PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 05:06:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 815995 times)
SnarkyShark
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #300 on: 2009 March 31, 16:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, Delphy's right to want to attain all the facts. Just consider the source. Coconut has proven her integrity by being careful that the information released doesn't harm anyone innocent. Thomas and his staff, on the other hand, have shown little regard for anyone outside of their insular community. They've also been caught in a whole host of documented lies.

Also, Thomas and his staff have been getting away with underhanded behavior for years, so it's no stretch of the imagination to believe that he'd think himself capable of squirming his way out of this situation as well. Even on the slim chance that Thomas wasn't directly involved and that it was a rogue TSR fanatic who's responcible, the matter still lies at TSR's doorstep. Their security breech - the community's problem.

HystericalParoxysm
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2009 March 31, 16:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am curious as to who knew the details about the theft of buggy's work before the hacking.  If we are to believe that it was a coincidence or that the hacker seized an opportunity to exploit the Buggy theft then they would have had to know that the complaint was even made.  This all happened pretty fast and most of the details of what happened went on behind the scenes with Delphy and his staff and then the reporting to the TSR staff.  Most of us (the greater community) didn't get the details until after or near the same time as the hacking.  The hacker needed to know that this was happening in order to take advantage of it.  

Buggy posted regarding the theft in The Ranch on MTS - it's a "private" forum, visible to winners of the various MTS awards (moomoo, mocca, latte, and features) so, while not visible to everyone, there are quite a few people who can view it.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2009 March 31, 16:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, let's not outcast Delphy just yet. All he is trying to do is find out all the facts before he jumps to conclusions.
I would never outcast Delphy. I'm all for innocent until proven guilty, but at this rate it appears like TSR is already guilty, if Pescado's statements are true. I agree with Nouk that he's being lied to. I'm just upset that what looks like obvious TSR bunk is going on once again.

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2009 March 31, 16:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Delphy is simply asking questions to get details before reaching a solid conclusion

I agree.  I would like him to add my questions to the ones he is asking then.  Who knew about the theft in the time frame needed to take advantage of the timing so that they could use the info to take advantage of information that they supposedly would have hacked into TSR over three months ago and gained.  Also, if the hacker would have had to get the info over 3 months ago (since the vulnerability was supposedly fixed then) they would have had to get every password on TSR and been storing them waiting for a reason to use them or they would have had to coincidentally just get the exact right ones (like Buggy's and the Hamilton one and be lucky enough to have them actually match at MTS2).  I think it is worth knowing this stuff.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
siberiansunset
ARR!

Nimeni on Inigo Montoya...

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2009 March 31, 16:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, of course, have my reservations about the whole ordeal, -BUT I respect Delphy in the fact he is researching the full evidence and questioning the unknowns.

There's humans and monkeys and you're what God made between.
Oh yeah, SHAKESHIT IS A THIEF!
Set Them Free!
TSR Tool...
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2009 March 31, 16:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HP just said the award winners knew about the theft. So unless Buggy told anyone else, only select people on MTS2 and T$R knew about it.

I would think that with all the times T$R has been supposedly hacked in just the last year, they would take some of the money they are using to be second dream homes, and put it into site security.  Roll Eyes

Even if Thomass is telling the truth (LOL!), you shouldn't sub to T$R because, apparently, it's the weakest website on Earth when it comes to security.

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: 2009 March 31, 16:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given the fact that some creators x-post at both MTS and TSR - some of whom may have access to this forum at MTS - even if it was not instigated by Thomas or other corporate officials at TSR - it still could have been a TSR FA or SA . I would be hard put to trust anyone who x-posts at both sites who is currently an FA or SA on TSR and I am sure that both Delphy, and HP are aware of who these creators are  and are keeping a very close eye on them considering recent issues over site security.
 Retired artists who have left TSR  and are doing their own thing and have been accepted into the free community maybecan be trusted, especially, since many of them are voicing the same opinions of TSR as everyone else (possibly worse actually) but  people  who currently post to both shouldn't be trusted farther than they can be thrown.

I admit I have submitted at TSR but, am not one of the dearly favored ones - I saw the lie after only 16 creations and am publishing my stuff elsewhere from now own. This is getting ridiculous - Clearly TSR and their EA kisser uppers think that we all have the IQ's of stepping stones if they think we will all buy the " but we were hacked to feel sowwy for us " I have this to say" TSR would you like some Limburger Cheese with your cheap wino whine?"
« Last Edit: 2009 March 31, 16:34:18 by dstar » Logged

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Eskimo Pie
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2009 March 31, 16:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, gather as much info from the TSR as possible about their possible take on this.  More evidence is good!  Even IF it was a security breach, the TSR still has a lot to answer for.

I think coconut is going to lay low on this one for now...seeing what she can get from her end of things.

I made a post at the BBS with my back up account, the one I use to upload stuff with. I am wondering how long it will last.

For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain.
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2009 March 31, 16:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coconut has proven her integrity by being careful that the information released doesn't harm anyone innocent.

Unless I've missed something (if so, please give a link!), they've not accused Coconut..yet. They've not given any details to their suspicions of said apparent hacking third party.

They've also not even said that this third party was not connected to TSR in any way or means. Atwa, as a random example, is no longer (publically) TSR staff and so does not represent them, so she would be someone who they could label as a 'third party'.

Also, if the hacker would have had to get the info over 3 months ago (since the vulnerability was supposedly fixed then) they would have had to get every password on TSR and been storing them waiting for a reason to use them or they would have had to coincidentally just get the exact right ones (like Buggy's and the Hamilton one and be lucky enough to have them actually match at MTS2).

If a hacker had access to that amount of information, why use it over 3 months after gaining it? Why use it only on two accounts (Buggy, and Hamilthomas)?

Quote from: Delphy@S2C
they informed me that they had a security breach about 3 months ago that may have left subscriber accounts vulnerable.

Firstly, 'may'. They are not sure what was apparently breached? That shows their securtiy, and knowledge of it, is dire.

Secondly, the fact that it affected subscriber accounts. Why were only these accounts affected? Why were they so easy to breach? Does that mean all admin staff have access to subscriber account passwords, and other details? Why were subscribers not told that their details may have been yoinked? Again, shows that subscriber info is far from safe with TSR.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2009 March 31, 16:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I missed the "subscriber" part.  Was Buggy a "subscriber"?

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2009 March 31, 16:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy - did you take a gander at this? It's the ip's recorded from Atwa on Natural Sims (and alot more).  http://tsr.mustbedestroyed.org/?p=462
Combined with what sinthe provided:  http://pics.livejournal.com/sinthe/pic/0000pga6  (dotted ones are the hacker)

Inactive
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2009 March 31, 16:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I missed the "subscriber" part.  Was Buggy a "subscriber"?

Buggy may be or have been a subscriber at some point. Furthermore, did this zomgbreach affect current subscribers or all previous ones as well? The scale of apparent hack has been left out. If it did affect past and present subscribers, then again why was Buggy and Hamilthomas only affected like this. 

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

dietofworms
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2009 March 31, 16:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't imagine Delphy being anyone's dupe, especially not Thomas'.   And I applaud him for not jumping to conclusions and for withholding blame if there's any doubt.  Because this idiotic dance of Thomas' has gone on for so long that it would be best to get solid evidence this time and then--finally--he's trashed.

(If it turns out that the hacking was done by Atwa or another TSR person, is Thomas liable, on the grounds that it's his employee and that he apparently provided the IP?  Or am I just dreaming?)

"The guilt of someone within TSR is as clear as a fiberoptic endoscope in the bowels. "
--Pescado
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2009 March 31, 16:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also remember, even if they can prove they were hacked, it still leaves a couple of huge issues.

1: Why was Buggy's stuff stolen?  Even if TSR claims they didn't know until Buggy made them aware of it, (entirely possible)  it doesn't excuse that no action was taken about the situation.  Why wasn't the item removed?  Even if they hadn't concluded yes or no on the stolen status, shouldn't they have at least temporarily blocked the item from downloading until a verdict was reached?  And, because the item is stolen, where is Shakeshaft's punishment?  Why hasn't he/she been forced to give an apology or lose his/her FA status? What type of site allows its most prized members, members that others are encouraged to emulate and try to become more like, to steal from other creators?  

2: IF TSR was hacked, they did nothing to warn their supposed "valued" customers and "loyal" members about it. Nothing was mentioned.  No one was told to change their password.  Even if TSR didn't want to admit to being hacked, for fear of scaring people, they could have still encouraged people to change their passwords, claiming one of several things from a switch in the software for better security, to "we just want to make sure you're safe, having you change your passwords every so often is a good way to help keep you safe."  The later one I've had on several sites before, banking, credit card, so I wouldn't even have batted an eye about it, I just would have changed my password.     Yet, TSR did nothing.  Not one thing to put their customers and members  out of risk.  

I am no longer a member, but we have enough spies/people who still have accounts there.  Can anyone verify if TSR has ever asked them to change their password, or put up any type of notice/warning/suggestion to change their password in the last few months?

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Anouk
ARR!

Inactive

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2009 March 31, 16:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dietofworms: He is liable if Atwa currently has Admin level. You need Admin level to read people's passwords. I seriously doubt he did that.
So fat chance that he can pin this on Atwa.

Inactive
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: