PMBD PMBD
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:12:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
138712 Posts in 1637 Topics by 5282 Members
Latest Member: AlexanderPistoletov
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  PMBD
|-+  The Pirate Ship
| |-+  ARR!
| | |-+  TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 185 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!  (Read 816247 times)
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
Re: TSR: In Ur Accounts, Deletin Ur Stuffs!
« Reply #285 on: 2009 March 31, 15:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delphy, Thomas is laughing at you. You've been duped. You fell for his lame excuse.

Uh huh. So how come I am still questioning the facts then?  How come I am still posting asking questions about what has gone on and still wondering about the reasonings?

If I had surely "fallen for his lame excuse" I would have locked the threads and shut up. 

Just becuase I am saying that I don't think there is enough evidence that I have seen to prove it was Thomas personally doesn't mean I don't want to know who and why and how this was done. 
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: 2009 March 31, 15:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could make one up for you if you'd like

1. Our stuff is free- you are paying a subscription fee so we can keep the site going.

2. We support the work of creators on free sites (only so we can try to lure them away).

3. You information is entirely private- until we decide to share it with EA, Coca Cola, or Enzyte, or allow hackers to attach mal-ware to our ads.

4. You have full creative control of your work (of course this is limited to posting sheer lingerie, and blood encrusted vampire makeup- you can't post stories mentioning murder, crime- other than burglary, or screenies of non-blurred anatomically correct sex- this is not pg-13 despite explicit advertising and clothing on the site)

5. We support the Sims 2 and 1 communities by offering helpful tutorials (vague and non-descriptive- I have learned more on my own and from the Prima Guides than TSR Tutorials have taught me) and programs (mostly obsolete or unavailable except the crap EA created like Homelesscrafter)  to help your create your own content.

6. Our FA"s and SA's produce the highest quality work ( that might be true of the ones who left like Aikea Guinea, Helga, and possibly Windkeeper since no one on the site has heard from her on the forums or blogs in many long month, but the rest ehhh!!!).

7.. We favor all creators equally (then why is it so many have left? ).

8. We promote honesty on our site both in the forums and in terms of creators using other peoples work and crediting it properly. (and we had a problem why? )

People feel free to add to or continue the list

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2009 March 31, 15:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've trusted his excuse too easily. I guess I've just seen people duped so much by TSR and what goes on there that there's no way on earth I could ever believe anything that they say anymore. This comes from a long-time simmer who ONCE had a sub to TSR during Sims 1 days. Wolves in sheep's clothing eventually forget to put on the full costume and expose themselves. Wink

Children suck on lollipops
The IRS likes to suck your money
Paysites just... suck.
Shiny
Landlubber

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2009 March 31, 15:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, the BBS thread is beautiful. This is becoming a true shitstorm.
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2009 March 31, 15:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

8. We promote honesty on our site both in the forums and in terms of creators using other peoples work and crediting it properly.
That one's the bestest.

Paysites just... suck.
dstar
ARR!

The Best Things in Life Are Free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: 2009 March 31, 15:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, the BBS thread is beautiful. This is becoming a true shitstorm.

It already was one -Buggybooz and others who have had work stolen or as Delphy did their sites hacked by TSR or related idiots should report this asshats to the Better Business Bureau online - stealing other creators work, violating EA's EULA even if EA are such ass kissers they refuse to recognize it, and violation of customer privacy by selling their information which they claim they don't, not to mention false advertising (you are only paying a subscription fee to support the site, our shit is PG13) are certainly all violations of consumer protection laws.

100% Free Finds All the Time from 100% Free Sites
http://www.freesimsfinds.com
http://www.sailfinsims.com
Delphy
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2009 March 31, 15:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've trusted his excuse too easily. I guess I've just seen people duped so much by TSR and what goes on there that there's no way on earth I could ever believe anything that they say anymore. This comes from a long-time simmer who ONCE had a sub to TSR during Sims 1 days. Wolves in sheep's clothing eventually forget to put on the full costume and expose themselves. Wink

I fail to see how posting the information that TSR told me *and then questioning it* is "trusting" it.  Just becuase I don't instantly go "TSR fail! Death to Thomas!" doesn't mean that I believe everything they say.
Tabby
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2009 March 31, 15:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Delphy is just trying to get all the facts and have irrefutable evidence before he says for sure they did it. He is saying he doesn't really think it's likely (in so many words) that it was a hacker. It is better to be able to say without a doubt that Thomass is responsible than it is to jump to it, and then be proven wrong. Highly unlikely, but, you know some people like to cover their asses.  Wink

Fuck.You.
Disillusioned miscreant
mrs_cicero
Landlubber

View Profile
Screencaps
« Reply #293 on: 2009 March 31, 15:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just getting use to this so they're kind of crappy...this is for all who were banned and can't read it!

Skoria_Bay
ARR!

Give me a tall ship and star to sail her by

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2009 March 31, 15:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I hope people do contact outside sources. Some suggested X-Play, Penny Arcade, and few other gaming related sites and media outlets. Seriously, this does need to be told to people at large. Like Darqstar said earlier, she doesn't want some innocent family member buying her the game, sub, or whatever because they think "Oh, this is the perfect for Darq because we know she loves the Sims!". That adds more innocent people to the mix who don't even know what EA, TSR and lord knows who else have been up to.

I need to check out a few other Sims sites I frequent that aren't are the normal beaten path. I do want them to know what happened and that TSR has stooped to these low means. I think the more people that contact friends and media outlets the more they will realize something is going on.

I fail to see how posting the information that TSR told me *and then questioning it* is "trusting" it.  Just becuase I don't instantly go "TSR fail! Death to Thomas!" doesn't mean that I believe everything they say.

I think Delphy is right. Ok, now flame me with Cat Macros and stuff. Delphy isn't supporting Thomas's excuse, but I do think he(?) is right to question who did it, why, and what exactly the heck is going on. I think he(?) strongly suspects Thomas, but to be honest (as much as I'd love to be proven right that it was him meaning Thomas), we should focus on what exactly did happen. I think somewhere in Coconut's journal are the IP addresses that Thomas did buy for Atwa or whoever. If this does match up, then I'd say Thomas is very likely a strong suspect. And I'd like to know (curiosity and all that with cats) if those IP's can be used outside of Sweden. If not, then that narrows the field considerably to just a few suspects.

Edit: To clarify pronoun

Pescado: I will THROW THEM IN A VAT OF BOILING SHARKS!
mustluvcatz: So, what good would a vat of boiling sharks do? I mean, wouldn't the sharks be dead?
Pescado: SILENCE!
minionsRmine
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2009 March 31, 15:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't flame. And, to me, TSR shouldn't have been mentioned if there was some doubt that it may not have been them.

Paysites just... suck.
scrappysim
ARR!

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2009 March 31, 16:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am curious as to who knew the details about the theft of buggy's work before the hacking.  If we are to believe that it was a coincidence or that the hacker seized an opportunity to exploit the Buggy theft then they would have had to know that the complaint was even made.  This all happened pretty fast and most of the details of what happened went on behind the scenes with Delphy and his staff and then the reporting to the TSR staff.  Most of us (the greater community) didn't get the details until after or near the same time as the hacking.  The hacker needed to know that this was happening in order to take advantage of it.  

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Deeply. . . . It's worth it!
Missbonbon
ARR!

Bonbons... Sally Bonbons

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2009 March 31, 16:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, let's not outcast Delphy just yet. All he is trying to do is find out all the facts before he jumps to conclusions. I still think TSR's "excuse" is a crock of shit. One big question we need to ask TSR, is that if they were hacked, they should be able to find the IP's of their hacker. Once they find it, they should report it. And not just "Hai guise! We foundz da haxxorz!!!" But with proof. And let's not forget that all of Thomass's minions coming over here trying to make guests appearances, is not helping their cred either. I need the proof that TSR was hacked before I'll believe their shit storm of lies.

"Why don't you take your sisters barbie and shove it sideways up your rectum.  Then send Ken to rescue her."- Soggyfox
Darqstar
ARR!

Somehow Involved.

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2009 March 31, 16:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think anyone wants to out Delphy or accuse him of any Pro TSR favoritism.

He is questioning things and I think that it is good that he's doing so.   We pirates have the reputation of being foaming lunatics, unable to every think anything good of TSR, we're not exactly who someone looking for unbiased information will think of to find it. 

If Delphy were ignoring us, and leaving messages, "Hai guz, let's cool it on the TRS Bashin'  'coz thei wuz haxed!"  it would be different. Instead he's coming to us and giving us all the evidence.  And we are refuting it. 

Forewarned is forearmed and it's good the Delphy is willing to see both possibilities and to share information with us, so we can draw our own conclusions, based on all the evidence. 

Now with the POWAH to ruin the internet!
Jojoba
Pirate

Inoodle Concordance

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2009 March 31, 16:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Delphy is simply asking questions to get details before reaching a solid conclusion, personally agree with that as it is better to know all details.

Also, I fully expected TSR to 'reveal' something like this, where they would show a 'you are wrong, pity us because xyz'..and they've gone for the old hacking reason. I am entirely unconvinced by this reason, and presume this is *another* of their anti free attempts - remember that they have planned and are attacking free/anti pay sites/creators.

<@Pescado> I would rather eat my own testicles.

Want to donate? Help out? PM Ash, MissB, Dee or Cat!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 185 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: