not used to do this to Buggybooz, Buggybooz account were used. What should we tell in the report, that we got the blame for something we didn't do because someone was using their service?
I doubt this company would reveal any information if you just ask them but if anyone have a chance to get the information it would be Delphy since he is the one who got "hacked".

Thomas's account was accessed from the same ip right after it happened. If so, and it was not Thomas as you say, then it definately was compromised. I still agree with you and say it wasn't, but for very different reasons. Wink

I suggest you talk to Steve and make sure that TSR representatives tell us all the same story...
That's what I meant, that somebody (is this the story? Am I getting it right?) got some proxy service to give them the IP address they wanted -so they have to know Thomas's IP address, first off - then they use this proxy IP to hack MTS or at least to get into Buggybooz's account using her password, which was the same as her TSR password (who would know that outside of TSR admin?). But Thomas doesn't feel upset that someone did this in his name?

If Buggybooz's account was accessed using her password then MTS wasn't hacked. Using a password isn't hacking unless you hack to get a password. So who all had access to her password? Buggybooz did. Did TSR? Did Delphy? Did Coconut? Did her cat?

No such thing as a perfect crime. Somebody left traces somewhere along the line.

The one who angers you, controls you.
johan
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2009 March 31, 23:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Johan, talk to your boss (Steve) then. Smiley  Becuase he said this: "...for Tom's login, it *is* possible it was obtained from his end... thats a loophole we fixed just after Christmas".

Chatting with Steve I don't think I "got the wrong idea" since we where talking *specifically* about security of accounts and logins, etc.

I would suggest that, before you go around trying to discredit me, you first check your own source.  "No our users login details where not compromised" does not tally with "thats a loophole we fixed after Christmas".

I'm sorry if you got the impression that i was trying to discredit you, that was not my intention.
I don't know exactly what he meant by fixing the loophole but we don't have any reason to believe that our members login details have been compromised.

I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?
Canoodle
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2009 March 31, 23:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait..who is Johan? Really?
« Last Edit: 2009 March 31, 23:58:47 by Canoodle » Logged
picklechick
Landlubber

Oops! I pooped!

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2009 March 31, 23:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So wait a second. You're saying that nobody hacked your user database (which Steve did say) and stole Buggybooz password, but they did hack into your FA accounts which is entirely unrelated to somehow magically deciphering Buggybooz password? Your story makes NO SENSE and is totally irrelevant to what happened with Buggybooz account.

" Fear cuts deeper than swords. The man who fears losing has already lost. Fear cuts deeper than swords. " ~ Arya Stark

*Proud Disillusioned Miscreant In Service to Pescado*
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: